I'm finally shaking off this darn cold (unwanted birthday present!!) and managed to make it out to dinner with friends last night. We went to a restaurant we've been to before and, since we get e-mail updates, I even had a voucher for a free cocktail!! Woo Hoo .... my first choice (from a list of only about 6) was a Rhubarb Cosmopolitan .... no rhubarb - 2nd choice was the carrot cake which promised a carrot-y aftertaste .... nope, still waiting! but it wasn't bad. I had the fish and chips and they were very nice indeed. A pleasant evening catching up with friends - what's not to enjoy?
I've woken up this morning feeling considerably more human than I have all week so am assuming the dreaded cold lurgy is now well on it's way - who knows? I might even get to my table of craftiness I thought and, optimistically, checked some of my fave challenges ...... and how did that work out for me? Well, see for yourself!
The new challenge over at Simply Less Is More is to use a die cut!? Hmmmmmmmmmm - well I didn't really NEED a new baby card but ..... I DID happen to have a pretty little die cut pram, so -
- 12½cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 12cm square panel offcut of orange patterned card
- 11½cm square panel of white card for the main image panel
- Distress Ink in wild honey simply pressed on to the white card panel
- Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
- Cream glitter card die cut "pram" attached using dimensional foam
- Faux crystal gemstones added, to embellish
And here's a close up of the die cut section
And over at Festive Friday where they are determined to help us keep on top of our Christmas card makes, there is a photo inspiration challenge - see what you make of this
Some splendid challenges out there, wonder how many I'll get round to! Not forgetting that Rudolph Day rolls around again tomorrow over at Stamping for Pleasure (where two cards are obligatory for each month in 2014)!
Have a great weekend