Saturday, 23 August 2014

Saturday and another challenge day looms large ...

Morning all,
 
First order of business is to welcome another "purple" blogger ... Jane - great to see you - we purples must stick together!
 
As most of you know, Saturday mornings are usually spent at the table of craftiness conjuring up entries for my fave challenges .. but, in the absence of challenges yesterday I cracked on with a couple of ATC's instead!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of watercolour card and black card (for matting)
  • I spritzed the watercolour card with water and Cosmic shimmer mica spray  (a pinkish hue)before adding brusho watercolour powders in lemon and scarlet and setting aside to dry
  • Sunday International image and Woodware sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Spray and Shine to ensure no water damage in transit!

What a fab warm ATC this turned out to be - I'm loving brusho's but still very much a beginner when it comes to shaking the right amount and then spritzing the right amount - ah well, what is it they say? Practice makes perfect! In the meantime - my bin's litter with failed experiments! Thank heavens I only bought the cheap watercolour paper and not the GOOD stuff!

One of my trading card buddy's sent me a decoupage ATC yesterday and I was struck that I had in stamp form - if not the same image, then very very similar and set out to locate it.

Here is the decoupage ATC sent to me by Maggi




And here is an ATC I have made to send to her, using the stamp which turns out is not the same but, I think you will agree, IS pretty similar ... Maggi's is plainly the Christmas version whereas mine is the art deco version which is also why the person who gifted it to me did so!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card snippet on to which I stamped my Personal Impressions scene image using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Cosmic Shimmer (dries clear) acrylic glue
The image does have a black border all around it but this made the entire image just a smidge larger than ATC size so I ended up having to chop off the border

Now, back to challenge day .... over at Simply Less Is More they have introduced a sketch - I DO love a sketch and this one's a doozy!


 
 
So, here's my make with it:-




Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white and black card
  • Distress Ink in worn lipstick applied to the white card using a blending mat and a Tim Holtz blending tool/foam pad
  • Kaisercraft "chevron" image stamped on to the D.I. panel using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Craft Stamper free snowflake image (Chocolate Baroque?) stamped twice on the panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones added to the centre of the snowflakes and Stardust stickles added to highlight too
  • Stamplorations grungy border image stamped using Adirondack red pepper ink, directly on to the card blank
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from the same set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I'll also be entering this one over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge, the theme is: MERRY AND BRIGHT" ... and here's a glimpse of how the inside and the envelope look too ....



Have a great Saturday
 

18 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Great ATCs and cards. Nice sketch.

Lesley Thomas said...

Wow Kathy, you've been busy! The cutie cats appeal to me, but they are all great. Sun's just come out, so it might be shaping up to a good day.

Debs M said...

great atc's and your right that sketch is fab! Loving your take on it with the splats x

Jane said...

Brilliant cards and ATC - not made one of them for years, maybe time to rectify that! Thanks for the link to my blog.

nicky said...

Fab lot of work you have done there x

SallyB said...

Hello there...Hope you are well. Seems like ages since I've left a comment. So sorry! I am a bad blogger of late. Facebook has taken over. It's so much quicker to post up photos and make comments. Yes Holiday was good...bit too hot for me so I don't think I could go back although place was lovely and staff so nice! Just sorting house for Laurens 11th Birthday later...and then must pop to local shop for just a few last minute bits...fingers crossed for some crafting later...xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous ATCs Matey, such cute kitties whatever the season. Loving your warm and rich Brusho colours, again, a fabby ATC.

Great take on the LIM sketch, might have a go at an entry myself later today.

Have a great weekend, seems we are in for a drenching down here over the next couple of days, no BBQ ing then I guess LOL

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappyjacky said...

Love your first card.
I still haven't made my first xmas card of the year.

Di said...

Brilliant work Kathy! I have visions of you poised waiting for the challenges to be announced each Saturday! You're alway super fast out of the traps!

Hugs, Di xx

Shery said...

Fab ATCs and really cool card!!

Gerrina said...

This Christmas set (card and envelop) is beautiful! Love the red BG! And great ATc's! Hope you're having a fun weekend! Inky greetings, Gerrina

Eve Maynard said...

Fabulous ATC's and amazing Christmas card!

Anne said...

Kathy this looks so non-traditional and so stylish, especially the splat on the sentiment, love it!
Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wowsers Kathy you've been busy.
Fantastic cards each one so unique.
Love the use of the sketch on the LIM one and all the attention to the inside and envelope. Someone is in for a Christmas treat when they open it.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is more

Margaret said...

Great makes Kathy
Margaret x

Lilian said...

Great ATC Kathy and card Kathy, Love the colour on the first ATC
Hugs
lilian

Lynne said...

Fabby ATC`s Kathy and I love your LiM card especially the touch of grunge.
Lynne xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 191 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x