Friday, 27 June 2014

It's Friday and that means the weekend starts here!!!

Morning all,
 
Honestly, I go away for a couple of days and miss so much in blogland! Sarn launched her Rudolph Day challenge - make two Christmas cards and Julie launched a new Rudolph Day challenge on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) .... "Snowmen and snow scenes" - she asked to see some glitter too!! Shouldn't be too difficult but got lots of things to do first!! ....
 
We've been away for a couple of days, staying with friends in Blackpool, they're fab hosts and lovely people and we've had a great time. Thank you Mary and Barry for your splendid hospitality now ...... I'd like to share a couple of piccies with you ....
 
The sea view from our "penthouse apartment" - YES that IS the Blackpool illuminations you can see -
they don't get turned on for months but they have already started putting them up!!

Freeport shopping outlet and dock

Whitewell in the Trough of Bowland

The Inn and Church at Whitewell - a LOVELY place for lunch

This is the "advertising hoarding" for the John Ditchfield glass works
and is gloriously iridescent and is illuminated at night - FAB!

Stumbled across a Craft Central at the Burnside garden centre!

And even managed a little craft shopping at Freeport too!!!
 
 
So, all of this is by way of an explanation as to why I have no crafting to share with you but I hope you will forgive me for taking a few days to play tourist!!! I have a couple of projects under way and/or in the planning stages and even hope to get new stash inky so ..... there may be a second post today or, failing that, there may be quite a few makes in tomorrows post!!!! Watch this space!

And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Marsha once again - don't know where she finds them all! ENJOY
 
Have a chuckle or two with the following. :):):):)
How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!

A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.

They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

When chemists die, they barium.

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

PMS jokes aren't funny; period...

Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

We're going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

Broken pencils are pointless.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

Velcro - what a rip off!

                            "Do not worry about old age; it does not last"
 
Have a fantabulous weekend, if you enjoyed the Friday Funny then check out the Hettiecraft blog for another funny! - ENJOY


9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great to have you back in time for the Friday Funny Kathy. Looks like you had a fab time with your lovely pals in Blackpool and I enjoyed the photo's very much. Lovely crafty stash too. Lx

Squirrel x said...

Looks like you had a super time hun, the photos are fab. Thanks for todays's pun funnies, they really raised a smile. Hugs xx

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a lovely break.

Lilian said...

Great pictures Kathy. Love the Friday fuuny.

Great to have to back
Lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

You are entitled to some time off, Kathy, and at least you gave us pics, and showed us your goodies. I expect they will turn up in your crafting in the next few weeks.

My name is Wynneth said...

It really looks like you had a fabby time with your pals, lovely pix giving us a feel of what you've been up to.

Great Stash too, do I spy a Kaiser stamp in there? thought you already had them all LOL

Now I'm home myself I'm working my way backwards through the posts I missed while I was away.

Looking forward to seeing your new projects once you've unpacked and recovered from travelling !

luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

great pix....dearie me at the ff! x

SARN said...

Sounds like you had a great time away Kathy. Lovely pictures.

I've been in Southampton all day!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hettie said...

I have never been to Blackpool but always fancied it. Maybe I will one day.
Very funny funnies. Some of them are almost as old as mine!
Thanks for the shoutout.
Hugs
xx