Saturday, 2 August 2014

Welcome to the first Saturday in August!!

Morning,
 
AUGUST? Crikey, where IS the year going? Kids will soon be going back to school ..... are yours "bored" yet? Don't have any kids ..... so no boredom issues there! Bet if I did though, they would so be crafters!

Yesterday was a busy day as I was expecting young Wynneth and her entourage to stop by on their way south "for light refreshments" and I was also meeting another pal at the mall later in the afternoon. Planned like a military manoeuvre all it needed was a traffic snarl up and we would have been scuppered!
 
I belong to a couple of crafting forums .... one is Happy Little Stampers and the other is Craftbubble2½. Why am I telling you this? Well, you COULD say I'm hyperactive on both! (which wouldn't be a lie) but the real reason for sharing is two fold ..... 1) Happy Little Stampers is new (it was set up by the folks behind Addicted to CAS and Addicted to Stamps and More) and could use more members and, 2) it's my turn to set a challenge over on Craftbubble 2½'s Craft Mad and Loving It Group today. Membership is required to participate in chat and/or challenges on both forums but ... why not pop along and join us?
 
Right, so, what's the new challenge? I'm going with "BALLOONS" and here's what I made as my own entry:-
 



 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Digital image by Rick St Denis printed on to 200gsm card ... FYI his name is FWAYT - die cut in to a circle
  • Alcohol markers to colour with  Faber Castell pitt pen ("S") for the balloon string and a green Spica glitter pen from Copic
  • White card die cut in to a scallop edged circle along with a banner shape and coloured using an "orchid" pro marker - to match FWAYT
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, cut in to a banner shape and then mounted on a snippet of card also coloured with alcohol marker to match
  • Glossy Accents applied to the balloons which I pretty much managed NOT to touch till they were dry!

And a close up view of FWAYT and his balloons! In my mind he looks like he could use another drink - HIC!!

 
Isn't he cute?!!!



And it will fit in with the "Take Flight" challenge over at Unruly Arts as well.

And then I made this ATC ... just because I could ... I really liked the ATC I made yesterday but tried to reproduce it not once but TWICE and both attempts ended up in the bin! Ah well, I did at least manage to prove that "there ARE mistakes in art"!!!! Occasionally!, check out this one using different images and colours ......




Materials used:
  • ATC blank (one of the flimsy batch .....needs a second layer, at least!)
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade applied all over the ATC using my Color Box stylus and foam blender head
  • I then used the same head to sponge Distress Ink in mustard seed through the Dutchdoobadoo "burlap" stencil and then peeled paint through the triangles stencil
  • Stamplorations grungy border image stamped twice using the peeled paint ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from the same set as the grungy border - it's a Christmas set!) stamped using Memento bamboo
  • Stampers Anonymous car image stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using the Encore gold ink - this is my "go to" stamp/ink combo if I feel my project just needs a little "je ne sais quoi"!!

For those of you struggling with your Christmas card quota, there's a new challenge over at Festive Friday - it's a photo inspiration .... Fab pic, I just MIGHT be having a go at that later too


 

Saturday is usually challenge day for me and one I love to enter as regularly as possible is the challenge over at Simply Less Is More ..... it's a CAS (Clean And Simple) challenge which definitely appeals to my inner minimalist! This week it's a colour challenge - apparently, we don't have to use every colour in the palette but need to represent a reasonable number ... want to see the palette to choose from? Well, it's underneath my entry ...

My card

And the inside of the card plus the co-ordinating envelope


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x2 including insert)
  • Lime green card (x2, as above) matted using the 1/16" perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Low tack tape, to mask off a random border
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade applied using my Color Box stylus and foam blending head
  • Stamplorations "Swipe" image stamped multiple times using Memento pear tart ink
  • Hero Arts short "swipe" and "ink blot" images stamped numerous times using Memento Bahama blue ink
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Memento London fog ink ....

Think I managed to use all six colours (if you count the white space) from the palette below - WOO HOO!

 color sip
 
Have a great Saturday and an even fabber weekend!!! I'm off to ponder that Christmas challenge! Laterz .....
 

11 comments:

Debs M said...

you have been busy! 3 great makes Kathy - loving the rick st dennis image! x

Sid said...

Loving your LIM card a lot !! Great design !

Rebecca said...

Great use of the LIM colours! Rebecca x

Jan Ltc said...

Great designs today Kathy xx Jan

Clare Lloyd said...

Thanks for joining us at unruly PaperArts this month. Fab card and ATC kathy.

Louise Wright said...

Great cards and ATC. Especially love the last card- the design and colours. Will try to join in the balloons challenge soon x

Anne said...

Lots of fun cards Kathy! I do like your matching envelope and inner in those fresh colours, looks great
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

I've only just caught up with last week's comments since returning from holiday
This is colour palette works brilliantly on your card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow so stunning Kathy, perfect use of the colours and love how you've decorated not only the inside but the envelope too. Attention to detail A*.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Pearl Maple said...

Thanks for sharing your fun collection of cards with us
my project for the theme is linked http://www.pearlmaple.com/mail-art/taking-flight/

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for sharing those glossy balloons at UPA! Helene, UPA columnist