Friday, 29 August 2014

Welcome to the last Friday in August!

Morning all,

Hard to think that in just two days it will be ... (gasp!) SEPTEMBER! The year is simply flying by and it will soon be Christmas - how are those Christmas cards coming along? You started your Christmas shopping yet?
 
Last week  I got an e-mail suggesting I might like to book a half term break! The kids haven't even gone back to school yet - next thing you know, it'll be Easter eggs in the shops!

Recently, I welcomed new follower, Pamellia, but said I couldn't find a link to her blog - found one! You can view her work here
 
I'm participating in an ATC swap and (so far) there are just three sign ups so I need to make two ATC's on the selected theme of HALLOWEEN. I decided to crack on and make mine but thought I should make a couple of extras in case others sign up as sign up doesn't close until August 31st .. each one the same but just a little bit different whether it be down to shading or the positioning of the images and/or sentiment:-
 


My little batch - what a hoot!?!?!

A closer view of just one of them - so you can see a little more detail
  
Materials used:
  • ATC's (x 4)
  • Snippets of white card (x 4) cut to ATC size
  • Inkadinkado owl image stamped on to white card snippet and also on to a post it (I cut out the owl itself - to use as a mask)
  • Circular hole die cut in to a scrap of card - both the "hole" and the mask will be used to make my card
  • With the owl mask and circular "hole" mask in place I applied Distress Ink in antique linen and squeezed lemonade to act as the moon
  • Removing both masks and replacing the off cut from the "hole" I then applied Distress Ink in tumbled glass and faded jeans to the remaining segments of the card
  • Inkadinkado "cobweb", "bats" and sentiment stamped on to my ATC's using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers to add a little colour and shading
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Spray and Shine - to protect the inks in case of rain in transit!!! Gives a nice sheen too
 
I think they turned out pretty well and if no-one else signs up well then, I have two Halloween ATC's to add to my collection!!! A win/win situation!

Whilst I was making a One Layer Card for the Craftbubble2½ Rudolph Day challenge recently I found that I had a little sparkle medium left on my spatula and the star stencil in my hand so ..... seemed a shame to waste it:-

So I stencilled on to some snippets of white card

Then mounted on another layer of card

Materials used:
  • Snippets of Rymans 200gsm white card
  • TCW star stencil
  • "Diamond" sparkle medium (Imagination Crafts) applied through the stencil using a palette knife and set aside to dry
  • Once dry I die cut them in to circles
  • Taking one piece of 6" x 4" DCWV linen effect card (in a pale beige) I die cut three circles the next size up
  • All Night Media "To" and "From" sentiment stamped on the reverse using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Once my stencil circles were attached to my stamped circles I punched 3/8" holes using my crop-a-dile and then set the star eyelets before threading with twinkly gold string

Yee Haa - three ready to roll gift tags suitable for Christmas or pretty much any other occasion too!

On Wednesday I posted a CAS challenge for the "LETTER" challenge over at CASology using a cheeky set of stamps and one of my pals reckoned the design would rock in PINK so I thought ... "why not?" ... As it happens I can enter this for the "Pink, Pink and more Pink" challenge over at Pan pastels this week - wish me luck


My card - Pink, Pink and more PINK!

And here is the inside of the card and the envelope to match


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm white card panel (x 2 for the insert)
  • Pink card, for matting, with a 1/16" border cut using my perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Close to my Heart girlie images stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • "WTF" and border stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink (the Versafine was a tad too juicy for the sentiment and I didn't want it to blur)
  • Faux crystal gemstones to embellish

And the cheeky stamp set? From CAS-ual Friday




Moxie Fab "Stamp" of Approval: Close to My Heart
The Close to my Heart set used


I did start a piece for the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge which was going great guns till I thought C A S!!! DOH! Here's the sketch for this challenge



And here's what I've made for it ... just hoping it's deemed to be CAS enough.




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card - 2 pieces, 1 x 13½cm square and the other cut to be 1/16" larger all round and edged using Distress Ink in seedless preserves
  • Using a Fiskars precision finger cutter I cut the sweeping shape in to a piece of scrap card, using as a mask
  • To the lower half of the card I then applied (using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad) Distress Inks :- milled lavender, shaded lilac and seedless preserves
  • Kaiiercraft chevron image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Reversing the mask I then used the harlequin mask by TCW and the soft purple sparkle medium (applied with a spatula) and set aside to dry
  • An oval was die cut from white card and then my Penny Black image coloured using Memento bamboo and grape jelly inks. I also edged the oval using the grape jelly ink
  • Stardust stickles were used to embellish the flowers
  • Imagine That sentiment was stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

And here's the co-ordinating inside of the card too ...




And now for the Friday Funny , courtesy of Wynneth - enjoy!, it made me chuckle and I hope you will too




It's been pointed out that some of you may not be able to see this week's Friday Funny directly from my blog - if this is the case then check out this link - it's only 23 seconds and worth the effort - ENJOY.

Should you still be in need of cheering then check out Hettiecraft's blog here, it's an oldie but goldie today!


Last evening saw us visiting aunt and uncle ..... "Unc" has a new iPad and aunt a new mobility scooter so we thought we'd got to "check 'em out" - both items passed!!! Whilst I was there I got to speak to another aunt (who phoned) so altogether a sociable evening and today seems set for more of the same.
 
Have a great weekend ... I'm off to meet a pal for coffee this afternoon leaving hubby to do yet more hedge trimming! All heart me!!!


13 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Not sure if it's just me matey but I'm getting a big black box of nothingness where the Friday Funny should be.

FORTUNATELY there is much Friday Fabulousness to be had at Planet Purple. I hardly know where to start. Love those tags. How cool are they? Excellent use of your Sparkle Medium.

Well to coin a phrase WTF! They really are FABULOUS in pink and black. Thank you for indulging me :oD I LOVE those stamps sets you've used. They are truly FAB!

So glad to hear you had a great time with your lovely aunt and uncle and were able to declare their new acquisitions fit for purple (LOL - a genuine typo but I HAD to leave it...quite apt don't you think)

Well that's a lot of Fabulous today isn't it...but hey, if the word fits then over-use it, that's what I say. Have a good one pal of mine. Enjoy that coffee.


Lx

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - loving those girls and it looks just as fabulous in pink! x

Stephanie Poteet said...

Your projects are lovely! I wish all of mine turned out so fabulous on the first try :)

SARN said...

Lovely inkiness going on . . . as per usual Kathy!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great makes as always. I really must start some christmas crafting!

Deepti said...

These are fabulous :) I love the cute owl on ur halloween card!

Lesley Thomas said...

My goodness Kathy, you gave us a bumper dose of cards today to keep us going all over the weekend! No time to look at the vid., I have a visitor to get some breakfast for.

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! I love the glittery purple diamonds in the background of your card!

massofhair said...

Very pretty CAS card, loving the pastel pink ladies figures, they really do look fantastic :-) x

Patricia H. said...

Lots of nice projects here! Thanks for including a card for our CAS Colours and Sketches sketch challenge in the mix. :) I think all the shimmer and sparkle will delight whoever receives it.

Doreen said...

Love your fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful cas card,thank you for joining in the fun over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge! xoxox

Yvonne said...

Thank you for entering our Pink, pink and more pink Challenge over at PanPastel Uk. Beautiful work.