Tuesday, 17 June 2014

It's Tuesday and I'm not sure you will be expecting a post from me today!

Morning peeps

First off the bat, allow me to welcome a new follower, Karen, welcome - hope you find reason to stop back from time to time too
 
I know I don't usually post on Tuesday's these days but I'm playing catch up having been away for the weekend (photos in yesterdays post if you are interested) and trying to fit in a few challenge cards ....
 
Merry Monday's Christmas challenge blog launched their new challenge unsurprisingly .... on Monday!! It's a colour challenge this time round and their choices were Pink/silver/white. There's also a sketch challenge on the Stamplorations blog and here is my take on one card to fit both challenges ...
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White card for image panel and pink card for matting - 1/16" border using perfect layer rulers
  • Inkylicious stripe image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Post It used to mask the bottom of the white card - Versamark embossing ink applied generously over the un masked area and Pan Pastel metallic silver applied using a Sofft tool, buffed with paper towel and set using hairspray
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stamplorations tree stamped using Versamark ink and then heat embossed using two shades of pink embossing powder
  • Wink of Stella glitter pen added to just the star - for added twinkles!
 
 
 
 
 
Pan Pastels have the current challenge of Flora and Fauna ..... and I'm hoping that my Christmas tree may well rock that challenge too

Right, now I've done that, I'm off out to meet Lilian for coffee this morning - leaving hubby to cut the grass - hopefully! Have a great Tuesday


13 comments:

SARN said...

Great festive card Kathy.

Hope you have a great coffee morning!

Doesn't matter if I'm EXPECTING a post from you or not, dear old Blogger lets me know . . . so I can always come visit.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Nice to see you here on a Tusday Kathy. I come every day, because sometimes I'm too early for you post, so I end up catching it the next day, and I don't want to miss any.

Beautiful day here (second in a row), which is really cheering.

Enjoy your coffee.

Lilian said...

Afternoon Kathy, Great card,

Hugs
lilian

Lilian said...

Afternoon Kathy, Great card,

Hugs
lilian

Lilian said...

Afternoon Kathy, Great card,

Hugs
lilian

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Kathy! Great use of these lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Kathy! Great use of these lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Debs M said...

ooh love this! that metallic silver looks great - fab tree stamp too x

catherine said...

A great card Kathy and love the tree
x catherine

Bonnie said...

Love the shine and that lovely embossed panel as well as the pretty, pink tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Kathy, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori said...

Kathy, this is very cute!! I love your tree...thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

shirley-bee said...

Great interpretation of the sketch, Kathy! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations :)