Monday, 14 July 2014

Happy Monday

Morning all and welcome to the start of another sticky week - well, it's certainly STICKY here and hardly even 08:00 so goodness knows what it will be like later!
 
Since I gave up work I no longer have the Boomtown Rats issues with Mondays ... too young to remember?  See it here. Anyhoo, the biggest problem I face today is .... how to get Dylusions spray off my fingers - check me out ....... and yes, I HAVE tried swarfega!

OH DEAR!!!
But more of the cause of that later ..... this is a rather photo heavy post so pull up a chair, grab a coffee and get stuck in!

What a lovely surprise I had on Sunday morning, there I was, blog hopping to lose myself some time waiting for gesso to dry .... I looked at the list of my followed blogs and my name appeared!!! Woo Hoo ... I won the "First Birthday present" over at Challenges for Days - a site that's a useful tool outlining all the challenges on the days and weeks they appear ... you could so become addicted! Anyhoo, thanks for picking me, peeps, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and here's to your second year!
 
I'm also working on the Me Time Messages on-line workshop, run by Clare and you can see her fab vids by following the link. My message holder (lesson One) can be seen in previous posts and here's how the first message took shape - technically lesson Two!
 
Materials gathered, ready to roll
We were asked to write three words which summarise what we like about ourselves,
and three words about what we don't! Hence FOR and AGAINST

I picked one of my FOR words and our lesson suggested we journal on a piece
of card, to fit inside our envelope

My journalled words are now sealed within my envelope and masking
tape applied round the envelope, two coats of gesso have now also been applied
Tell you what! No-one (but no-one) is ever going to see what I wrote!

I "striped" two Fresco paints, orchid and pansy - this is side on from the actual finished project
not that I suppose it matters too much but ..... thought you should know

I then sprayed Dylusions crushed grape and Cosmic Shimmer angel mist (with mica)
drying with my heat gun so I didn't have to wait too long to do the next step

With modelling paste, Dylusions crushed grape, glamour dust and a spatula
I produced the freehand dimensional pattern above and then ......

Same again but this time through a TCW stencil - and set aside to dry -
hence the distress paint - the perfect size to keep my envelope
propped up whilst drying!

Adding stamps by: Clear Impressions, Creative Expressions and Close to my Heart
I THINK this is probably the front!

Which makes this the BACK!
 
Curious to know what this is all about? Then why not putter off to Clare's blog and see her videos, it's a FREE mixed media workshop and don't forget to pop back and see how my Me Time Messages progress over the school holidays


 

Anyway, hubby did his back in yesterday so will be having a quiet day at home .. me? well, I'll be out to coffee with a friend ... possibly by the time you read this!

Have a fab Monday, everyone


5 comments:

catherine said...

Looking super Kathy and gorgeous colours.
x catherine

scrappyjacky said...

I can see how you got so inky....a great result though...and at least it's your favourite colour!!

SARN said...

Looks like heaps of fun Kathy.

What about trying Stazon Cleaner on your hands????

Happy Coffee Drinking.

Commiserations for the hubby with the bad back.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great make Kathy - sorry to hear about the back trouble! x

MaryH said...

Kathy, Firstly, thanks for the sweet anniversary wishes. Then, I admired your colored fingers (I try to remember to use the cheapie latex gloves purchased at the Dollar store). I've used various things to remove Dylusions ink stains over time. Even rubbing alcohol. Loved what you've done with this project. The colors go together so pretty, love that ombre effect. Your embossing paste technique is very well done too. I tried some of that with a stencil over the wkend and smudged it as I lifted the stencil. Grrrr. Yours looks great. Thanks for the video links. Will try to check them out when I get comments caught up again! TFS & Hugs. I can see you're having lots of fun with the sprays. Good for you. Also, congrats on your win too.