Friday, 6 June 2014

YAY! - Friday again!

Morning peeps,
 
Friday once more so the weekend starts here!! Got plans? Me? I'm just hoping it won't rain!!! Hardly seems any time at all since we had so much rain we didn't know what to do with it all and, after a very short time of pleasant weather, here it comes again!! Ah well, at least it makes for good crafting (but poor photographing) weather!

I'm beginning to think this image is true ......


 
 
First of all ... two Chrimbo cards ... for the Rudolph Day challenge over on CB2½'s Craft Mad and Loving It group (registration required) where the challenge is entitled "Pick and Mix".

I picked: two C6 cards, two stamps, two layers, two inks and this is what I came up with ....




Materials:
  • Two white C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Four blue card panels (for matting front and inside)
  • White card for image panels (front and inside)
  • Inkadinkado snowman image stamped using Versafine blue ink (front and inside of card and front and reverse of envelope)
  • Penny Black sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink (front and inside of card and front and reverse of envelope)
  • Stardust stickles to highlight snowman and text

Many of my readers and/or followers will also be familiar with the fantabulous Darnell and her blog ... well, she has now risen to the heady heights of having 500+ followers (YAY DARNELL) and has launched a challenge to celebrate. There's a pretty magnificent bunch of prizes too and only a couple of rules - she knows we don't really DO rules! Anyway, it's a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge so you HAVE to use something that's never been used before - and we all have those - and explain this in post too. So, I used the Penny Black sentiment for the first time ever in the above project so I feel I can enter this for Darnell's challenge. She also said "with an emphasis on friendship" well, Christmas is the time to reconnect with old friends so I'm HOPING that she won't feel my project to be too tenuous to allow ..... or will she?

CONGRATS DARNELL - love your blog matey! Here's to the next 500!




A now for a quick ATC ........
 
 
 
And a close up of the super twinkle!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card snippet cut to ATC size 
  • IndigoBlu flourish image stamped several times using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry applied to the stamped card using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Switching to a clean foam pad I spritzed some water on to a craft sheet and soaked it up with the clean foam pad before placing on to the distress inked ATC. After leaving it in position for a few seconds I removed it and cleaned off the pad before repeating again - called the bleach block technique, last used in my post on Wednesday but I then proceeded to cover it up ... so I thought I would have another go - without covering it so completely this time!!!
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped numerous times using Color Box gold ink
  • Clearly Inspired rose image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Wink of Stella (black) used to draw over the rose image to give it the super twinkle!
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I'm going to be entering this for the "Perfectly Pink" challenge over at Cute Card Thursday, I checked the rules and it DOES say it can be something other than a card so ... an ATC fits that bill methinks - wish me luck.

And finally ..... the Friday Funny, this week brought to you courtesy of Marsha - where DO you find them all?
 
 
 
A salesman drove into a small town where a circus was in progress.

A sign  read: 'Don't Miss Bruce The Amazing Scotsman'.
 
The salesman bought a  ticket and sat down.

There,  on centre stage, was a table with three walnuts on it. Standing  next to it was an old Scotsman. Suddenly the old man lifted his kilt, whipped out a huge willy and smashed all  three walnuts with three mighty swings!

The  crowd erupted in applause as the elderly Scot was carried off on the  shoulders of the crowd.

Ten  years later the salesman visited the same little town and saw a faded poster for the same circus and the same sign 'Don't Miss Bruce The Amazing Scotsman'. He  couldn't believe the old guy was still alive, much less still doing his  act!

He  bought a ticket. Again, the centre ring was illuminated.

This  time, however, instead of walnuts, three coconuts were placed on the  table. The  Scotsman stood before them, then suddenly lifted his kilt and shattered the  coconuts with three swings of his amazing member.
The  crowd went wild!

Flabbergasted, the salesman requested a meeting with him after the show.

'You're  incredible!' he told the Scotsman. 'But I have to know Something.  You're older now, why switch from walnuts to coconuts
.
.
.
.
.
.

'Well  laddie,' said the Scot, 'Ma
eyes are nae whit they used tae be!!!!!!!!!'

 
If you're in the mood for another Friday Funny then Hetticraft usually has one on her blog ... see it here.
 
Have a brilliant weekend!

14 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Loving your super twinkle.
Going by the weather down here....the installation may be starting to work!!

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the funny! I didn't see the end coming. Great cards, I still envy you doing the Christmas cards - I still can't make any yet.

Lilian said...

Kathy. Love the cardswell done, The friday funny is really great and made me laugh.
Hugs
lilian .

Darnell J Knauss said...

Loved the funny, Kathy, and did not SEE it coming! I also loved your kind and heartwarming words about me and my blog, too! Thank you so much for them and for being the first partypant in my NBUS challenge! Your virginal sediment and thoughts of Christmas friendship are mwah perfect!!

A gorgeous sparkling ATC, too!!

Have a great weekend in spite of the rain! I so wish you could send some of it over to us in our poor drought-stricken state. That "Installing British Summer" is so darn clever and makes me laugh! I'll send you some summer and you send me some rain and we'll all be happy!

Hugs, Darnell

SARN said...

Love the FF Kathy. Made me chuckle!

Your glitzy snowman Rudolph Day cards are lovely, as is that sumptuous ATC.

Will have to check out the wonderful Darnell's challenge. Thanks for alerting me to it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great ff!!

fabby make - love the twinkle x

Debs M said...

great atc - love the twinkle - fabulous ff! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great Friday Funny as ever Kathy.

Love your gorgeous snowies and beautiful ATC.

Have a great weekend.

Lx

catherine said...

very good Friday Funny!!
Christmas cards look fabulous and love the blue.
Also a great Atc and love the colour too!
x catherine

Deepti said...

Hahaha!! I like the error in the installation of summer :) love the sparkle on the snowman and ur ATC are amazing always !

Hettie said...

Haa Haa! Well done Kathy for the FF!
The installation has failed in South Wales too!
Lovely RD cards.
Hugs
xx

Nora N. said...

I love your little joke. Where I live, it is the same way. Your cards are adorable. I love the blue and the sparkle. Have a great day!!

1CardCreator said...

Great cards and ATC, loved, loved loved your joke! You just have to be a friend of Darnell with this sense of humor! So glad I found you through her NBUS challenge! ~Diane

Karen Hasheck said...

Such a pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I have so much NBUS I just had to enter this challenge too. I am now a follower and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/2014/06/nbus-friendship-challenge-card.html