Saturday, 7 June 2014

Stormy Saturday

Morning all,
 
Another weekend and the weather? Well, since it IS the weekend, wouldn't you just know it's scheduled to be total PANTS! It's actually not too bad right now but .....
 
Given the chilly couple of days we've had this week and the fervent wish that we could have lit our gas fire (but that's a whole other story - suffice it to say: old one = broke, new one = on order!!!), it set me to thinking wintry thoughts and I've notched up three Christmas cards in the last 47 hours!! Just as well as I had rather fallen behind on my plan to make eight per month - I need a "virtual" kick up the backside! Anyway, here is one more for my collection - it IS growing albeit perhaps not at the rate I planned! At least I shouldn't be up till midnight the first week in December, trying to play catch up!
 
 
Here's my card
And here's how the inside and the envelope are looking!
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White ribbed card panel
  • Snippet of red card, for matting
  • Snippet of white card for my image panel
  • Inkadinkado Santa image stamped on to my white image panel using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Penny Black (NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - as per Darnell!) sentiment stamped on to my image panel using Versafine crimson ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped on to the red matting panel using Color Box gold ink
  • Kaisercraft crackle image stamped multiple times using both Versafine crimson and Adirondack snowcap inks to create a more interesting layer.
  • Matted together using Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue
 
I stamped the image and sentiment (using the same inks) on to the inside of the card and to the front and back of the envelope too.

The Stamplorations blog has launched a new challenge and their theme is: "Stamps and Borders" and, having had a creative evening, I reckon it should be eligible to enter my card below - wish me luck! I figured this is a great card to send to a pal when trying to organise a get together!, I have several people I could send this to! And, because of the extraordinary shine the metallic pan pastels have (and the shine your cheeks get after too much wine!!!!) I shall be entering this for the SHINE challenge over at CASology too!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square white image panel
  • Burgundy pearl and gold papers, for matting - using the perfect layers matting ruler
  • Post Its for masking my border
  • Versamark ink applied to the masked off area before applying Pan Pastels with a Sofft tool - colours used: Violet, Magenta, Yellow Green, Silver and bronze - buffed with paper towel and set with hairspray. LOVE how those Pan Pastels shine when buffed too
  • Kaisercraft Crackle" image stamped using Adirondack cranberry ink
  • Kaisercraft old script image stamped using Adirondack raisin ink
  • I then moved one of my post its to mask my pan pastel panel
  • Stamplorations Holiday Artsy border stamped using Adirondack raisin ink
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink


Check out this SHINE!!
 

It's challenge day for me  - over at Simply Less Is More the new challenge is: "The colours of your bedroom", well this had me stumped as my bedroom is cream - well, the walls anyway, but the curtains are deep green and the quilt a lighter green - hmm, cream and green; a combination that would probably never occur to me normally but ...
 

 

 
 
Materials used:
  • White 5" x 7", 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • DCWV linen look 6" x 4" panels in deep green and cream (3/6" cut off two edges of the cream)
  • Low tack tape to mask a panel
  • Versamark ink applied to masked panel before applying pan pastels in phthalo green and silver, buffing with paper towel and then setting with hairspray
  • Kaisercraft mini harlequin image and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Adirondack bottle ink
  
The new challenge over at Craftbubble 2½' group CRAFT MAD and LOVING IT (registration required) is: "Use yellow or gold and wool or twine" so I may yet be back with a second post - been a while since I've done that so .... don't act all surprised if you see one!

In case I don't though - have a great weekend whatever you have planned and, if it involves the great outdoors then I hope the weather will not spoil it for you.

21 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Brilliant works or art here Kathy. yep the weather is pants I agree! Hope to catch up with you later and thatnkyou so much for the anniversary card, although I haven't opened it yet! xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

It sure is crafting weather; that's for sure. Glad to see you've been putting your time to good use creating more fabulous cards. All are great but my particular favourite is the "Wine" card (nothing to do with the mention of wine, I promise ;oD). Good luck with the challenge. I do feel your lovely card is a worthy contender and I'm sure they will too.

Have a great weekend matey. I'm off to do some colouring myself. Lx

Kathyk said...

One of my crafting buddy's sent me this by e-mail .....

I have resorted to emailing you as Blogger just will not let me comment properly. Mind you - there's just been a storm here and my internet is very intermittant at the moment, so that's part of the problem.

Anyhoo . . . just wanted to say that I love your jolly snowman card, and the inky wine card too.

Have a super Saturday . .. I'm crafting with you after I send off this email. Gonna try and join in with Darnell's NBUS challenge, and I really MUST get some new Sarndangles drawn for someone important!
SARN

Thanks for persevering!

Kathy

Kylie said...

gorgeous card! Great use of masking and stamping to create that amazing border. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, I do love the snowman, it would cheer a gloomy day thats for sure,
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

great makes - love the wine card obviously!! x

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards xx Jan

Viv said...

Wow so many fab cards Kathy, love them all.Heavy rain here too although the sun is shining atm....hope it lasts now :) Viv xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the 'wine a little' card....what a great sentiment.
Please don't talk aboout fires....it's baking hot here....a swimming pool is what we need!!!

Joyce said...

Fabulous collection of cards. Sorry about your weather, but it does look like it was good for crafting. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

catherine said...

Great work catching up on your Christmas cards Kathy. Nice card with the chosen colours for the challenge
x catherine

Sazzle Dazzle said...

oooh another busy bee in blogland. Love your colours ... anything teal is perfect for me so thanks for letting us peep at your colours and sharing such a perfectly CAS card
Sarah
Less is More

Lynne said...

And here was me expecting royal purple or at least lavender lol. Great card and a beautiful colour. I was tempted to put our heating on a couple of times this past week and then yesterday was so hot. Chucking it down today but no thunder storms here luckily.
Lynne xxx

Margaret said...

Fabulous cards Kathy
Margaret x

Anne said...

Super bunch of cards Kathy with a fun sentiment for your 'shine' one. Interesting how bedroom colours aren't always crafting colours! You made a fab card with your though!
Thank for for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Chrissie said...

Great cards Kathy with some terrific techniques!
Love your bedroom one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun collection of cards, sorry to hear it has been cold. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Jen said...

great set of cards kathy
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Lisa Lara said...

Lovely job Kathy using your bedroom colors on your card. So happy you joined us at Less Is More this week. - Lisa Lara (LIM Guest Designer)

Gerrina said...

Love the LIM card and the two X-mascards! What are you productive on saterdays! Great to get inspired so much! Hugs, Gerrina

maria f. said...

I love just about any kind of wine card... yours is so elegant. Love those colors and such a pretty sentiment. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.