Monday, 18 August 2014

Monday and the start of another week

Morning all,
 
Good weekend? Hope you had something nice to do and some nice weather to do it in!
 
As for us, we had visitors, in the form of our pals, Wynneth and Tom come to visit, with them came Wynneth's dad, the lovely Sir Andy and their dog, Tilly.
 
We shopped on Saturday whilst Tom and my hubby attended the Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition in Thornbury, meeting up for dinner at a local hostelry (see yesterdays blog post). Sunday morning and the show was still going on so hubby was back there again (as a steward) but Wynneth and Co. were heading home. Once they checked out of their hotel they nipped round for a little more light crafting (??) a cuppa and a chat and we persuaded Tom to take these - of course, it's almost ALWAYS a mistake to let him loose with a camera (especially one that isn't his ....... see the last pic)
 
Crafting Companions without flash

And again with flash!


Mr Tom takes a selfie .. but I may have had the last laugh as I'm gurning in the background!!!
 
It was so lovely to see them all and thanks, guys, for making the journey
 
Now an ATC to share with you - when I completed this project I didn't like it at all and it ever so nearly went straight in to the bin ..... a little later and I looked again, it's growing on me so I've decided to share it with you. I suspect the verdict will be very mixed but most will regard it like marmite and either love it or hate it!!!
 
 
My "marmite" ATC - do you love it or hate it?
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size (the blank itself is far too flimsy to be a stand alone ATC)
  • Post It notes - to act as a mask
  • Distress Inks (simply "swiped" across exposed card: squeezed lemonade, peacock feathers, picked raspberry and festive berries
  • Imagination Crafts "thistle" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
This will be entered for Di's "Snippets" challenge over at Pixies Crafty Workshop. The "swipe" gives a pretty BOLD colour statement ..... maybe I'll make this again but using blended colours instead of "swiped" colour and see how it changes the look of the ATC.

Have a great Monday
 

13 comments:

Sue - said...

I like the swiped colours!

SARN said...

Well, luckily I had my sunglasses on! I'm in the 'love' camp! X

Clare Lloyd said...

I love the swiped colours!

Debs M said...

hmm it's growing on me! great pics x

scrappymo! said...

Like it for sure...The swiped colours look great!

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - looks like you all had a ball and I am SO not surprised. I bet it was a "No Mascara Required" weekend. Relieved to see Mr T went without his mascara anyway ;oD

Lx

Lilian said...

I in the love it camp Kathy, Glad you all had a great weekend,
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the way your card makes a caption!

Di said...

It's a huge LOVE from me Kathy! I also happen to love Marmite, but that didn't influence me at all. Just love the bright swipes and then the black stamping - perfick!

Hugs, Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Cool colour swipes and a fun selfie! It seems you had a great day.

Warm hugs
Maarit

LesleyG said...

Love the bold swipes and that thistle....might have to try this technique! xxx

Katie Berberich said...

Awww, that's lovely. Wynneth is so much like her Dad isn't she? Tom's Selfie is a classic. Great photo bombing in the background Kathy. ;)
Hope you had a great time altogether.
Katie

Hettie said...

Bwahahahahaaa! I am with Sandra in the Love It camp!
Hugs
xx