Monday, 28 July 2014

Another week? Wot? Already?

Morning all,
 
Hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was ordinary - we didn't do anything exciting but it was very pleasant - much of it spent just trying to stay cool though Sunday did dawn much fresher than of late - thank heavens! And we certainly found it much easier to sleep last night too, if you take those pesky crows out of the equation!!

Managed a little crafting though (on Saturday) it was seriously warm in my little craft cubby hole!!! Still, I bore it with courage and fortitude (lol!!!)





Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, stormy sky, salty ocean, pumice and black soot applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Imagination Crafts "BINGO" stencil and stormy sky ink applied using the same blending tool
  • Kaisercraft "triangles" image stamped using salty ocean ink
  • Paper Artsy image and sentiment stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Spray and Shine applied to seal

I also totted up the number of Christmas cards I've made so far this year and found a staggering 62 in my collection so I'm feeling smugly self righteous here .... you would think I'd be able to take a day off wouldn't you? That would appear to be a no then ..... thought I'd try a stencilled card - after all, what could be quicker or simpler? Of course the answer to that is ... several things COULD be quicker and simpler but ... I so wanted to try this - not my best card ever but I do so love this colour combination... 63 it is then! And another Rudolph Day card at that, as it's in non traditional Christmas colours AND features trees!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Imagination Crafts tree stencil
  • Kaleidacolour "pastel" palette and Color Box stylus blending tool used to apply the purple and pink combination
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
And I finished week #3 of Clare's Summer School (link below the photos) yesterday too:-
 
FRONT - the pic is of me ... NOT overthinking it with the pensive pose!! lol

BACK
 
 
Materials used:
  • Scrap envelope, journaling inside, sealed and gesso'd shut - no-one's reading MY message!
  • Gesso - two coats, applied with a foam "brush"
  • Dutchdoobadoo stencil "dots" and Imagination Craft stencil "wall" and "grunge letters"
  • Kaleidacolour "pastel" palette - Color Box stylus and foam blending head
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image, Dylusions "flower head" stamped using Versamark ink, black embossing powder and a heat gun
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen "F" thickness used to doodle
  • Sentiment and photo printed using my computer and laser printer
  • Imagination Crafts "Diamond" sparkle medium, applied with fingers, to give texture and twinkle!!
 
Bring on week FOUR - I'm enjoying this as, mostly, these are projects I probably wouldn't make time to do without being guided in that direction so, thanks a bunch Clare
 
See her summer school workshop "Me Time Messages" here
 
 
 
 
Have a great Monday

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

My christmas card collection is extremely low...perhaps now the weather is cooling I may get some made.

Lesley Thomas said...

Not keen on the General Failure - I don't think any of my friends would appreciate that. Kathy, was it you who told us about Hero arts comp. white on white? I entered one, and can't find out where to look for results

Debs M said...

great makes - loving the colours on the christmas trees x

catherine said...

You have been busy Kathy and fabulous pieces. Love the images on your first one and you do deserve a day of from xmas cards as you are so organised with yours now!!

Love your MTM project for week 3
x catherine

Kathyk said...

Not me, Lesley - sorry I can't help you

Kathyk