Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Tuesday which is going to feel pretty much like a Monday all day!!!

Morning,

How was your Bank Holiday (UK)? Ours was typical ..... WET! Bank Holidays (in addition to rubbish weather) usually result in major traffic issues so we've pretty much given up on attempting anything during these weekends! Turns out to have been just as well as I managed a bit of a create-fest ..... hope your weekend was as creative as my own! Check out my makes below - all of them!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card for matting
  • Snippet of white card
  • Images:Indigoblu (chicken wire and chevron), Artistic Stamper (coffee stains), Hero Arts ( ink blots, arrows, graffiti sentiment)
  • Inks: Memento - dandelion, rosebud, pear tart, tangelo, Bahama blue, grape jelly
 
I'll be entering the above over at the "ANYTHING GOES" challenge over at the Tuesday throwdown blog. And on to the next project, another ATC:-
 
My ATC
 
Hopefully, this close up will show off the stencil detail a little better

 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card
  • Indigoblu chicken wire image stamped using Adirondack snowcap ink
  • Inkadinkado flourish image stamped using Encore gold ink and gold perfect pearls brushed over
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out before mounting on to kraft card which was then cut in to a banner shape
  • TCW star stencil through which clear gloss gel medium was applied with a palette knife - just to give it a little dimension!
  • Hero Arts border stamped all around the edge of the ATC using Versamark ink and then gold perfect pearls added, buffed and then spray set with Spray and Shine
 
And, yep, it's ANOTHER ATC!:- ..
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Watercolour panel which had been previously brusho's and then a Memory box stencil used with clear gloss gel medium/copper watercolour powder
  • Tim Holz "man with umbrella" shape die cut from black card before stamping with the Indigoblu checker image stamped with Encore gold ink
And then it was back to week FIVE of  Me Time Messages - the 2015 summer school project set by the lovely CLARE .... if you missed the start of my week five project then you can see it here, otherwise, read on for how it reached completion below ....
 
FRONT - my one word inspiration was OUTGOING
 
 
 
Materials used (only those used in addition to those listed in Sunday's post):
  • Computer generated journaling (adhered using Cosmic Shimmer glue)
  • Tim Holtz Visual Artistry harlequin image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My Mind's Eye arrowhead/dot image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
So, that's five down and just one left to do - where is this summer vacation going? THANK YOU so much to Clare for the interesting mixed media projects she prepared again this year. I don't know about the others who signed up but I've really enjoyed the projects - makes me think outside the box, Clare has stretched me to try things I perhaps wouldn't normally, which is a great experience. Here's to 2015's summer school!

It's not too late to play catch up - see all of the projects
HERE


And finally, since I've been on a bit of a Christmas kick in the last few days and as part of my attempt to make EIGHT Christmas cards each month ......




Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 11cm square of white card (x 2 including the insert)
  • Red linen effect card (DCWV) for matting at 1/16", cut using my perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Penny Black wreath image stamped on to the white card using Versamark ink before adding a liberal sprinkling of gold sparkle embossing powder and heat embossing (for the insert and envelope the image was stamped using Encore gold ink - didn't want to get glitter in the Royal Mail sorting machinery!!!)
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink

And here's a close up of the sparkle on the card front




And the matching inside of the card and the envelope




I will be entering this over at Merry Monday for their challenge #123, which is currently to "USE A WREATH" and also for the "GLITTER AND BLING" challenge over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Another Christmas card for my collection - YAY! I think this might make a great batch card - should I need to run up a couple come November - what do you think?

Have a great Tuesday


22 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Some fabulously crafty creativity there to feast our eyes upon Your Purpleness. Fortunately, crafting is an all weather sport ;oD

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

You have been busy....and a very apt ATC!!
I spent yesterday scrapbooking.

Sue - said...

You certainly made good use of this awful weather! Like you we never venture any distance on Bank Holidays either! Some great makes!

Lilian said...

Fab Makes there Kathy. Love the wreath. Well done Kathy
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

it's a craft frenzy! Loving your atc's - fab mtm project and well done on getting your Christmas cards made x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Wow and it certainly is a frenzy but a glorious one hun fabulous work and thanks so much for linking up with us at Tuesday Throwdown hugs Judith DT x

Lesley Thomas said...

Wow Kathy, you certainly didn't waste your time getting fed up with the weather did you (it rained all day here too). I love them all, and thanks for jogging my memory about the wreath stamp, cos I found it after you told me about it, then never got around to using it. This year it will do nicely.

Stampingcountry said...

Nice glitz on your Christmas wreath!

Katie Melhus said...

That swirly gold wreath is so fun and pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Kathy! I have seen your pretty face around the blogland and thought I'd visit... Oooh, I love your work! I have joined your blog and look forward to some more gorgeous ATCs from you ;) Ingrid xx

Karren said...

Fabulous projects! Love the depth you've created in these and my absolute fave is Umbrella Man - I just love that image!

SARN said...

Super cards and ATCs here Kathy. You've been busy!

REALLY love the "Gotta Let it Out" and "Friends" art.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...

Wow! I love this gorgeous, glittery wreath! What a beautiful card, Kathy! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Kathy, I love your glittery wreath. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

jasann said...

This is super beautiful, so lovely and the inside and the envelope really finish the card off!!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely card!!!

lilybygilly said...

Wow! Such a beautiful Christmas card Kathy! I love the design, and of course the glitter! Hope you achieve your goal of making 8 Christmas cards a month.

Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week.

Hugs,
Gill x
52CCT Design Team

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Such a pretty wreath stamp and I love all that glitter! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

fabiola jaques said...

tout en sobriété et en élégance Kathyk, elle est très belle et charmante, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Deborah Frings said...

Looks like you had a very successful Bank Holiday weekend! So many fab cards.

I do like the simple elegance of your Christmas wreath and that touch of red too! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

CraftyGirl said...

You have been a very busy girl! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful card! I love that you also made an envelope!!

Greta said...

Beautiful work! I love that PB stamp & I'm always looking for ways to use it--thanks for the inspiration!