Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Second Post Wednesday

Hello everyone
 
Honestly, two posts in one day, whatever next? Am I spoiling you or what?!?!?!? I woke up this morning with a Christmas card kind of in my head - apparently it was a pretty brilliant idea too as with just the "smidgiest" adjustment it easily fits FIVE challenges. Now, answer honestly, how often does that happen???? I had to double check the rules to make sure that one of them wasn't the "dreaded" One Layer Challenge as that might just have scuppered my seemingly perfect plan - check out what I came up with and then go back to enjoying your day. Oh, and if you missed my earlier post and two CAS cards then please follow the link  here and you will be taken (as if by magic) straight to it!, I should hate you to miss out on the fab Acid Drops and Whatnots images I used on one of them .... anyhoo, no more prevaricating, here's my five in one card!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14½cm square Kraft panel
  • 13cm white card panel
  • Die cut plain and scallop edged circles in earth tones of earthy red and kraft plus white
  • Penny Black "twelve days of Christmas!, day Two image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to highlight
  • Stardust stickles for the "fur" elements
 
Here's a close up of the image:-

Isn't it just the "tweetest"?

And, of course, as is rapidly becoming my signature look .... I carried my design through to the inside of the card and to the front and back of the envelope.
 
 
 
 
I will be entering this card over at Simply Less Is More where the challenge is:
 
Earth Tones.
 
And also in the ABC of Christmas challenge which, this time round is: "NUMBERS", and the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge which is "HOLIDAY", Create a card in non traditional colours over at Christmas Cards All Year Round (there IS a little traditional red for hat and wool but I hope the rest will make up for it) and finally the "KRAFT" challenge over at Christmas at SweetStamping. I can't enter any more (even if I found more) as there's a limit of 5 challenges to the LIM challenge.
 
And, woo hoo! it IS another card towards my (thankfully) growing stack of Christmas cards for 2014.

Have a fab Wednesday peeps

28 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Steady on Your Purpleness. You'll spontaneously combust if you're not careful. You are most definitely in the crafty zone of lurve today and firing on all cylinders.

I'm loving this card and that's not completely unrelated to the fact it's got a gorgeous knitting chickie on it. Right up my street that is and I have a feeling Sarn will be feeling the love too.

Lx

catherine said...

Fabulous card Kathy and great idea to match with inside and envelope too
x catherine

SARN said...

Ha ha ha . . . chuckling at Lauren's comment! Be careful now!

Fun Christmas card there mate!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Brilliant Kathy - perfect for the LIM challenge, which has me stumped this week! I've also got that lovely PB stamp set - as yet unopened, shame on me. You gonna use all the others now? :) Hey, that's a thought - 12 cards in similar design would really pad out the box!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Sooooo funny Kathy, would you believe the cleverness of the PB sentiment 'Two turtle doves' only JUST hit me!! I have to get that set out to peek closer now!

xx

sandie said...

Isn't it great when you get one card that is suitable for so many challenges!! And this is such a cute Xmas card and it am loving the sparkle! Thanks for joining is at ATSM

Sid said...

Beautiful imagery !!

Jan Ltc said...

This is great! Thanks for joining us at LIM xx Jan LIm GDT

Debs M said...

Great card Kathy - love those stamps x

Rahmat said...

Kathyk, your card is an absolute beauty, I like that you have matched up the inside and the envelope too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Lilian said...

Kathy. Love the image it is so sweet.
Great card .
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

LOL, you sneaked in another one when I wasn't looking! Cute image, once I worked out what it was. Hope you win one of those challenges with it.

Kathyk said...

YAY Lesley, that's why I put the close up as I thought it might be tricky to work it out without!!!

Thanks for stopping by

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic card Kathy and so envious of you organised people creating Christmas cards early. I'll be regretting not jumping on that wagon soon!
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Jen said...

very cute!
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card, Kathy...Love the sweet image! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

cheryl said...

Oh this is so cute such a great image with super design hun hugs cheryl xx

Hettie said...

Snap! I have that set AND the HA set. I was only thinking the other day I will have to stamp some more of these up for this year. Love the design layout. I may have to just CASE that! So long as you don't mind!
Hugs
xx

Chrissie said...

This is fab Kathy. You are SO sensible making a start on Christmas cards, I always finish up with a mad rush come December!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cornelia W said...

Beautiful Christmas card - I have the same stamp set - you are inspiring me to use it! Great to see you playing with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

serendipity said...

love the card and as the turtle is clearly transport so there's another challenge it ticks off.
jx

Katie Berberich said...

Well I never, it was just meant to be wasn't it?

Great and the perfect Christmas stack addition.

Katie x

Deborah Frings said...

Love your clean, simple Christmas card - the colours are just super. And I love the fun image. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anne said...

Cute card Kathy! I had to drop by and see that fab Acid Drops card, also love the PB image on the second card
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Tracey T said...

What a sweet card - the image is super-cute. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Zw@@n said...

Fab card, Kathy. That image is so cute and funny, it makes me smile.
Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Michelle B. said...

Oh my, this is tooo cute! I love CAS cards and you've rocked it and our Number challenge! So glad you joined us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Helen said...

So cute! Love that set of stamps!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x