Thursday, 31 July 2014

Thursday morning and it's still sunny and sticky!

Morning,
 
Yet another post from me - that's every day this week, because you just KNOW I'm going to be back tomorrow with a Friday Funny - don't you?
 
Over at the Stamplorations blog they are currently running a sketch challenge, you don't HAVE to use their products but ... why wouldn't you if you are lucky enough to have some! - which btw, I AM!
 
 
My card

And the co-ordinating envelope and inside of the card
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Low tack tape to mask (couldn't use a post it as the card blank's just a little too big for my 4" post its!
  • Distress Inks: bundled sage and evergreen bough, applied using a Color Box stylus and foam blending head
  • Inkadinkado snowflake stamped once using Memento Paris Dusk ink
  • Walmart (yes, WALMART) smaller snowflake stamped twice (on the card but three times on the inside) using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stardust stickles - to highlight areas of the snowflake
 
And that's another Christmas card to add to my growing pile too - YAY!

If you are thinking of entering this challenge you'd best get a wiggle on as it closes tomorrow. Want to see the sketch I used?
 
Cool sketch peeps!
 
Some little while ago, a dear friend treated me to a set of stamps I had my eye on for a while, I figured it was only fair that this set saw some ink .... and not a moment too soon I reckon .... it's a fab set and I MUST use it more.




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black and orange for matting
  • Hampton Arts Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells set of cling stamps .... clock and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • After fussy cutting out the clock I used my Color Box stylus (with blending foam head) and Distress Inks in wild honey and ripe persimmon ... the latter being sponged through a stencil from Imagination Crafts
  • I then used Spray and Shine to set the inks before spraying Tsukineko Goosebumps shimmer spray randomly, to give shimmer and texture

I'm going to enter the ATC for the "Anything goes" challenges at the following blogs:- Divas by Design, Inky Impressions, Addicted to Stamps and More (2nd entry) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - wish me luck. This week, SimonSaysStamp are featuring CAS-ual Fridays and Technique Tuesday images although you don't HAVE to use them .. which is just as well since, sadly, I didn't!

Happy Thursday

13 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Your Royal Purpleness. Wow! Two SMASHING cards there. T'riffic!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, not sunny and sticky here, I have a jumper on! We are having yet another dull day - it's rather depressing at this time of year, when you know you are going to get weeks of it in the winter.

Your card goes so well with the challenge, I do hope you win. I was a runner up in the white on white I enteres, not bad for my first try.

Kathyk said...

WELL DONE on that result, Lesley - sent you a PM on CB2½ but I see you aren't on there much these days

Kathy

Virginia Lu said...

Fabulous! The textured surface is awesome! This is so creative and unique! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

cm said...

Two fabulous projects here! Your take on the STAMPlorations sketch is delightful...I'm still trying to puzzle one out, and the clock's a-ticking. Your ATC: WOW! Amazing how much 'wonderful' such a little canvas can hold! Super cool! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Debs M said...

great card and you are right that stamp set looks great - fab atc! x

Cornelia W said...

So pretty and elegant! Love that you also decorated the inside of your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Deepti said...

Gorgeous colors, I love the touch of sparkle on the purple :) thank you for sharing with Stamplorations :)

Wei said...

Your card is so pretty and the colors is gorgeous~Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Shery said...

Those blue snowflakes are beautiful, Kathy! They're what caught my eye. So happy to see you play at STAMPlorations!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous...thanks for playing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Lisa :) said...

I am LOVING that ATC!

Sharon said...

I love these and thank you for sharing them with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x