Friday, 27 June 2014

Second post Friday

Hi there
 
Been a while since I posted twice in one day but I'm playing catch up on my Christmas cards so .... if you missed my earlier post (and the Friday Funny) then either scroll down or click on this link

Well, it's just under six months till Christmas (YIKES!!!) and Rudolph Day just passed ... I was away so am playing catch up. Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge says you have to enter TWO cards to be eligible so here is the first, I shall also be entering this over at Cute Card Thursday where the challenge is: "#327 - CIRCLES"
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Die cut plain and scalloped circle using snippets of white, green and red card - doncha just love to use up little bits???
  • I stamped the woodware Christmas tree on to the white circle using Versafine onyx black and multiple times on to the red scalloped circle using Versacolour gold ink
  • Hero Arts mini scribble circle stamped across the card using Adirondack bottle and red pepper inks
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles applied to the solid black circles of the tree, to soften the starkness of the black
 
As usual, this design was carried across the inside of the card and both the front and back of my envelope. If I'm quick I can also enter this over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop in her snippets challenge which closes Saturday morning!

And here's my second card to make my post eligible for Sarn's challenge .... it also fits the Rudolph Day challenge on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) where the theme is "snowmen scenes and glitter and sparkle" ...




Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in white, red, turquoise and black
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle snowie image stamped on to white snippet using Memento tuxedo black
  • Distress Ink in Stormy Sky and Salty Ocean sponged on to the snippet
  • Alcohol markers to colour the image
  • Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in "diamond" used to give dimension and sparkle to the snowman
  • Copic Atyou spica glitter pen in black to add twinkle to my little crows
  • Inkylicious sentiment stamped directly on to base card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Narrow red satin ribbon wrapped around base card and tied in to a knot off centre

And, to show that I carried my design across the inside of the card and the front and back of the envelope then here is the front and back of the envelope!


 
 
 
Have a great Friday, don't forget to follow the link to my earlier post and Friday Funny

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a cute tree and snowman, Kathy!

Debs M said...

i still haven't made any.... love that snowman! x

Viv said...

Two great cards Kathy and I love how you did the envelope too :) Viv xx

SARN said...

Two lovely festive makes here Kathy. Both so different. Love what you do to your envelopes.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day. Just off to see what you were up to on your previous post . . . stand by!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Two lovely cards, love the sweet simplicity of the first card and the fun snowman and colours on the second card.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Kathy.
Hugs
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fab cards Kathy xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Two great cards kathy.

Lilian said...

Two really nice cards Kathy, Love the snowman.

Lilian

Di said...

Two super cards Kathy! Thankf for a reminder too - I always forget that the Woodware Bubble Tree stamp set has a small one in, lovely how you used it too.

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely cards...and I love the inside peek too!