July is history and August has just begun .... wonder what it has in store .... and what the blooming weather will be like!!! I do know that I shall be meeting up with crafting pal, Cherry, for a day of mixed media mayhem in the first half of it but as to the rest ..... I expect there will be much crafting too.
Talking of which, July finished with a crafting bang!! You may (or may not) have noticed that I've been out of the habit of blogging daily but have managed to share at least one crafting make with you every day this week - I've been on a creative roll and today is no different as I have both a card and an ATC to share with you ..... firstly, the card ..................
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- PaperMania black and white paper stack
- Black card for matting and die cutting (fancy circle)
- Snippet of card (for image panel)
- Fancy corner punch and corner rounder
- Unknown "couple" stamp (I've had it so long and it's just a piece of grey rubber) stamped on to white snippet using Versafine onyx black ink
- Imagine That sentiment stamped on to another snippet of white card, cut in to a banner shape and then matted on black
- Two black sugared brads in the top corners
Here comes the ATC:- ....
- ATC blank (these were a bit of a flimsy batch of blanks so, in addition to my image panel I've found myself putting an extra layer of card - to give the ATC some body)
- Black card (for the "body"!!!)
- Snippet of white card cut very slightly smaller than the ATC .... for my image panel
- Hero Arts cling stamp set (see below)
- IndigoBlu chevron background image stamped using Memento dandelion
- Various inks: Memento: dandelion, pear tart, tangelo, Bahama blue, grape jelly. Adirondack: red pepper
- Spray and Shine applied - to seal
|My Hero Arts stamps|
And now for the Friday Funny, this week brought to you courtesy of one of my regular commenters, LesleyT - it's a smidge risqué (you have been warned!) - ENJOY
The Scotsman replies, "Well ... it was the Scots that discovered the Summer and Winter Solstices."
The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics."
The Scotsman, nodding in agreement says, "Scots were the ones who built the first timepieces and calendars."
And so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "The Greeks were the ones who invented sex!"
The Scotsman replies, "Aye, that is true, but it was we Scots who introduced it to the women!"
Yesterday was so much cooler, the combination of no sun for most of the day and a light breeze made it so much more comfortable that I actually felt I should set an alarm to stop me sleeping all day - trying to catch up on the hours lost whilst struggling to sleep in the heat! Just colour me all ungrateful!
It's also time for week FOUR of the fabulous "Me Time Messages" summer school workshop presented by Clare - check it out here
Have a great Friday and a fab weekend, don't forget ... if you need more funnies then check out Hettie's blog here