Yesterday saw me nipping over to visit an aunt and uncle - having not seen them since March! My poor aunt is struggling with her knee but I'm hoping not for much longer - feel better soon aunty B! It was nice to catch up with them for a couple of hours over a cuppa too.
Over at CAS Colours and sketches yesterday was the 5th Thursday which meant both a colour and a sketch challenge this week - hmmmmmmm
|It kind of shouted CHRISTMAS at me - did it shout the same to you?|
So here's my take on those colours - didn't really have anything like baked brown sugar or coastal cabana but a combination of some card I had + copic skin white and some white card + pro markers in cool aqua and mint green seem to work almost as well
- White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Light tan card off cut, coloured around the edges using skin white copic - for an approximation to baked brown sugar
- White card off cut coloured with pro markers in cool aqua and mint green before over stamping with the Inkadinkado flourish in Memento Bahama blue (stamped off once)
- Technique Tuesday banner image stamped using Adirondack red pepper on to white card, cut out and then mounted on to the remains of the light tan off cut to give the slightest of borders
- Inkadinkado sentiment stamped directly on to base card using Versafine onyx black
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the holly flourish and sentiment and a Wink of Stella (gold) used to colour the central star in the sentiment
- Chipboard reindeer and iridescent snowflake applied using Cosmic Shimmer glue
No big plans for the day though I still HOPE to get to Swindon, shoe shopping, sometime soon .... but, tonight, I am out to dinner meeting two girlfriends I've known almost forever - well since primary school anyway. We're going Italian, it was a toss up between Chinese and Italian (the restaurants are virtually opposite one another) but the Chinese is currently closed for refurbishment - decision made! I'm sure we shall have a lovely time providing we don't let our dinners get cold because we're chatting too much!