Sunday, 1 June 2014

Welcome to ..... JUNE!

Morning
 
It's "flamin' June"!!! Well, after a shaky grey start today is looking like it might be a really nice day, lucky for hubby as he's headed off to the flying field full of optimism!
 
And as for me .... well, over at the Pan Pastels blog their current challenge is: "ONE FOR THE BOYS" .... primarily for Fathers Day but many of us don't have Fathers to make cards for so it's a masculine card challenge. I just so happened to have received some masculine images as a birthday gift so this was the perfect opportunity to rip open the packaging and get some ink on them! You would have thought so wouldn't you? Well, we crafters can often go off at a tangent and this is EXACTLY what happened to me this morning. I opened the drawer which I know contains my "masculine" images only to find that I hadn't gotten round to filing my new images there ..... my eyes were inexplicably drawn to another set entirely and I was ..... lost!!! Sorry, Lauren, hope you will forgive me - they WILL get used soon though, promise!
 
Don't you just love the sheen achieved with these metallic Pan Pastels?
  
Materials used:
  • White 5" x 7", 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels for matting and image panel
  • Snippets of black card and red card (for my image panel though I DID have to break in to new pieces for the larger backing panel!)
  • I ran my larger white card panel through my big shot inside an embossing folder
  • I then dabbed (firmly) my Versamark ink pad all over the embossed panel before applying pan pastels with a Sofft angled sponge. I used: Permanent Red, Bright Gold, Bronze, Pewter and Silver; buffed to a shine with a piece of paper towel and then set using hairspray
  • I used perfect layering templates to cut the mats: 1/16th and 3/16ths
  • Acid Drops & Whatnot's image and sentiment stamped on to my smaller white "snippet" using Versafine onyx black ink. It's such a fab image that all I needed was a splash of red alcohol marker (to match the layers), some stardust stickles (for the buttons) and glossy accents (for the monocle) and it was done!
 
Since I DID use snippets of card I will be entering this over at Di's 127th snippet challenge on Pixie's Crafty Workshop blog where I hope she will forgive the use of the larger sheets too!

Have a great Sunday


12 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

The phrase that comes to mind when I saw the image you used was "fabulous darling" ...lol! Great card kathy.

SARN said...

That's a great male card Kathy and I LOVE that shiny PP embossed background. As long as you have the one snippet on there, I know that Di will be happy for you to come play in the Snippets Playground.

See you on the swings later.

BEAUTIFUL sunshiny day here.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Deepti said...

This is an awesome masculine card, I like the metallic sheen to the BG and what a fun image :)

Lauren Hatwell said...

I reckon it was happy accident Kathy. I LOVE the card you made. It's perfect. Best of luck with the challenge. Lx

Louise Wright said...

great card Kathy- love the sentiment and the background you made.
Thanks for copying my CMLI Rudolph card to CB 2 1/2 yesterday :-)
Where is the year going to??? June already... nearly the world cup ;-) (I know you are not a fan though)

Debs M said...

loving those metallic pp's - fabby card x

scrappymo! said...

What a beautiful technique you used to create this pretty card.

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy. Oooh, he is snooty, isn't he. He couldn't stick his nose up any further if he tried! Love the card, and it's definitely not flaming here either. Dull, grey, and threatening rain.

Di said...

Oh Kathy - what a toff!! I do love Acid Drops stamps, I only have the one freebie and you've reminded me to use her ASAP! Back to your terrific card though, you got this just right - and the embossed backing is absolutely amazing. I thought it was some new fancy mirri card!

And of COURSE it's fine to cut into a fresh sheet for the Playground - I often do that esp. with backing papers. All you need is just one little snippets somewhere on what you make and that's absolutely fine. No wonder the Playground is like a loonatic asylum at times, no real rools you see :)

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Bwahahahaha, just read previous comments and I see that Sarn had already said what I did - should we make her a Prefect d'you think? P'raps not, I'd hate her to get too serious and responsible :)

xx

Lesley Thomas said...

It's Wednesday here Kathy, so I've beaten you to it. Still not got to crafting yet, I have places that need weeding.

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, fab card! Love that stamp and your background is stunning Thanks so much for joining our One for the Boys Challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx