Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Morning and welcome to Tuesday

Morning peeps,
 
Playing catch up on my challenges because of my absence over the weekend!

I have to say that, following a manically busy and super fun weekend, I did find my energy levels depleted yesterday; I slept like a LOG Sunday night and took it easy yesterday despite knowing I needed to crack on and make "schtuff". I made one card (an overdue thank you for a friend) and it fits three challenges - whoop whoop!
 
Over on the Craftbubble2½ forum group Craft Mad and Loving It (forum registration required to enter) there's a new monthly challenge, set by Suzi, and her theme is mostly white and more than one layer - easy peasy I thought, might even be able to combine with another challenge so, off I went and this is what I came up with; it IS mostly white and has four layers ....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • Handmade paper - Purple glitter for large panel matting
  • Embossed 300gsm white card
  • Clearly Inspired coneflower stamped on to a snippet of white card  using Versamark ink and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle purple glitter, before heat embossing and then die cutting in to a circle.
  • Snippet of purple glitter card die cut in to a circle for matting my image panel
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Versafine Imperial purple ink
 
Having used the purple glitter and white snippets I plan on entering this over at Di's challenge. I found my inspiration for this make from the new challenge over at Stamplorations where their current Bi-monthly challenge is a sketch and their monthly challenge is "stamps and glitter" (two entries huh? - neat!) :-
 
 
Of course, I still have a CAS make for the Simply Less Is More challenge where the theme is: "EARTH TONES" - watch this space!
 
Have a fab Tuesday everyone, see you tomorrow for a peek at my work desk!
 

16 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

A fabulous card. I love that image. Lx

What's shite about the snippets? I can only assume this is a typo!? Just thought I'd ask...

Kathyk said...

Thanks so much for that Lauren - wouldn't be quite so bad but ... the spill chucker plainly recognised it as a valid word - despite (plainly) not being the RIGHT word!!!!

Made me chuckle too but I simply HAD to change it!

Kathy

Di said...

Morning Kathy!

LOVE this card, so elegant. You sure cracked that sketch! And now I just have to have the cone flower stamp.

Oh I did giggle about spell checker - sometimes when snippets get out of hand that original word might well have been very apt!

And, I memorised your blog piccie and did keep peering at folk on Sunday - was looking for a crowd of three or four laughing ladies with you leading the way. No luck though.

Have a good day!

Hugs, Di xx

SARN said...

Laughing at Lauren's comment and your subsequent one about the spill chucker!

GREAT card and will you PLEASE STOP using that cone flower . . . I have cone flower envy!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Oh darn...looks like I missed all the funny part...spell checker is a hoot a times!

Lovely card...the glimmery paper behind your image makes it just pop!

scrappymo! said...

Oh darn...looks like I missed all the funny part...spell checker is a hoot a times!

Lovely card...the glimmery paper behind your image makes it just pop!

maria f. said...

What a way to spotlight that lovely flower! Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at STAMPlorations and you could hook up to our monthly challenge too (stamps and glitter!)

scrappyjacky said...

That card fits so perfectly with the sketch.
I don't usually have trouble with the computer spell checker as I always look at what I've written....texts are another matter entirely!!!!

Debs M said...

loving the purple and glitz!! x

Cornelia W said...

Wonderful card - that glittery spotlight for the beautiful daisy is awesome! Great to see you playing again with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Kathy, woow that flower and the glitter and in purple I loooveee his...I knoew the sentiment is Hero Arts stamp right....because I have that one...(SMILE) nice NG in white and so simple...beautifully done dear Kathy..

Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations,
hugs,
Monika
GDT at STAMPlorations

Katie Berberich said...

I love the sleekness and the glitter cardstock is ace. Who'd have thought 4 layers could look so discreet. That's a talent on its own!
Good luck with the challenge.
Katie

Kylie said...

I love this, Kathy! Beautiful way to let that flower shine and the glitter is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, the coneflower is perfectly highlighted! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations :)

monikaskinner said...

Great CAS card. Love the colours and glittery background, what a good way of combining both challenges. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

Shery said...

How can anyone not love the purple in this super CAS card? This is awesome, Kathy :o)