Wednesday, 25 June 2014

It's mid week and you KNOW what that means ....

Yep, morning and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!
 
Well, you know me, I sure do love to craft but, I've been finding it a little hot and hard to concentrate, crafting (as I do) right in front of large patio windows - steamy!!! However, I had to make a wine tag and matching thank you card for some friends so, there was nothing for it but to suck it up and crack on .....
 
 
 
Materials used for the card:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Cherry red card (2 x 6" x 6" sheets) die cut with a fancy circle (for the card and for the tag)
  • Burgundy card cut in to two smaller plain circles                                    -- " --
  • White card die cut in to two smaller again plain circles                           -- " --
  • Distress Inks blended (using a Tim Holtz blending tool and splodgeaway mat): festive berries, rusty hinge, aged mahogany and black soot
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" and "harlequin" and Visible image "stain" image stamped using festive berries
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" stamped randomly using Color Box gold (this pad is so old that I have to go hunting for gold ink now but my replacement hasn't yet arrived! Anyone know how good the Encore gold in pad is?)
  • Clearly Inspired rose image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I'm entering this for the "Anything goes" challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

And here's a close up of the image and also of the inside of the card and front of the envelope


 



And the co-ordinating tag ...




Materials used for the tag:
  • As for the card (except for the sentiment) plus ....
  • Offcut of Black card with one 2½" circle and 2 x 3/8" holes cut - for the bottle and ribbon to thread through
  • Narrow satin ribbon
 
I'll give you three guesses as to what's on my work desk ...... if you said "A MESS" then you would be spot on - my desk is ALWAYS a mess. When my husband was working he had a sign for his desk which read "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius" and I've (PLAINLY) adopted this as my mantra! Repeat after me "A cluttered desk IS a sign of genius"!!!


Is your desk looking tidier? I expect so - nearly everyone's seems tidier than my own!

 
Have a great Wednesday .... enjoy the sunshine and hold the thought that it will soon be the weekend!!!

7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card and tag Kathy, you packed a lot into those - must get out my splats again!

I hope you have cooled down, it's been raining all morning here. Not that bad, considering the garden needs it, we have had quite a dry spell lately.

SARN said...

Good heavens YES . . . my desk is waaaaay tidier than that said Little Miss Neat Freak!

Loving the look of your bottle tag and card. FAB!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous colours.

Deepti said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, I love the detailing on the focal piece and the gold splatter !

catherine said...

fabulous work Kathy and love the look inside the die cut shape. Love the image in black.

A cluttered desk IS a sign of genius! There I have repeated it too and hope it works for me(lol)
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

Love the card and bottle tag Kathy, the red really pops against the white background. That's a fabby rose image and the gold ink shows up really well, what a great highlight.

Your workdesk is a great deal tidier than mine I'm ashamed to say - oopsie !

luv
wynneth
x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Kathy. Your rose panel is lovely with the inking and gold splashes. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.