Saturday, 30 August 2014

Morning and welcome to Saturday

Morning readers
 
Sluggish start this morning ... last night saw us at our neighbours known affectionately as "The Surrogates" - they're like family but we're not ACTUALLY related! It was time to make our Secret Santa draw, yes, we're a bit early (a BIT?!?!?!?) but there are plenty of reasons for this! Of course, I can't tell you who I drew because, well, it's a SECRET and if I told then I'd have to kill you all - a little tricky I think you'd agree! So I'll just have to keep you in suspense till the present exchange occurs around the 25th of December which, by the way, is getting closer by the day! Suffice it to say that no-one drew themselves or even their partner! YAY - re-SULT! We've had to re-draw up to three times in the past! Dinner was a delicious smorgasbord of gammon, chicken and lots of "trimmings" - we hardly had any room for dessert but .......
 
As my regular readers will know I don't much of this cooking malarkey so imagine my HORROR when it was suggested that we should take dessert! YIKES! Hubby suggested that I make about the only dessert that I DO make!!! Brown Bread Beano - some of my on-line buddy's may even have experienced this in person - it's delish! I spent HOURS making this - yeah, RIGHT!!!
 
Super yummy

 
And now back to a different sort of challenge .... of the crafting variety .... over at Simply Less Is More the new challenge is: "I do like to be beside the seaside!" so here is my effort!


 
 
Materials used:
  • Kraft C6, 300 gsm card blank and matching sized Kraft envelope
  • Snippets of card in white, black, yellow and blue
  • Crafty Individuals beach huts stamped in Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafty Individuals sentiment stamped in Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Crafty Individuals gull image stamped three times using Memento London fog ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image

This was the set of stamps used

So, do you prefer the cake or the card?

Happy Saturday peeps

24 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh I like both! x

nicky said...

Super beach hut card love the colours x

Anne said...

Fab stamp and card Kathy! Which do I prefer? Umm probably depends how much chocolate is in the cake lol...
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Lauren Hatwell said...

Having experienced the divine BBB myself I can vouch for it's lusciousness and am currently trying not to dribble on my keyboard. If you only make one dessert then make it a good one is what I say. Your BBB fits very nicely into that category so you have no worries :oD My only complaint is that I wasn't in the vicinity of said BBB with a VERY LARGE SPOON - slurp!!!

Gorgeous card. I love everything about it.

Lx

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

I like both too, wonderful

Have a lovely weekend

Kim Hall said...

Love your colourful beach huts, reminds me so much of growing up near the beach.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the beach huts - they remind me of being at the seaside in Worthing!! BTW your dessert looks delicious - any chance of the recipe?

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a great CAS card! I love the bright colours and your subtle birds in the background! Wonderful :)

Stephanie Poteet said...

I've never had Brown Bread Beano cake but as I'm a big fan of cake, I'm sure I'd love it :) Your card is awesome as usual ~ love the colors you used!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the seaside card.

Chrissie said...

I don't know what it is about beach huts... but I love images of them... these are terrific and your dessert looks pretty ace too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

loveofcollage said...

lovin the cake and the card..you have to have choc on a saturday its a rule..

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, pudding looks good too! I would so love a beach hut of my own!
Elaine

crafty-stamper said...

your dessert sounds delicious but I prefer the card love the beach huts image
carol x

Ann Tuck said...

Isn't this a great image Kathy? I used it for my card last week, for the sketch challenge, so had to think of something different for this week lol! Love the colours and layout of your card! I'm one of those rare females that doesn't really like chocolate, so will not enthuse over your dessert like others have - but I'm sure it's delicious!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

That card and PUDDING look divine Kathy. I could tuck in to that dessert right now and would love to curl up after in one of your fantastic beach huts.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lynne said...

Ooh both Kathy. Your card is fab and I could go a bowl of pudding while sitting in a beach hut.
Lynne xxx

Jan Ltc said...

This is great Kathy xx Jan

Alexandra Marler said...

Kathy,I love your beach huts! The colours are bright and beautiful. I am pretty impressed with taht pudding too..now I am hungry! xx

OH Babs said...

I love the beach hut scene and I am unfamiliar with the stamp company. Great job coloring.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love both the cake AND the card, KathyK! I like that you think cooking is "malarky!" I wish I though that eating were "malarky" and I could drop a few stone, as you would say. I love saying that! Although if I were to lose what I NEED to lose, I would have to say, I dropped a few boulders!

Anyway, I do adore your colorful little beach huts and those are awesome swirling seagulls!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

Love your colourful beach huts and the cake looks deee-li-cious!!! xx

Pippa said...

Great beach huts. Think I'd like looking at the card while eating the cake!

Gerrina said...

I prefere the card; my body already has to carry some more kilo's at it likes :) Love the card; the stamp is a beautiful one, but the colours make the card! Hope you enjoy some sun this week? Inky greetings, Gerrina