Sunday, 13 July 2014

Sunday funday

Hi there

Is it me? Or was there really nothing on the TV last night? I guess the footie's over(ish), Wimbledon's over but none of the new series have kicked off ... just a bunch of dull movies and repeats .... honestly, if it wasn't for the weather, I'd SWEAR it was Christmas! Speaking of which .....
 
Over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge she's on challenge #185 and has chosen the theme of "GLAM IT UP" - doesn't sound too hard, a scrummy image and maybe some (or a LOT) of glitter .... Simply Create Too and Sweet Stamping's present challenges are both "Christmas in July" so maybe three birds, one stone! AND, since I used snippets I can enter this for Di's "Snippets challenge" over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop today too - I think four challenges from one card is probably quite enough - don't you?
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square red card panel
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Snippets of card in white, red and two shades of green for my image panel, along with a snippet of DCWV glitter card
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle tall snowman stamped on to my white snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Gold ribbon
  • Alcohol markers to tint image
  • Stardust stickles to "glam up" my snowman
  • Six faux crystal gemstones in two sizes
  • Two iridescent snowflakes from Michaels

And there you have my GLAMMED UP snowie card .... here is a quick peek at the inside of the card and the envelope too both featuring that fabbylicious tall snowman, part of a set of gorgeous Christmas images . . . . .



The set with this fabbbbbbb snowman? Check it out and I think you will see what I mean ... I actually bought the set for the crows .... my regular readers will recall how we often get wakened by up to about 200 of the pesky things - that said, I still LOVE this line of Santa crows!, how about you?


See Sparkle 'n Sprinkle here


And I've been working on Clare's free on-line Workshop entitled "Me time messages" and this is how the message holder looks, I'm ready to move on to the next bit which is a message to put inside but, I think, that may be a project for another day ......



Materials assembled? Check, First layers done? Check - best we crack on then!



Front of my ME TIME MESSAGE HOLDER
 
Back of my ME TIME MESSAGE HOLDER

Materials used:



Materials used - details:
  • Hobbycraft white acrylic paint, mixed with Stamp Oasis luna lights (a beautiful iridescent series) mixed together and applied over my gesso'd layer using a foam paddle brush
  • Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp:
  • Dylusions circle border
  • Stampers Anonymous dots
  • Paper Artsy diagonal lines
  • Art Impressions "Art" sentiment
  • Ditzies Designs "Art is from the heart" sentiment
  • Hampton Arts "Beautiful" sentiment
  • Tim Holtz washi tape
  • Faber Castell Pitt Pen "F" thickness
  • Pen Touch white ink pen
  • Stamposaurus chevron stencil and Paper Artsy Fresco "pansy" paint dabbed through using cut 'n dry foam
 
Have a fab Sunday, what a lovely day it was yesterday? Wonder if the weather will be so kind today - it's already far duller and greyer than yesterday. Enjoy your day, whatever it is that you have planned


16 comments:

catherine said...

Apart from casualty Kathy yes I agree rubbish TV last night.
I like those images of the snowmen.
Your messages envelopes is looking great. Nice stamping on it.
x catherine

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. I LOVE those snowies and it's great to see them glammed up to the max. A top set of stamps and no mistake.

Loving how your MTM project is coming along. Looks fabulous. Have a great Sunday. Lx

SARN said...

Fun card Kathy and I am just loving your inkiness below it!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy, great Christmas card and message holder, such different styles you do and all fabulous. Happy Sunday. hugs Brenda xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab card and great message envelope too. Have a good Sunday.

Hettie said...

Loving your card there Kathy. Love those stamps. They look so fun. I think we must be sharing the crow problem!
Like your inky message envelope too.
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Oh what a fun card Kathy! LOVE your snowman and too right, that's a fab stamp set! And you nipped in early on Sunday! I heard you rattling the gate - plus you were super fast with LIM - talk about being on the ball!

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

great makes - loving the stamping on the mtm holder x

Hazel said...

Me time messages looks interesting. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 185 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

scrappymo! said...

Your tall, skinny snowman is a hit here. Totally cute and fun!
Love how you finished the envelope and the inside of the card with the same image! It looks great!

Elizabeth said...

Your tall skinny snowman card is fabulous Kathy, and suitably glammed up and glittery too. It's Wednesday and I had hoped the sport was all over and done with so TV would pep up again. But, no! Now it's the golf to be followed shortly by the Commonwealth games ... I've got nothing against sport but, sigh, does so much have to be broadcast on all channels at the same time to the exclusion of just about everything else! Tirade over ... Elizabeth xx

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, Doing some Playground visits tonight, and spotted your delightfully skinny but glamorous snowman. What a brilliant sparkly card, and gosh that is an awesome stamp set. I can see why it just leaped into your basket. You've done it proud! Loved what I'm seeing on your message card too. That looks like lots of fun inking. TFS & Hugs

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Kathy: Thank you for entering our "Christmas in July" Challenge at Simply Create Too with your beautiful & sparkly Christmas card. Also looking forward to seeing your entries in our new challenge which starts tomorrow [Friday].

Blessings,

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon x

Renate said...

Wat een leuke kerstkaart. Je glitters komen heel mooi uit op je kaart. Bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra.

Groetjes, Renate

Kathyk said...

Now I don't speak Dutch but Google translate says Renate's post says

What a nice Christmas card. You glitters are very nice on your card. Thank you for participating in CHCC Extra

Kathy