Thursday, 28 August 2014

Thursday and, unusually for me, a post sharing a make for two challenges

Morning all,
 
I know I don't normally post on a Thursday but my makes to share on Friday were adding up so I thought that I would take pity on you all, dear readers, and spread them over two days!!!
 
My dear hubby has been waking up at around 06:00-06:30 for over a week now (no idea why) but I'm an eight hours person and I've been struggling to stay awake till bed time on less than my full 8!! Last night I surrendered at around 21:30 and me and my melatonin went to bed ..... I was SOUND asleep before 22:00 and woke a smidge before 08:00 this morning - re-SULT!!! I am my happy self once more!, and ready to face the world. The only thing I had noticed though, was that I seem to have been a bit hyper on the crafting front, now I've caught up on my sleep I wonder whether that will change.
 
Anyway, whilst making the most of this craft-fest I thought I would share this with you .......... over at Addicted to Stamps and More it's the turn of the photo inspiration challenge and this week's is a doozy



Here's my make for this challenge - I THINK you will see both connections! I am also going to be entering this card over at Cute Card Thursday where their current challenge is: "ANYTHING GOES" - it'll make a change for my CCT entry to actually BE pretty cute!!!


My card
And a close up of the super sparkle too


Awwww!

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • Pink and black card for matting
  • Perfect layering ruler - 1/16" and a craft knife - for the borders
  • Santa Rosa floral image stamped numerous times using Memento rosebud ink
  • Penny Black ballerina cat image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • CS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Wink of Stella black glitter brush pen - to accent the whiskers!


That's it from me today, see you tomorrow when I have a few more to share with you - bring a coffee!


16 comments:

Debs M said...

Great stamp and fabulous card! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing! They are indeed very cute. Love the pink and black combo.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Really cute image for a card Kathy. I am still struggling to see what's in the middle of the flower on the inspiration for the challenge. It looks as if there is a hand sticking up from the middle, but it might very well be my eyes.

Kathyk said...

It's a ballerina, Lesley, which is what motivated me to choose the PB image I did.

Kathyk

sandie said...

Such a cute dancer Kathy and I the added sparkle is perfect..love she is dancing on sparkle! Glad to see you got your 8 hours! Thanks for joining us at ATSM x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Oh my gosh, your ballerina kitty is soooo cute! I love that you did a matching envelope! What a clever idea and a fabulous card! :)

Lilian said...

Kathy .i like him I say he is Cute.
Hugs lilian

Jane said...

Such a cute ballerina stamp and I love that you made a matching inside and envelope.

My name is Wynneth said...

I love, love, love it ! I don't know why I don't have this PB stamp in my collection as I just adore it ! What a great entry for our challenge this week on CCT, thank you so much for playing along with is.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Barb Ghig said...

Your dancing kitty is so cute, and I love all the sparkle! Love how you finished off the inside of the card and envelope...nicely done!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! Hope you will join us again soon!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is adorable. I love the cute dancing kitty - and I like that you've coloured her grey. I like the way you've added the rose and decorated the inside and envelope too. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Neets B said...

Your ballerina is gorgeous, Kathy. I really must invest in some Penny Black stamps! The floral images are a great touch and I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week, Anita x

Rahmat said...

Cute ballerina Kathy! I like all the shimmer, you have used it in a very creative way! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

Cornelia W said...

How fun is that - you turned this serene picture into such a happy card - LOVE it! Great to see you playing with us again at ATSAM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Katie Melhus said...

Totally precious - that image makes me smile :) Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Shana Gaff said...

What an adorable card! I love how you interpreted the photo. Just the right amount of color and who can resist that beautiful sparkle?! I am also enjoying the finished inside and envelope. Great creations! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)