Friday, 30 May 2014

Welcome to Friday, the last in MAY!

Hi there,
 
I would like to welcome my two new followers Jellybeanerz (sorry, clicking on the follower image doesn't give me a link to a blog) and Rocky so welcome to you both. However, I had thought Rocky had been following me for more than just a couple of day so, if you joined my blog in the last couple of days then make yourself known and I'll give you a shout out, you too jellybeanerz if you have a blog.....

Yesterday saw me nipping over to visit an aunt and uncle - having not seen them since March! My poor aunt is struggling with her knee but I'm hoping not for much longer - feel better soon aunty B! It was nice to catch up with them for a couple of hours over a cuppa too.

Over at CAS Colours and sketches yesterday was the 5th Thursday which meant both a colour and a sketch challenge this week - hmmmmmmm

It kind of shouted CHRISTMAS at me - did it shout the same to you?


So here's my take on those colours - didn't really have anything like baked brown sugar or coastal cabana but a combination of some card I had + copic skin white and some white card + pro markers in cool aqua and mint green seem to work almost as well




Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Light tan card off cut, coloured around the edges using skin white copic - for an approximation to baked brown sugar
  • White card off cut coloured with pro markers in cool aqua and mint green before over stamping with the Inkadinkado flourish in Memento Bahama blue (stamped off once)
  • Technique Tuesday banner image stamped using Adirondack red pepper on to white card, cut out and then mounted on to the remains of the light tan off cut to give the slightest of borders
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped directly on to base card using Versafine onyx black
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the holly flourish and sentiment and a Wink of Stella (gold) used to colour the central star in the sentiment
  • Chipboard reindeer and iridescent snowflake applied using Cosmic Shimmer glue

No big plans for the day though I still HOPE to get to Swindon, shoe shopping, sometime soon .... but, tonight, I am out to dinner meeting two girlfriends I've known almost forever - well since primary school anyway. We're going Italian, it was a toss up between Chinese and Italian (the restaurants are virtually opposite one another) but the Chinese is currently closed for refurbishment - decision made! I'm sure we shall have a lovely time providing we don't let our dinners get cold because we're chatting too much!
 
And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of my pal, SandraT, oh dear - I hope none of us are suffering these events any time soon!



A Little Poem, so true it hurts!
 
Another year has passed
and we're all a little older,
Last summer felt hotter
and winter seems much colder
 
There was a time not long ago
when life was quite a blast
now I fully understand
about 'Living in the Past'
 
We used to go to weddings,
football games and lunches..
now we go to funeral homes
and after-funeral brunches
 
We used to have hangovers,
from parties that were gay
now we suffer body aches
and wile the night away
 
We used to go out dining,
and couldn't get our fill
now we ask for doggie bags,
come home and take a pill
 
We used to often travel
to places near and far
now we get sore asses
from riding in the car
 
We used to go to nightclubs
and drink a little booze
now we stay home at night
and watch the evening news
 
That, my friend is how life is,
and now my tale is told 
so, enjoy each day and live it up...
before you're too damned old!
 
 
 
Have a splendid Friday folks

8 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Ouch Kathy, I relate too much to that poem! Inside, I'm only 35-40. Outside, I'm nearly 68! Sigh.

Hettie said...

Great card there. Liking the colours.
Now as for that poem...I like to think I am not old enough yet to appreciate it! I am still a child as my parents are still here, so that is how I shall play it!
Hugs
xx

cheryl said...

Oh great poem hun relate to that lol. As for your card its super love the colours hugs cheryl xx

Debs M said...

great make, love the ff - hope you have a fab time x

sweet art designs said...

Love your take on the challenge-great card!
-Myrna

Jacqueline said...

A fab card Kathy - thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

karen h said...

Oh yes, these colors are perfect for a Christmas card! Love the decorative edge on the card base! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Louise van Vuren said...

Fab card, love the Christmas theme and the banner instead of a narrow. The colours are just fine! Thank you for doing The Double at CC&S

Louise xx