Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
It's another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday and I'll share my desk with you shortly, but first ...

Welcoming Karen, my latest follower - hope you will stop back from time to time and thanks for joining me
 
Regular readers will recall that I keep in touch with a couple of pals from my early school days. We all lived within 200 yards so met when we started school and were firm friends all through our school days .... and beyond. We've now known one another around 50 years - OMG!!! Anyhoo, yesterday evening the three of us met up for a garden warming party! One of our number (and her hubby) had recently had their garden landscaped and we (the other two) had yet to see it so we headed off there, armed with bottles of bubbly!!! Their garden looks simply beautiful and they are very (VERY) pleased with the results - as they should be. We nattered over nibbles and I was acting sommelier - apparently, I'm the only one who could uncork the bubbly though, prudently, I chose to do this in the direction of an open door - just in case!!! My hubby delivered us and Naomi's daughter collected the drunks a little later!!! Thanks peeps, much appreciated.

I recently visited a new (to me) craft store near Pontypridd and was torn between a couple of stamps; picking them up and putting them back several times. I left the store without buying because of my indecision and (wouldn't you know it) as soon as I got home I made a decision!!! So, nothing for it but to head on-line and track them down, which I did - they arrived earlier in the week too, along with two other sets which "accidentally" fell in to my basket - how did THAT happen?.


I'm looking forward to using all of these but perhaps particularly the chevrons (indigoBlu) and the borders from Deep Red
 
Right, on to the crafting .... over at Addicted to Stamps and More they have unveiled their new challenge and it's: "Anything goes"! How hard can that be? Truly, I sometimes find those themes harder as it takes time to sort out what I DON'T want to use!
 

 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Post Its - to mask
  • Color Box Stylus and foam blending pad, used to apply Distress Inks in squeezed lemonade and then, through a Dustchdoobadoo stencil, mustard seed ink
  • Penny Black "Iris" image from the "allegra" set, stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Spray and shine to seal

And a peek at the inside of the card and the envelope too ...



Yellow's a bit of a colour leap for me (like green) and I don't use it (SOLO) very often but, I Have to say that I LIKE IT! I'm also going to be entering this card over at CAS(e) this Sketch -

Fab sketch peeps
 
 
And now, since it IS WOYWDW, a pic of my work desk - I know!, you will be surprised to learn that my desk is untidy. If you looked back to my desk last week you would have seen it at its tidiest in a long time. I've no doubt it will be a long time before you see it so tidy again too!!!
 

 
 
Have a great Wednesday
 
 

12 comments:

SARN said...

Oh you did a great job with the "anything goes" theme.
Love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab makes and new stamps. Glad your gardening warming went well!

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the irises Kathy, and your new texture stamps, even if you had to track them down. When I do that, it just gives me a lot of satisfaction, so well done. Your desk today looks almost tidy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely time with your pals yesterday. Just knew you all would.

Good to see you've been getting your new toys inky too. I always wonder why I don't use yellow more. I DO like it; it's just not a colour I instantly think of.

Lx

Di said...

Hi Kathy! Anything goes always fazes me - so much choice! You did a gret job! It's nice to see a 'lived in desk' too!

And how right you were in your comment on that upcycled Christmas card - it WAS a bit of a job getting the cute label off the card - in fact I managed to wreck most of the card itself whilst holding the label face down flat to prise the card itself away from it!

Have a lovely day - it's a bit cooler here so I can't put off that leering basket of ironing any longer - sigh :(

Hugs, Di xx

Rahmat said...

Nice stamps, I think we all can relate to the stamps accidently falling in your basket ;) nice stamps!! And a nice card too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

scrappyjacky said...

I do agree about 'anything goes' but you've made a great card.

sandie said...

Kathy this is a stunner! All that lovely white space and the simple flower with the sparkle are all designed so well. love it! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Cornelia W said...

Don't we all love anything goes....love the simple elegance of your card and I am looking forward seeing more of your creations with all those lovely purchases you made! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Debs M said...

great make - love the stamps, I have the kaiser craft ones! x

cheryl said...

Oh this is brilliant hun what a gorgeous cas card love it hugs cheryl xxx

Derrick George said...

You may have an untidy desk but I've seen some much worse. I think all creative minds are the same because we know where everything is. I love your design, it is so elegant and simple. Even the envelope is stunning. Wishing you plenty of luck entering it over at cas(e). Oh and wanted to tell you I'm a fan of purple myself.

Derrick George @ ZZONE 31