How was your Bank Holiday (UK)? Ours was typical ..... WET! Bank Holidays (in addition to rubbish weather) usually result in major traffic issues so we've pretty much given up on attempting anything during these weekends! Turns out to have been just as well as I managed a bit of a create-fest ..... hope your weekend was as creative as my own! Check out my makes below - all of them!
- ATC blank
- Black card for matting
- Snippet of white card
- Images:Indigoblu (chicken wire and chevron), Artistic Stamper (coffee stains), Hero Arts ( ink blots, arrows, graffiti sentiment)
- Inks: Memento - dandelion, rosebud, pear tart, tangelo, Bahama blue, grape jelly
- ATC blank
- Black card
- Indigoblu chicken wire image stamped using Adirondack snowcap ink
- Inkadinkado flourish image stamped using Encore gold ink and gold perfect pearls brushed over
- Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out before mounting on to kraft card which was then cut in to a banner shape
- TCW star stencil through which clear gloss gel medium was applied with a palette knife - just to give it a little dimension!
- Hero Arts border stamped all around the edge of the ATC using Versamark ink and then gold perfect pearls added, buffed and then spray set with Spray and Shine
- ATC blank
- Watercolour panel which had been previously brusho's and then a Memory box stencil used with clear gloss gel medium/copper watercolour powder
- Tim Holz "man with umbrella" shape die cut from black card before stamping with the Indigoblu checker image stamped with Encore gold ink
- Computer generated journaling (adhered using Cosmic Shimmer glue)
- Tim Holtz Visual Artistry harlequin image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- My Mind's Eye arrowhead/dot image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
|It's not too late to play catch up - see all of the projects|
And finally, since I've been on a bit of a Christmas kick in the last few days and as part of my attempt to make EIGHT Christmas cards each month ......
- 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 11cm square of white card (x 2 including the insert)
- Red linen effect card (DCWV) for matting at 1/16", cut using my perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
- Penny Black wreath image stamped on to the white card using Versamark ink before adding a liberal sprinkling of gold sparkle embossing powder and heat embossing (for the insert and envelope the image was stamped using Encore gold ink - didn't want to get glitter in the Royal Mail sorting machinery!!!)
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink
And here's a close up of the sparkle on the card front
And the matching inside of the card and the envelope
I will be entering this over at Merry Monday for their challenge #123, which is currently to "USE A WREATH" and also for the "GLITTER AND BLING" challenge over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Another Christmas card for my collection - YAY! I think this might make a great batch card - should I need to run up a couple come November - what do you think?
Have a great Tuesday