Friday, 15 August 2014

Welcome to Friday

Morning bloggers, Hi De Hi!

Welcoming Craig Cantrell to my list of followers, thanks for stopping by - hope you will stop by again sometime
 
Looking forward to a fun weekend - got two crafters stopping by and staying locally - yee haa, there may well be crafting mayhem! There will most likely be incriminating pix too and, if I have anything to do with it, shopping too!!! I had a bit of a panic earlier in the week as we planned to visit Snazzys in Swindon but my e-mail to them bounced and the phone number on their web site was not in service - "OH MY!! THEY CAN'T HAVE CLOSED" - I cried (voiced ... not literally, you understand) ...... I posted on Craftbubble - a craft forum I belong to and Clare popped up with some information she had seen on FaceBook (which I don't belong to) - thank heavens, all is well and they have a new telephone number - PHEWWWW! Shopping has been saved!

Ever set out to do one craft-y project and discovered some half done bits and bobs and thought "I should finish those before I start" .... crack on and finish those and then - find yourself doing something else entirely? This happens to me all the time ..... and that's how Wednesday panned out - you probably saw my work desk photo so you just KNOW that a major tidy had to happen before I could do anything. To Lesley who said she would struggle to work in that small a space - well it never gets bigger than A4 so I just crack on!!!! My new watercolour paper arrived on Tuesday and I wanted to use that too .... AND I wanted to make a "Magic" entry for CASology and a "HOLIDAY" entry for ATCAS but here's what developed instead .....
 



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Panel made recently at play date with pal (Brusho purple/iridescent and gloss gel medium)
  • Woodware sentiment stamped on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Ink in seedless preserve applied to base and sentiment panel
  • Water spritzed on to sentiment panel, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel before matting on to white card
  • Close to my Heart musician image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out
  • Spray and Shine used to seal the inks

And then there was:-



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Panel of Kraft card with copper water colour paint (mixed with clear gloss gel medium) and applied through a stencil
  • Woodware sentiment and Fiskars penny farthing image stamped on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Ink in tea dye applied to the base card to darken around the edges
  • Adding Distress Ink in festive berries to the tea dye left on my splodgeaway mat I coloured the sentiment panel and the penny farthing image before cutting out and matting on black card before adhering to my ATC using dimensional foam adhesive
 
The above ATC's started life like this ..

 


As I mentioned earlier in my post ... CASology are using the theme of "MAGIC" for their current challenge whilst Addicted to Stamps and More have the theme of "HOLIDAY" running right now. There's also a CAS theme currently running over at Cute Card Thursday I find myself wondering if I can manage a threefor - one card, three challenges!!!




Right ..... Magic - CHECK (Believe in the magic of Christmas), Holiday - CHECK (last time I looked Christmas was a holiday!) and CAS - CHECK (doesn't get much CAS-er!) - BINGO!!! We have a threefor!!! I owe a debt of gratitude to Sarn (again) with her timely reminder of all the fab Inkadinkado images I have ..

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado "BELIEVE" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Inkadinkado "Angel" image stamped using flitterglue and then a mixed pot of gilding flakes and then the excess removed with one of the "scooch" sponges to reveal the shine you see above - well angelic!

Here's the card I started off with in my head this morning - I get easily sidetracked whilst looking for stash and made the above card instead ... in fact, I didn't get around to actually making my "planned" card until late yesterday afternoon. Whilst blog hopping Wednesday morning I spotted Kath demo-ing this simple technique and just knew I had to have a go - I really like something that's SIMPLE!




And here's a close up of the shine




Materials used:
  • 20cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel (no point making it any larger as my stencil would have been too small!)
  • TCW stencil .. Winter Wonderland I think it's called
  • Versamark embossing powder
  • Big Shot and please be advised that I used it with a couple of pieces of scrap paper to act as a "shim" the stencil being much thinner than the average die
  • Cosmic Shimmer mica powder in blue - applied with a brush and the excess brushed away
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Black and Blue card for matting

Simple but quite effective and so blooming easy to do too - it's worth checking out the video.

With Freshly Made Sketches and their fab new sketch challenge - check it out below ... I may be having another post later - otherwise, check out tomorrow!

There's a pretty neat sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches too ..




And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha - you're in the draw.
 
 
Man's best friend eh? You don't think this is going a smidge too far?!?!?
 
 
Bless!

 
Have a great weekend peeps

14 comments:

SARN said...

Morning Oh Purple Princess!

LOVING your 2 ATCs . . . brilliant.

And those 2 cards are just fab too . . . love all the shine and magic of them.

Thanks for the mention too! Only too pleased to help you rummage through your vast stamp collection!

Happy Friday and enjoy your crafty weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Hi, Kathy, I love the funny pic, and yes, far too far! your cards are great, nice to see you playing with the new stash. I am pleased your local shop had only changed the phone number and you found out about it. I avoid facebook as far as I can too. I hate it!

Hettie said...

Great cards there and the ATCS. I had a peek at the video too. Expect to see something soon.
Tee hee for the funny. Not something I would do personally.
Hugs
xx

hazelspaperdesigns said...

That technique is beautiful and your cards look amazing! I am totally captivated by your angel. Oh, and your Friday funny left me in hysterics!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful holiday cards, Kathy! Thank you so much for playing along this week at ATSM!

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first ATC.
Have a fun weekend.

Deepti said...

Wow ur post is such a shimmery treat :) love the magical card the most ! Thank you for sharing with ATSM

Kylie said...

I'm loving all these beautiful projects, Kathy! I have to say that your angel is absolutely amazing! Such beauty in all that shimmer! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Judy1223 said...

Kathy, your magical, sparkly Christmas card is fantastic! All that glitter adds to the magic of your card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Debs M said...

fabulous makes - loving the angel stamp and it looks fabulous with the gilding flakes!x

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

That shine is stunning! I love how you've captured the essence of Christmas in two stamps! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

OH Babs said...

I love the card for CASology it popped off the page - very unique.

Gillian R said...

Beautiful cards, love the glittery look of your fairy. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, goodness, I came here from CASology to congratulate you on the well-deserved HM honor your received for your magical card, but now that photo of man and dog and dog and man will be burned into my retina forever!! Seriously, Kathy, your card is magic personified!! Hugs, Darnell