Saturday, 26 July 2014

Saturday morning - it's the WEEKEND

Morning all,
 
It's challenge day today and there are some doozies about - if you want to see the challenges I like to enter (when time allows) then check out the side bar on the right of this blog.

Over at Simply Less Is More the brief for week #182 (and Chrissie's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chrissie!) is: "ANYTHING GOES" ... now I found this trickier than a specific theme because, well, frankly, the World is my "lobster" and I had to first rule out what I DIDN'T want to use!! No mean feat when standing in front of the stash drawer .... did I want to do Christmas/birthday/get well/good luck/anniversary .... did I want to do masculine/feminine/youngster - see where I'm going with this? I'm not an indecisive person but, give a girl too many choices and ..... watch the fall out!!! (ask my pal, Wynneth!!!)
 



And the envelope?
 
 

Materials used:
 
 
 
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card (x2) and black card
  • Clearly Inspired rose image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dutchdoobadoo stencil and Distress Ink shaded lilac sponged through, using a mini blender from Tim Holtz and a foam pad
  • On the second snippet of white card I coloured the border with the shaded lilac before I sponged through the stencil for a darker, almost negative feel
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink (felt the versafine would be too juicy for such a fine font)
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
I'm also going to be entering this over at Addicted to Stamps and More as they've a photo inspiration that was right up my street - being purple and having flowers - if you see what I mean!!


More crafting to share with you, sometimes, when I have no challenges to enter but feel like crafting (just for fun) I like to do "mail art". Now, I know that some people like to paint/ink the entire envelope but I'm not sure Royal Mail like that!!! Still, an envelope that's been hand decorated has to make you more interested in seeing the contents - doesn't it? Someone called it HAPPY MAIL - not sure who coined that phrase but .... YEAH!
 
The card laid across the envelopes is just to obscure the recipients addresses
and has no artistic bearing on the project but ... you knew that, didn't you?
 
Materials used:
  • Two DL envelopes
  • Distress Inks: Picked raspberry and salted ocean - one swiped top to bottom and the other bottom to top
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Hero Arts "scribble circle" stamped using the picked raspberry
  • Inkadinkado "circle design" stamped using Versafine imperial blue ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Encore gold ink
 
I've also started week 3 of the Me Time Messages project at Clare's SUMMER SCHOOL



Materials used:
  • Kraft envelope
  • Gesso (two coats each side) applied with a foam pad
  • Stencils (from my recent foray to Dandiecrafts) by Dutchdoobadoo and Imagination Crafts
  • Kaleidacolour "spectrum" pad, applied through the stencils using a Color Box stylus tool and foam blending pad


Join us here


Happy Saturday

22 comments:

Craftyrose said...

.....and didn't she do well? It's a stunning card! xx

Sue - said...

Well you might have been indecisive but your final choice resulted in a super card!

SARN said...

HAPPY MAIL is anything nice in the post as far as I'm concerned!

Love your sweet rose birthday card and I like that background A LOT!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Margaret said...

Fabulous CAS card Kathy
Margaret x

Sid said...

Lovely card and envelope Kathy !!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulissimo! Love your gorgeous Clean and Simple card. Congratulations on making the right choice. Loving your stencilled background too.

Tremendous mail-art and I'm already looking forward to seeing your completed project for Clare's wonderful Me Time Messages.

Sunshine again today for us so I'm off to the garden to soak some of it up :oD

Lx

Debs M said...

great card and that happy mail is fabby! love the colours and the stamps are great! x

Jan Ltc said...

Love this it looks gorgeous with the envelope to match xx Jan

Di said...

Wow Kathy - didn't you do well! Fabby card - you're always so quick off the mark with LIM. HOW do you do that!?

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Hugs, Di xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card.
p.s. I did do a 'pirate post'!

Gerrina said...

Love the rosecard and enveloppe! Had to smile; did the same thingl what do I don;t want to use/make and the got started!
Your other ebveloppe looks great to and I think you'll have much fun with the classes! Have an inky weekend, Gerrina

Neets B said...

Fabulous card and envelope and I love that stencilled background. Thanks for joining in with our photo challenge at ATSM, Anita x

Scrapmate said...

Such a pretty card and the envelope is gorgeous.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely card and thanks for your comment on my blog.....thanks also for pointing me back to Less is More...haven't been there for a long time. Best Wishes

Hello From Texas said...

Great card Kathy, I like how you added the stickles to highlight the flower. I have no doubt it looks even loviler in real life.

Your happy envelopes are great as well. Bright colors always make for happiness.

~carole

Darnell J Knauss said...

Always fun to catch up with you, Kathy! You are an easy read and your works of art are always easy on the eyes! You inspire me with your envelope art, making happy mail, indeed! And your LIM card? For someone who wanted boundaries, you reined yourself into creating a gorgeous birthday design!! Enjoy your Sunday! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, I like the stencilling
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

Greetings from Spain!
This is gorgeous Kathy, great design!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Deepti said...

I love the burlap stenciling u did with the silhouette flower :)Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card and I love your envelope too, Kathy! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

cm said...

Your initial indecisiveness (I hear you!) lead you to create a most stunning card with the lovely purple flower and pretty stenciled background! Eye-catching! Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!
~c

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning cards Kathy and I particularly love the LIM one. A beautiful colour scheme and so elegant.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More