Sunday, 24 August 2014

Lazy Sunday - again

Mind you, when you are retired, every day's a weekend!!! Har Har - how lucky am I?

So, to the Doctor Who fans .... did you enjoy yesterdays season premier? Was it just me that was a bit confused or was I just not paying attention? Mind you - not sorry to have changed the character a little as I was never a Matt Smith fan it has to be said! He did the job brilliantly but just wasn't my cup of tea - I shall wait and see how Peter Capaldi shapes up in the coming weeks. Looking forward to the next episode already ...
 
I've an ATC to share with you again this morning - I love these little works of art - they don't (usually) take too long to make and are great swaps - I've made some fab friends swapping ATC's along the way too. I'm really rather liking this one too - and I'm pretty sure Sarn (of Stampingforpleasure) will too as she loves this coneflower image of mine!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of black card (for matting) and water colour card
  • Water Spritzer and Cosmic Shimmer mica spray in pale pink though it looks kinda gold in the light!
  • Brusho water colour crystals in: Purple, Lemon, Scarlet and Black
  • Clearly Inspired coneflower image and Penny Black sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And whoops, discovered I had enough of a snippet to make a second although I had to use another layer as my watercolour snippet wasn't QUITE big enough ....




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of yellow and orange card (for matting) and water colour card
  • Water Spritzer and Cosmic Shimmer mica spray in pale pink though it looks kinda gold in the light!
  • Brusho water colour crystals in: Purple, Lemon, Scarlet and Black
  • Penny Black image and Woodware sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Took longer to dry the watercolour inks/papers than it did to make the rest of the ATC's! I'll be entering the above multi layered ATC for Di's snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Yesterday was SUPPOSED to be the day I caught up with the ME TIME MESSAGE project but .... turned in to an ATC-fest as well - I made no less than SEVEN! Of course, you won't want to see them all in one post so I'll share them out over a couple of posts ....

I also took yesterday as an opportunity to return to summer school and start week five of Clare's marvellous mixed media project "Me Time Messages"


Photo (1)

Photo (2)
Photo (3)

Photo (4)



Materials used:
  • 4" square envelope containing my message sealed inside
  • Gesso - two coats
  • Various Hero Arts images stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink (1)
  • TCW stencil through which Gloss Gel Medium was applied using a plastic spatula (2)
  • Dylusions Inks - as photo above sprayed and allowed to dry naturally (3 & 4)
Now, as per Clare's lesson - it's time for more stamping to finish it off!
 
It's not too late to join in - see Clare's SUMMER SCHOOL here
 
Happy Sunday

14 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous backgrounds kathy.

Sue - said...

Two great ATCs. The backgrounds are great. I'm still resisting brushos but my resolve is weakening!

Kathyk said...

Sue - GO ON! You KNOW you WANT to!!!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmmmm... I'm going with "only time well tell" (boom boom!) on the Dr Who front. I think PC has promise and I WILL be tuning in again next week. I always HATE the first episode with a new Doctor. It's ALWAYS mayhem and you never really get the measure of the new incumbent. We shall see...

...and on to craft... LOVE your atc's and I can see you are really getting to grips with your brusho's. Also v impressed with your Summer School Homework which is smashing.

It's a glorious day here so I'm about to head to the garden for some sunshine and some MAJOR pruning...

Have a good one matey

Lx

Jane said...

Just loving all this purple! Why has it taken me so long to find your blog? The watercoloured backgrounds of your ATCs are divine. I'm in awe!

Lesley Thomas said...

Super ATC's Kathy, though I have yet to try anything that small. It looks as if you have had a great time playing with colour too. Carry on, it looks good.

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the backgrounds and I'm waiting for some more Brusho paints so will have to try this with them - thanks for the inspiration! Karen x

Debs M said...

Fabulous atc's and loving your mtm too! I wasn't sure what to make of the new doctor - although I didn't like Matt Smith to start but he grew on me! x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning projects Kathy, thank you for the small tut. Oh, I always find dr Who a bit confusing, but I love the the TV show anyway.


Warm hugs
Maarit

Louise Wright said...

the ATCs are great. Love the watercoloured effect backgrounds. The MTM looks like it is going to be a stunner. Love the embossing and colour added so far :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, loving your backgrounds and I'm with Sarn - that coneflower stamp is gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

LesleyG said...

Stunning projects, such zingy colours! Really enjoyed DR Who, but also get confused, hate getting into a new character though xxx

Di said...

Wow Kathy - first of all apologies for being late! And next, I adore these makes - so fresh and zingy. Who can resist Brushos eh? Wink :)

Hugs, Di xx

SARN said...

Love, love, LOVE your artwork here Kathy.

I not only LOVE the coneflower ATC . . . I WANT it!!!! Brazen I know! Fancy doing a swap???

Hugs, Sarn xxxx