Well, what a scorcher of a week we've been having? It's been tricky to sleep at night and we've had the windows open and the fans going 24/7 - still sticky. I shan't be sorry when it starts to cool to temperatures more like those we're used to!!! Does that make me a bad person or is it just that I'm cranky through lack of sleep!?!?! Plus side? We've been able to BBQ most evenings and to sit outside and chat till 20:00 and beyond - how we'll be missing that in a month or so?!
A pal of mine recently sent me a stamp and (I'm ASHAMED to say) it's been sitting in my drawer since it's arrival just daring me to use it. A challenge arose this week which just cried out to me to deploy this image and I hope you will agree with me about its suitability for this one. It's a pretty big image so doesn't require much embellishment but I couldn't resist adding a little bit here and there - just hope I haven't overdone it! Over at CASonSunday their current challenge is one we cardmakers all have to make but hate to make: "Sympathy". At least this gives me an excuse to make one whilst I don't actually need one! Oh, and I just KNOW that Darnell (as well as the lovely SARN who donated the stamp) will be delighted to see my own NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!!!!) in use - thanks for the stamp, Sarn, check it out , in action below .......
|Lots of white space? - yep, it's CAS alright!|
- 12½ x 17½cm white, 300 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card panels (2) cut to 11½ x 16½cm
- Black card panels (2) cut to mat using the 1/16" perfect layering ruler and craft knife
- Distress Ink in pumice stone lightly swiped top to bottom and then bottom to top
- Kaisercraft "grid image" stamped using Memento London Fog ink
- Penny Black "brush stroke" flower in vase image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Penny Black "splatter" image stamped multiple times using Versacolour silver ink
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
|This may help you see the "grid" a little better|
And the inside and the envelope?
I was also out to brekkie on Monday with some pal's I've known since almost FOREVER!!! We met at a local eaterie and gave three different brekkie's our very best shots!
|The cinnamon French toast, with granola, pecan and nutella,|
whilst not the best looking dish of the three I CAN vouch for its yummy taste!
|Lounge eggs with a muffin and mushrooms|
|Lounge buttermilk pancakes with fruit|
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, I am HAPPY to share a before and after pic this week!
Have a fab Wednesday