I'd like to welcome a new follower, a craft-y man - you are very welcome SID and I hope you will pop back from time to time. I've visited your splendid blog and am now a follower too.
Yesterday was not a terribly craft-y day ... the smell you know!!! We're having a new gas fire soon and hubby turned off the gas supply to the old one and removed it and, once we'd vacuumed up the bodies of the squillions of dead woodlice (why would so many hide in the back of the fire!?!?!?!) he set to work refurbishing the grate and preparing it for the new fire. We had decided to "fill" in any loose bits of fireproof cement and then paint the whole thing black with a heatproof paint .... and there you have the source of THE SMELL!! Blimey, strong or what? With the patio doors open we still couldn't sit in the lounge so had to abandon ship and head to another room - he to the garage me to my PC! Well, that's my excuse anyway.
What I did manage to do (between coats = fresh smell!) was to make an ATC ....many of you will recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye and her latest batch of materials landed on my mat on Monday .... wanna see?
|A length of leather (a bulky ATC item) and an image stamped on to patterned paper - not QUITE ATC size|
If I'm honest I looked at them for 24 hours wondering what I might do with them - the leather seemed awfully thick for a tiny thing like an ATC ...... but, I suppose you'll all want to see what I made them in to .... check it out below then:-
Additional Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Black and Kraft card, for matting
- Distress Inks: tea dye, aged mahogany, black soot - applied around the image panel using a splodgeaway mat, Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
- I also used the black soot (hair) and aged mahogany (suit) and a water brush to watercolour some colour detail on to the image itself
- Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Encore gold ink
- JOFY grid partially stamped numerous times using the aged mahogany ink
- Crop-a-dile used to punch two 3/8" holes and set two copper eyelets
- Do Craft Words "TOP" and "CHAP" from a masculine tag set inked using Versafine onyx black ... of course, if I'd thought to do this step BEFORE I added the leather then it might have been better but still, what is it they say? THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN ART!!! Right?
- Dimensional foam adhesive to add my image panel to my ATC blank .... with the thickness of the leather I would NEVER have achieved a smooth, flat, evenly adhered panel so I didn't even try!
- White C5 envelope, address hand printed (though I've blocked it out in the photo for reasons of privacy)
- Distress Paints in spun sugar, picked raspberry and dried marigold (two were a birthday gift - thanks, Lauren) simple dragged across the envelope being careful not to obscure the address and then set aside to dry .... didn't take long it was nice and warm yesterday!
- Using Memento inks: rosebud, tangelo, rhubarb stalk, bamboo and pear tart and Encore gold ink I stamped images randomly ....
- Images: Magenta (stalks) Visible Image (splats and blog), JOFY (grid and "boulders) and Paper Artsy (my usual gold fine splatter)
|It's not getting any tidier is it?!?!?!|
How's yours looking? Happy Wednesday ... edited at 15:15 to read, just back from lunch out with my hubby only to discover I missed a delivery that was underpaid on postage and that I now have to pay £1.73 - wonder what it is?!?!?