Monday, 30 June 2014

Monday and the start of another week

Morning,
 
How was your weekend? I hope the weather didn't interfere with your plans too much - two of my pals were meeting in London and (sadly) it rained a bit!! I imagine that Wimbledon and Glastonbury experienced some rain too .... me? I was lucky and didn't get too much rain here - thank goodness.
 
It was good crafting weather!!! Here's a card I made for the ABC of Christmas challenge - M is for MAIL .... I set off making it with little idea as to how it would finish. I found a seldom used image and got carried away - made my vintage feel card and then thought ... so, remind me again where the MAIL bit comes in - guess it's the list. I hope it qualifies otherwise I will need to make another  - still, one more for my collection!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white, black and burgundy card
  • Great Impressions "Santa" image stamped on to white card using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Distress Inks: tea dye, aged mahogany and black soot applied using a splodgeaway mat, TimHoltz mini blending tool and foam pad
  • I water coloured the image using the aged mahogany, black soot and pumice distress inks before adding Stardust stickles to highlight the "fur"
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
 
I can, however, enter this for Di's "snippets" challenge over at Pixies Crafty workshop - yee haa! I can hardly believe that it's the last day of June and that its less than six months to Christmas - YIKES! Best I start my Christmas shopping .... soon!

Bit of news to share with you .... one of my pals, Karen, has bravely taken the plunge and set up her own website selling craft goodies - check it out here. Wishing you the very best of luck, Karen.
 
Have a fab Monday

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like the long list could count as mail to me.
Still no rain here!!

Lesley Thomas said...

sorry to rub it in, but we had two gloriously sunny days this weekend, and today is just the same (so far). I had a crafty day with 4 friends on Saturday, and managed to do a bit of gardening yesterday, so I'm pleased with my efforts.

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's still a gorgeous card Kathy and that sentiment deserves a special mention too. Love that. Best of luck with the challenge. Lx

SARN said...

Terrific Santa image . . . well of course the MAIL bit comes in cuz he's CHECKING HIS LIST (TWICE) before he sets off with his deliveries!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Great card Kathy
x catherine

Deepti said...

Lovely Christmas card, I like the shimmer on Santa :)

Debs Willis said...

Great card, definitely a mail connection!
Debs x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh I do like me a lovely Santa image - this one is fabulous and I think it's perfect for a 'mail' themed challenge.

We had more than our fair share of the rain in my bit of Cornwall, however my Bruv and family holdaying in Porthleven have had glorious sunny weather !

luv
wynneth
x

Hettie said...

Of course mail comes into this as he has had to check all those letters and put them onto his list. It is gorgeous too.
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Great card Kathy! I agree with everyone else, it's mail checking! Super sentiment there as well.

I just ordered from some stuff Karen BTW :) I needed another Wild Rose Studio Annabelle's Christmas paper pad as mine is getting low - and guess what, a few other things jumped into the basket!

Catching up on commenting here!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Delightful, Kathy. I hope my name is on his list! Love the soft tones of the coloring, and he's one handsome dude! Glad you had some good craft time while the weather was gloomy. TFS & Hugs

Zw@@n said...

Lovely card, Kathyk. Pretty colour. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Samantha said...

Fabulous card Kathy and yup it qualifies, we are happy you played along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)