Blimey did I have trouble when I started composing this post, or what?!?!?! I ASSUME that blogger was having an epi on Wednesday afternoon because, if IT wasn't ..... then it had to be me!!! I kept getting all manner of strange error messages - to the point where I gave up and walked away for an hour!
Wednesday evening saw us heading to "the surrogates" for dinner, postponed whilst youngest surrogate (Zac) got over his chicken pox which he seems to have now, thank goodness! It was originally going to be a BBQ but the weather's been uncertain the last day or so and surrogate S-I-L opted for a roast dinner instead - YUM-me! Interestingly enough we were able to enjoy live music at the beginning of the evening too as a local company were having what looked like a summer BBQ and had booked a live band to entertain - and we reaped the benefits from a distance too! In case you're wondering, it stopped before 20:00, before anyone had cause to complain!!!
On to the craft-y part now, it's a bit of a marathon (UNDERSTATEMENT - you HAVE been warned) so you might want to grab your coffee before you settle down to read on ....
The ABC of Christmas peeps have launched their new challenge, with a theme of: "PENGUINS" and, over at Freshly Made Sketches, they've a sketch ... hardly surprising given the title of the blog! Well here's my take on combining the two challenges - whaddya reckon? Is this or is this not an ADORABLE penguin image???
|My super twinkly card|
Is it just me that has trouble getting glue to stick layers of glitter card together?
|And here is the envelope and also the inside of the card|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 14cm square gold glitter card
- Kanban Merry Christmas red/black card - from an OLD QVC Christmas kit which I've FINALLY decided to use!!
- Snippets of blue, black and white card for image panel and matting
- Perfect layers matting ruler (1/16") and craft knife
- Cosmic Shimmer dries clear acrylic glue
- Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Penguin image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Alcohol markers to colour image
- Stardust stickles to highlight
- Faux crystal gemstones as an accent
And here is the sketch from those peeps at Freshly Made Sketches, which I used - pretty cool, huh?! I wasn't sure when I first looked but it sure grew on me and who knows? I MIGHT even make another entry!
|Each of these little pots of gorgeousness should make up to 568ml of watercolour|
You should also be aware that it WILL stain your hands!
I also recommend that you have kitchen roll to hand!, otherwise you COULD end up with drips in places you don't want drips - or you could use a manila tag - that might work pretty well too. And here is how my brusho panel ended up ....
|Looks a little orangey but it's the light and reflection - the panel above is a truer reflection of the colour|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Watercolour paper, scarlet brusho paint, sunshine yellow perfect pearls mist, water spray, paper towel
- Black card and red card, for matting
- 1/16" perfect layering template and craft knife
- Penny Black brushstroke image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to my card blank using Versafine onyx black ink
Check out Hermine's blog to see a splendid example of Less really IS more with a very close equivalent of brusho's too.
CASology's current challenge is "STRIPE" and I have a set of stamps that had yet to see ink so this seemed simply PERFECT - hope you will agree ....
- C6 Kraft card blank, 300 gsm, and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white card (x2) and black card
- Kaisercraft numeral/symbol image stamped using Versafine majestic blue
- Kaisercraft bar code image (stripe) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- CAS-ual Friday birthday sentiment stamped using the Versafine majestic blue ink
- Larger snippet of white card coloured by simply placing the Versafine blue ink pad down around the outer edge to give a rougher finish to the colour and, hopefully, more masculine!
And here's a challenge I might like to have a go at today, if I get time ...... over at CAS Colours and Sketches they have a red white and blue theme right now ...
It's also week five of summer school, with Clare's Me Time Messages mixed media project .... see it here, so, busy time craft wise - don't be surprised if you see a second post from me today or another photo heavy post tomorrow.
It's the weekend of the Balloon Fiesta and we've had some lovely weather .... but not this morning - mass ascent went up at around 7 this morning - not that we'd have seen them if they had come this way - look at it out there!
|You SHOULD be able to see houses!|
And this weeks pictorial Friday Funny comes courtesy of Marsha - ENJOY ... wishing we had one of these near me, how much fun I would have if we did!!
And thank you so much to Darnell, who's e-mail was waiting in my in box this morning and to all those peeps who've taken the time to send us a card - much appreciated - thank you
Have a fabulous Friday peeps