Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Welcome to hump day Wednesday - or What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Morning all,
 
Yesterday was a lovely day both weather wise and from a social point of view too. Yesterday morning saw me heading off to the mall, to meet with crafting buddy (Lilian) for a wander around Hobbycraft followed by a drink at the Costa Coffee right next door. We were joined by her lovely husband (Ron) for some of the time too - good to see you Lovely Ron. After lunch with my own hubby I headed off to Yate to have a mooch around the shops - whilst I didn't actually buy anything it was a lovely afternoon for a stroll!
 
And then, yesterday evening, having first had a long conversation with my Uncle, I set about a masculine card using the new DoCrafts stamp set I acquired in Hobbycraft - perfick!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 12½cm square white card for image panel
  • Chocolate brown and black card - for matting - 1/16" layer cut using perfect layering ruler
  • DoCrafts sentiment panel stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots Algernon image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, stamping him a second time (without re-inking) on to a post it and cutting out the feet and lower leg - for a mask
  • Alcohol marker to colour his pocket handkerchief and waistcoat
  • With my post "mask" in place, Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped across the bottom using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Black sugared brad through the "tag hole" of the DoCrafts image before assembling the finished card
 
As is my usual habit these days .... Algernon was stamped again on the insert and both the front and back of the envelope, to co-ordinate the design

And here's the new stash from Hobbycraft ....

 
 
I will be entering this for the Fathers Day challenge over at the Male Room - since neither my hubby or I have fathers living I have omitted the word "Father" from my card but I hope they will forgive me - it's very definitely a card I could have given to either of our fathers.
 
And now for my work desk, messy (as always) - I swear that, if I tidied it, people would think I'd photoshopped it!
 
 
 
Have a great Wednesday

10 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy and as you said yesterday a prefect stamp.
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW Kathy.

Great masculine card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun i adore this card its brilliant love that stamp,sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday hugs cheryl xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do love dear Algernon. It's great to see him again on such a splendid card (nothing else would do...). Good luck with the challenge.

Glad to see your desk is looking like a buzzing hive of activity. In this case less would just be less and that's no good at all. Bring on the mess is what I say. Chin chin ;oD

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

A very suave card.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, you crafty, messy girl! You DO manage to create the most incredible cards from up and out of that volcano of card products, Kathy, and this card is a perfect example of that! I love it! What a great CAS card for a father or any man for any occasion!

Thanks for coming to see me! Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell #14

Debs M said...

ooh - always handy for male cards

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and the new stamps go well with the image. glad you had a lovely time with Lilian
x catheirne

Deborah Frings said...

Super debonair image and the sentiment is a perfect match. Very elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

Sue - said...

Very "Woosterish" (if that's a word!) card. Thank you for joining us in The Male Room.