Saturday, 16 August 2014

Saturday and it's a change for me

Morning all,
 
I know Saturday's are normally challenge days for me but .... today ..... I am away from my desk - I have crafting pals staying at a nearby hotel and we plan on heading to Snazzy's for a little light retail therapy of the crafting kind!!! Wish us luck! They arrived yesterday afternoon following a marathon journey of five hours to complete just over three hours travelling - the motorways were a nightmare. Lovely meal at Raj's though, to make up for it but the knock on effect was that an early night was required but that's OK as it will give us a headstart this morning!
 
Knowing that I would be struggling to do very much crafting today I have this to share with you - made yesterday - hope you like it.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White care snippet cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry and seedless preserves - applied using a Tim Holtz mini blender
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle art deco design stamped on to white card snippet using Versafine onyx black ink and then fussy cut out before adhering to ATC
  • Alcohol markers in purples and greys - to colour
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped randomly using the D.I. seedless preserves and again using Encore gold
  • Stardust stickles to give a little glitz!
 
I decided to use another piece of my brusho play date makes - I'm not sure I've made the best use of this gorgeous piece but there you go - once it's done it's done!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Panel of card which had been "swiped" with a mix of purple brusho and sparkle mod podge using a palette knife
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade to colour the remaining white bits!
  • Inkadinkado dress and sentiment stamped on to snippets of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image which I then fussy cut out before adhering to my ATC ... on reflection perhaps I SHOULD have left a narrow white border to define the end of the dress and the start of the ATC
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the frock and co-ordinate with the sparkley mod podge - too much do you think?

Over at Simply Less Is More their new CAS challenge is: "ANIMAL" which I've also combined with the sketch produced for Freshly Made Sketches, so, yesterday was a threefor and today is a twofor - one card = two challenges!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado dog image stamped on to white car using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass and salty ocean applied around the image using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using the salty ocean ink
  • This panel was then mounted on to light blue and then a darker blue card using my perfect layering ruler (1/16") and a craft knife
  • Post Its to mask and then (without re-inking) the blue distress inks were applied for the borders
  • Inkadinkado "dog head" and "bone" images (from the same set as the main image) stamped using Memento Bahama blue ink

And the sketch I used?

 

And over at Addicted to CAS their new challenge is: "GEOMETRIC" a job for later perhaps ......... If you want to enter some of my fave challenges (in my absence!) then pop along to the side bar and take your pick.....ENJOY
 
Have a fab Saturday - I know I plan to! I'll be back tomorrow with (hopefully) pix and maybe even a card or two too!

13 comments:

Debs M said...

fabulous makes! loving the backgrounds on the first 2 - great lo from addicted to cas and I love this card as I have the same stamp set - it hasn't seen ink for a while maybe I should dig it out again! x

SARN said...

Fab Art Deco and Brusho ATCs Kathy.

And you LIM card is terrific.

Happy Crafting with your pals.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Goodness! You HAVE been busy haven't you. Have a great day at Snazzy's with The Gang. Look forward to hearing what you got up to later. Have fun! Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

My, Kathy, you were busy yesterday, while waiting for your friends. Three cards to look at. I hope you all have a great day today, and loo forward to seeing what you got up to.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb cards Kathy, loving those doggie images on the LIM card.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is more

Gay Peplow said...

Two fab cards Kathy, love your doggy one, bright blue!! YAY that's really great! Have a magic crafty day :D Gay x

Louise Wright said...

Hope you have had a good crafty day :-)
The brusho 'swipe' of purple has turned out fab on your project. The dog card really hits the mark for me though- love that image! (and I'm not a dog person!)

Sid said...

Great cards Kathy, the image of the dog is fab !!

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Kathy, the silhouette dog image looks fabulous against the gorgeous blue.
Pauline
x

Chrissie said...

What a fun dog Kathy!
This is a super animal card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan Ltc said...

Great cards Kathy xx Jan

Cindy Hall said...

Fabulous array of cards, Kathy! Love how you created the stamped panels that complement your focal point for the FMS sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anne said...

Snazzys at Swindon? Not too far from me, must have another trip over there soon!
Fab collection of creativity Kathy, love the dog card
Thank you for joining this week's Less is More Challenge, animals.
Anne
LIM Designe