Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Happy Tuesday

Morning readers,

I'm getting to be almost a daily blogger again - it's been a while but - I have a couple of makes to share .... and an update.

You may have recently read that the youngest member of our "surrogate" family has been suffering with chicken pox, the good news is that little Zac appears to be getting a little better - huzzah!

I would also like to welcome to my 200th follower, CHOC312002, I couldn't find a blog link for you but if you'd like a shout out then let me have your link
 
Today's craft makes consist of a card for a challenge and an ATC - with apologies to Lesley who (I know) doesn't care for the image I used on the ATC .....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: tea dye, vintage photo, pumice, black soot - applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using the pumice ink
  • Paper Artsy image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Encore gold ink
  • Spray and shine applied to seal
 
And now for the card:-




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square panel of white 200gsm card - for image layer
  • 14cm square panel of black card - for matting
  • Kaisercraft tiny dots image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Kaisercraft grid image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisercraft bubble wrap image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Sunshine Designs ear of wheat stamped twice using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Spray and Shine applied, to seal the design
And here's a close up which, I hope, will show the different background stamps a little better too ...







As usual, my design was carried across the inside of the envelope and to both the front and back of the envelope. I'll be entering this card for the last challenge of 2014 over at CAS-ual Fridays where the challenge is:- TIC TAC TOE, where you take three elements from a line in any direction ... I think you will have quickly worked out that I went with the Black, White and Grey line and created one of those cards we crafters hate to make but have to make - my second in only a week but at least it will mean I'll have a choice when the time comes to mail one




I'll also be entering it over at That Craft Place, where the current challenge is:- "Anything Goes".

I also made a couple of other things but, if I were to share those right now then I might have to kill you!!! They're for challenges I'll be setting in the near future and it would spoil the surprise to share just yet!  - but, don't worry, you won't have very long to wait! One even sees me using a digi image and I almost NEVER do that!

Have a great Tuesday



7 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun,what super makes I adore,the atc,love that gentlemen and the card hun its,perfection just love the soft subtle background against,the wheat just brilliant,hugs Cherylxx

oh bless you too for playing at TCP this week to hun,hugs Cherylxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey. So glad to hear Zac is fighting off the evil germies and seems to be on the mend.

Love your atc. The blue works so well with the kraft doesn't it and I love the little bit of sparkle too...FAB!

Lovely card. That wheat sheaf image is a real winner isn't it. Works ever time. I never tire of it.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

I really like that image....great ATC.

SARN said...

YAY for Zac . . . chicken pox ain't for sissies . . . it's no fun AT ALL so I'm glad he's feeling better!

Love your inky makes here today - spesh the wheat one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Well don Zac, it's horrible having chicken pox, my children gave it to me, and no walk in the park at all.

Sorry, Kathy, I don't mind the man, it's the General Failure that I wouldn't want to send to anyone, perhaps it's just me - don't take it personally.

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab ATC and card kathy.

MaryH said...

YOu are channeling Tim Holtz with this ATC. I like the vintage look of the old guy and think it's nifty. I'm really liking the B&W card too, a great design the way you used the background stamping, then did the floral overstamping. Very effective & graphic. Congrats on hitting that 200 mark, and as I'm visiting tonight, I see 201! Well done! TFS & Hugs.