Sunday, 3 August 2014

Sunday morning schpiel!

Hi readers,

First order of business today is to welcome new follower, Christine - love your profile pic! Thanks for checking out and following my blog - hope you will stop back from time to time.

Second order of business - here's hoping the weather is OK where you are this morning - what a funny old day we had yesterday? It started dull and grey, then poured with rain (and I MEAN poured) and then bright sunshine ..... I had several laundry loads to do but there was NO WAY I was hanging it out on the line/taking it in /hanging it out all day so the dryer was deployed - shhh, don't tell hubby!
 
Anyway, I felt it was the perfect weather to stay in and craft so, in addition to the post displaying some of yesterdays makes I have another to share with you this morning. Whilst blog hopping yesterday I found a new (to me) sketch challenge and a smashing sketch that I'd like to have a go at .... it's called CRAZY FOR CAS (and I AM!!!) and so .... here's the card I made ... the inside and envelope too - the sketch I used is below them both






 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½ cm square white card panel (x2 including insert)
  • Snippets of white and gold card - for the sentiment panel
  • Yellow card (x2, as above) for matting using the 1/16" perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Images from Hero Arts, Craft Stamper (swirl - thanks to Catherine for the recent reminder about it!) and PaperMania sentiment
  • Inks used: Encore gold (and gold mica powder brushed over), Memento rosebud, dandelion, tangelo
  • Spray and Shine to seal the card and envelope

 

My use of snippets means that I will be entering the above card over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop's "snippets challenge" as well as Addicted to CAS where the current challenge is:- GOLD


I really liked the way that turned out so decided to have a go at making it work for an ATC - did it work? YOU TELL ME...
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size - as the blank's too flimsy on its own!
  • Images from Hero Arts, Craft Stamper (swirl) and a sentiment by Woodware
  • Inks used: Encore gold (and gold mica powder brushed over), Memento rosebud, pear tart, dandelion, tangelo and Bahama Blue
  • Spray and Shine to seal
 
 
Have a great Sunday peeps

14 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey! What an absolutely FABULOUS card! I love what you've done with the sketch and the stamps you've used are really great. I love everything about it. Best of luck with the challenge.

Happy Sunday

Lx

SARN said...

Fabulous CASness there Kathy.

I managed to get a load of washing dry on the line yesterday . . . while I was playing with my new Brusho paints.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

It certainly did! Loving that swirl Kathy x

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy, hope you win one of the challenges. As you know, I just joined the new forum, and promptly ordered 3 sets of Clarity stamps! There is no hope for me, and have to admit to an addiction.

Is there a Stampers anonymous?

Kathyk said...

Oh Yeah, there IS a Stampers Anonymous but they pander to our addiction rather than trying to cure us!!!!!

Kathy

Kylie said...

I loved this card from the moment I saw it Kathy. Those stamps are really cool and I love the purple and gold combination. How about I set up a Stampers Anonymous over at Happy Little Stampers? Sort of like a secret group, lol lol Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

cheryl Baker said...

this is one,super card hun,just love,the design really effective,hugs Cherylxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that interesting stamp...great card.
Still no rain here!!

scrappymo! said...

Your card looks great...love the way you did both sides of the inside...but the ATC is fab! Love the Smile!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, my Kathy, yes, it worked just fine and dandy! I'm sending a huge round of applause to you for pulling together all of these CAS challenges and making a brilliant CAS card, inside, outside, envie, AND ATC!! Now you're just showing off, lol! And being VERY inspirational to me! Have a glorious week! Hugs, Darnell

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Kathy and suits the CAS style. Love the way you have done the envelope to match
x catherine

Di said...

Wahoo Kathy, really lovely makes here! You just make it look so effortless - and I know that ain't true when I try to look effortless! Beautiful swirls!

Sorry I'm late commenting, after the marathon write-up on a Saturday it usually takes 24 hours for my pinkies to recover and be up to typing again!
Hugs, Di xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love those circles and the entire finished package; inside and envie! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Deepti said...

Love the subtle shimmer of the circle and the swirl :) awesome effect of gold, Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!