Saturday, 12 July 2014

Saturday and a new challenge and another challenge of sorts ....

Morning,

A fabulously sunny day already - and it's only just after 08:00 - looks like BBQ weather to me but who can eat BBQ for brekkie?!?!?

It's time for a new challenge over at Simply Less Is More and it's time for the DREADED One Layer Card .... an interesting challenge this morning but ..... an idea popped in to my head and off I went. This mornings card was super easy, super CAS and super fun to make - hence me being able to post it so soon after the challenge was launched at 08:00, luckily, the rest of the post had been composed last night before heading to bed! You ready for my "Adapt a FINGERPRINT" card? I use my thumb and little finger for this project and they are both still inky so it will be off to the shower for me in a mo!



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado heart and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Inks in picked raspberry and festive berry applied with my thumb and little finger
  • Stardust stickles to highlight

And here's a closeup so you can see the whorls (is that what the ridges are called or did I just make that up?)




I am LOVING the randomness of this technique and will file it away to use again - thanks to the talented peeps over at LIM, looking forward to seeing what the other faithful LIMettes come up with too.

Not much crafting took place yesterday and there were two reasons for that: 1) I was out with my neighbour, looking for curtain material and 2) Clare's new challenge "Summer School" required some prep work so it didn't look like I got much done!
 
It's week one of Clare's "summer school" project which she's entitled "Me Time Messages", it's a mixed media project designed to take you through the summer holidays .... a little bit of creative fun. Last year we all got to make mini projects using cotton reels and glass slides etc. Interested? Or just plain old CURIOUS? Check out her blog here and see if you think you might like to join in ... it's FREE
 
This week has us making the Me Time Message holder and she recommended a sturdy envelope .... hmm! What an odd coincidence life threw up ..... last week one of the crafters at our tarmac weekend brought along some sturdy envelopes she no longer needed!! PERFECT ..... I know Debs signed up for this workshop too so I hope she kept at least one for herself!! And, THANKS, Debs! - you psychic?

So, layers one and two consist of gesso and masking tape ....

 

For my next layer it will be out with the acrylic paint - right now I'm thinking Iridescent cerise pink paint (luna lights) mixed with white - sounds LOUD but, we'll see

 
Clare's Summer School ..... it's FREE, and bound to be a bit of creative fun!
 
 
Happy Saturday

20 comments:

Anne said...

Blimey Kathy that was quick! Really fun card and whorls on your hearts look super!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well done Kathy ... quick off the mark and stunning hearts prints.
Thanks so much for sharing and joining the fun
Sarah xx
Less is more

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. Love your clever heart print card and SO looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Clare's fabulous Me Time Messages project. Lx

SARN said...

Hope you've never done any crime Kathy . . . the Rozzers'll be all over that card for your dabs! LOL!

All joking aside . . #
. looks like a fun technique.

xxx

Neets B said...

This is great Kathy, I love the randomness of the fingerprinting too, it has a great effect. So quick today! x

Linby said...

Now isn't that just a great take on the challenge - why make it complicated! Fab card.
Yeah I do now have 2 more xmas cards!
Linbyx

Jane said...

Such a pretty card. I'm loving the random element of this technique too and like you will be filing it away to use again.

Gerrina said...

A lovely and fun and totally CAS quick-card! That's almost unbelieveble as quick as you where! Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Lesley Thomas said...

LOVE the first card Kathy, - very cute!

Eve said...

Hi Kathy - brilliant card and fabulous idea.
xx

Jen said...

what fabulous idea
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Jan Ltc said...

Great makes and well done on being 1st xx Jan

Chrissie said...

Many congrats in being first Kathy... with such a fab fun card too. It's a funny thought that there will heaps of people around the world this week with strangely coloured finger tips... mine didn't come clean that readily I must say!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Michelle De Rooy said...

I love it - I think your all hearts!

Gay Peplow said...

Woah well done first off the block!!! Wonderful card Kathi, loving your hearts card, I can see all the ridges on your fingerprints they are making some interesting texture to the hearts, you are steaming hot today :D Gay x

Sylvie said...

I love your fingerprint heart card... and what a lovely blog you have :) Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog too. Hug Sylvie x

Debs M said...

Loving the fingerprint card - great idea!! Just lucky with the sturdy envelopes Kathy! x

cotnob said...

I love your fingerprint heart card, such a fabulous idea.
Pauline
x

Ellen said...

This is adorable! Love the fingerprint hearts :D

Sid said...

Kathy, this is a fab hearty card !!