Friday, 1 August 2014

It's another Friday - welcome to August!

Morning readers,

July is history and August has just begun .... wonder what it has in store .... and what the blooming weather will be like!!! I do know that I shall be meeting up with crafting pal, Cherry, for a day of mixed media mayhem in the first half of it but as to the rest ..... I expect there will be much crafting too.

Talking of which, July finished with a crafting bang!! You may (or may not) have noticed that I've been out of the habit of blogging daily but have managed to share at least one crafting make with you every day this week - I've been on a creative roll and today is no different as I have both a card and an ATC to share with you ..... firstly, the card ..................
 
Over at Happy Little Stampers (registration required) there's a new sketch challenge which will remain open for the entire month of August.
 

 And here's my make for this challenge, as you will see, I've turned the sketch:-




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • PaperMania black and white paper stack
  • Black card for matting and die cutting (fancy circle)
  • Snippet of card (for image panel)
  • Fancy corner punch and corner rounder
  • Unknown "couple" stamp (I've had it so long and it's just a piece of grey rubber) stamped on to white snippet using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to another snippet of white card, cut in to a banner shape and then matted on black
  • Two black sugared brads in the top corners
 
I do love a monochromatic card every now and again!, don't you? This project was originally inspired by the Tic Tac Toe challenge over at CAS-ual Friday but, obviously, this is NOT an entry because it's pretty much NOTHING like a CAS card!!

Here comes the ATC:- ....




Materials use:
  • ATC blank (these were a bit of a flimsy batch of blanks so, in addition to my image panel I've found myself putting an extra layer of card - to give the ATC some body)
  • Black card (for the "body"!!!)
  • Snippet of white card cut very slightly smaller than the ATC .... for my image panel
  • Hero Arts cling stamp set (see below)
  • IndigoBlu chevron background image stamped using Memento dandelion
  • Various inks: Memento: dandelion, pear tart, tangelo, Bahama blue, grape jelly. Adirondack: red pepper
  • Spray and Shine applied - to seal
Home :: Stamps :: Hero Arts - Brush Strokes cling stamp set
My Hero Arts stamps


And now for the Friday Funny, this week brought to you courtesy of one of my regular commenters, LesleyT - it's a smidge risqué (you have been warned!) - ENJOY
 
 
 
The wits and wiles of the Scots
A Greek and a Scotsman were sitting in a Starbucks cafe discussing who had the superior culture.
Over triple lattes the Greek guy says, "Well we Greeks built the Parthenon" and arched his eyebrows.

The Scotsman replies, "Well ... it was the Scots that discovered the Summer and Winter Solstices."

The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics."

The Scotsman, nodding in agreement says, "Scots were the ones who built the first timepieces and calendars."

And so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "The Greeks were the ones who invented sex!"

The Scotsman replies, "Aye, that is true, but it was we Scots who introduced it to the women!"
 
A quick personal message to a non blogging pal (who follows my blog though) .... well done to you, LESLEY, on your runner up slot for your first challenge White on White - not an easy theme at the best of times. I left you a message on CB½ but I see you've not been on there since June.

Yesterday was so much cooler, the combination of no sun for most of the day and a light breeze made it so much more comfortable that I actually felt I should set an alarm to stop me sleeping all day - trying to catch up on the hours lost whilst struggling to sleep in the heat! Just colour me all ungrateful!

It's also time for week FOUR of the fabulous "Me Time Messages" summer school workshop presented by Clare - check it out here




Have a great Friday and a fab weekend, don't forget ... if you need more funnies then check out Hettie's blog here
 

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the monochromatic card.
It's still really hot here....but at least a bit cooler in the night now.

Lauren Hatwell said...

OooooOOOOoohhhhhh! I LURVE that stamp set. How scrummy! Gorgeous work you have done with it too.

Friday Funny made me laugh out loud too ;oD Thanks for that...

Very smart monochrome card to go with your sketch there. Love the image you used... Super-cool

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great stamp set Kathy, I can see that cropping up a lot on here. Love your cards too. Thanks for the nice comment, I've been so busy lately I've hardly had a minute to call my own. Last time I looked on CB2, nothing was going on so I've just lurked a bit - I haven't made any cards recently apart from the WonW which was for my DD's birthday.

Deepti said...

Love the black and gray on ur first card and contrasting colorful ATC is stunning :)

Debs M said...

2 great makes - I'm sure that stamp set will get a lot of use!! fab ff x

Hettie said...

Lovely card and ATC.
Very funny funny. Thanks for the shout out.
Have a great weekend.
xx