After a glorious week I was looking forward to a "fresher" night last night .... and some sleep - oh, for some air conditioning!! Well, it MIGHT have been easier to sleep .... had some of our neighbours not decided to have a "footie party" and keep us awake till the wee small hours with loud talking/shouting! And then, we were awakened at 07:15 this morning by a police car, siren blazing, making a mercy dash in front of our window!! A siesta MAY be required this afternoon!
|Here it is after I set to work with my Distress Inks and paintbrush ..|
- Watercolour paper
- C.S. free stamp courtesy of Chocolate Baroque, stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Paintbrush and water
- Distress Inks: mowed lawn, picked raspberry, seedless preserves, dusty concord
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of Kraft, Aubergine and black card - cut using perfect layering template at 1/16th and a Fiskars finger knife
- Having drawn a faint pencil mark where I wanted my finished image panel to sit I stamped the JOFY grid and Visible Image ink blot images twice using Memento rosebud ink, Another Visible Image ink blot image was stamped twice using Distress Ink in dusty concord and my favourite ink splatter image by Paper Artsy was stamped three times using Color Box gold ink
- I struggled with the sentiment as I really wanted a Mackintosh-esque font but didn't want to add a layer by computer generating it ..... I finally decided on this cool Fiskars sentiment and stamped it at what I thought was a rather jaunty angle using Versafine onyx black ink
- All that remained then was to add a few highlights of stardust stickles to the flowers, leaves and grid to the lower right hand side and then ..... step away from the card whilst there was still plenty of white space!!!
I'll tell one thing that's "out there" too ..... today is my FOURTH blogversary!!! WOW! When I started blogging I never dreamed that I would still be blogging four years down the line, I never imagined anyone would be even remotely interested in my craft-y ramblings and now .... I have 197 followers too - I've even been lucky enough to meet a number of you in person and I feel like many more of you are friends not just blog buddies - thank you all, I hope to meet more of you sometime too. ...... Hmm, when I get to five years I shall have to offer some candy ..... and maybe when I reach 300 followers too.