Sunday, 27 July 2014

Lazy Sunday

Wotcher peeps

Morning all, was it me or was it hot again yesterday? I had thought that the storms circulating all around us might have "laid the dust" and cooled it down a little but .... that was a resounding Noooooooooooooooo then! We DID wake up early this morning feeling COOLER (HUZZAH!) but it's an illusion - same temperature as yesterday -must be the cooling breeze then. Whatever the cause, I'm grateful, I don't really flourish in the heat and have been feeling more akin to the proverbial wilted lettuce for a little while now - being up early I plan on making the most of this - breakfast in the garden?

We were supposed to be heading off to "the surrogates" yesterday, for a BBQ - unfortunately, the littlest surrogate (Zac) has come down with chicken pox and, as hubby's not had this, we thought it best not to risk it - feel better soon little guy.

Most of you know (by now) that I swap ATC materials with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and I usually share the materials and my finished projects with you ....... I recently took delivery of my latest challenge materials and this time I remembered to photograph the incoming ATC that she made using the last batch of materials that I sent her. Whilst similar I think you will agree that they still both manage to look quite different because of the colours, scroll down to see what I received and then scroll down again to see what I made with them!



The ATC I made - you will have seen this previously in another post though
Here's what my swap buddy returned to me - made with my duplicate materials
And what has she sent me this time?


A sentiment stamped on what looks like a fancy paper bag and a die cut fob watch case
  
Hmm - had me stumped when I first saw them, I can tell you. Still, with an almost ATC sized sentiment there wasn't really a lot of room to "faff" about so this one came out fairly straightforward.




Additional materials:
  • ATC blank
  • Craft Stamper free fob watch image stamped on to white card using Versafine majestic blue ink before cutting out and mounting inside the die cut fob watch case - a virtually perfect fit!! SPOOKY!
  • Around the edges I sponged the blue from my Kaleidacolour "pastel" set of dye inks, using a mini blender from Tim Holtz - I then used the same ink to sponge the clock face and also sponged through the Dutchdoobadoo "burlap" stencil finally edging the ATC with Distress Ink in black soot using the same mini blender

All I have to do now is to make an ATC using suitably fiendish materials to duplicate and send back to Pam! so, do you want to see what I'm sending her?




And now, I presume, you would like to see what I turned my copy of these materials in to?




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card slightly larger than ATC size which I then cut to fit
  • Imagination Crafts grunge stencil through which I applied two colours from the Kaleidacolour "pastel" palette using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool - I also used the ink blot section of this stencil.
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Clearly Inspired "coneflower" image (apologies to Sarn for using this image YET again!) stamped twice using Versafine Imperial purple ink - sorry Pam but you are going to have to cut your coneflowers out to use them!
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Spray and Shine - to seal the inks and prevent them running should they get caught up in rain in transit!

Having used a couple of snippets of card I plan to enter this for Di's snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. I can also enter this for the "ANYTHING GOES" challenge over at the Crafters Cafe

Now here's a thing, and I know you've probably all done it - you see something on someone's blog that strikes a creative chord with you. I'm not ashamed to say that I WANTED to plagiarise this fab card by the talented Deepti (see her blog here) .... want to see what it was that got me all excited? Deepti explains that she has recently received this stamplorations set, one of the perks of being on Shery's Design Team - experiencing D.T. ENVY here!!!
 
 
Isn't Deepti's make great?
 
So, what did I make using Deepti's idea? Well, I had the exact same set of stamps that Deepti used so ..... I chose to make another entry for my Rudolph Day challenge which was "to feature NON traditional Christmas colours AND trees" - yep! Got it! Thanks, Deepti - another Christmas card to add to my collection!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Stamplorations Christmas tree image stamped once with Versamark embossing ink and then sprinkled with WOW violet ink and heat embossed and the numerous times (stamping twice before re-inking) with Versafine Imperial purple
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versafine onyx black ink before matting on to another snippet of white card, coloured using Distress Ink in shaded lilac

And here's a peek at the inside and the envelope


 
I just WONDER if I'm cheeky enough to enter this for the "Stamps and Glitter" challenge over at Stamplorations? Well, it DOES use stamps AND glitter but it was a design shamelessly lifted from one of their own Design Team - what do you think ... should I dare? Whether I dare or not, I SHALL also be entering this over at Completely Christmas and Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra. (where I'm entry number THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY EIGHT!!!)

I think that's more than enough from me today so, have a fab Sunday - catch you later in the week - have a good one; hope you're all managing to stay cool in this heat!

9 comments:

Debs M said...

Wow you have been busy - well done on the atc sized sentiment - it looks great. Fiendish indeed but yours look fab and I love the trees on the crimble card! x

SARN said...

Hee hee - LOVE your CASEd festive make there Kathy.

Also like the ATC swaps you've made.

FEELS a bit cooler here like you say . . . but thermometer says it's just as hot.

Sitting here waiting for my dye to it's thing to my grey roots!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...

What a great selection of cards, Kathy!

Louise Wright said...

Some really impressive ATCs.
I have really fallen for Stamplorations, their stamps and the blog (I only knew about it from you). Great isn't it? Fab take on Deepi's Christmas tree card (I will get on with a Rudolph challenge card soon...).
Thanks for the advice about the heat embossing.
Hoping next week isn't so hot. It got a bit too much in the office last week. I was very ratty (oops!)

Di said...

Oh wow Kathy, I do so love those coneflowers - and in your signature colour too :) Where you standing tapping at the gate waiting for it to creak open then? :)

Hugs, Di xx

Deepti said...

Oh my God !! Kathy I am so honored that you cased my card, and I am laughing like crazy reading about ur plagiarism... this term is not applicable in our creative field, all we do is get inspired :)
I love ur card with ur signature purple on the trees. Thank you so much for casing me and writing all the good things about me :)

Sue Bridesmith said...

Gorgeous design love it...thank you for sharing it with us over at the Completely Christmas Challenge Challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B ( Owner )
Xx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 22 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are all great, Thank You for playing on Crafty Hazelnuts Extra Christmas Challenge this month, Love Hazel (Didos) Guest DT xx