Sunday, 17 August 2014

Welcome to Sunday

Morning peeps
 
How was your Saturday? Mine was pretty fab as I picked up Wynneth and her dad (Andy) at 09:30 and we headed off to Swindon, to visit Val and Don at Snazzy's. After a good mooch round and some light retail therapy we settled our debts (i.e. paid!) and headed off to Sally Pusseys Inn for a late breakfast / early lunch. Now Wynneth and Andy, being in a hotel, had eaten breakfast and we were heading out to dinner so we settled on a breakfast item - sausage sandwiches all round!!
 
Yum - snorkers!
 
Fortified by the above, it was back to the Purple Palace for the chance to play with our shopping - not that Andy got to play with his shopping which was 10m of ribbon and some buttons!
 
Andy's apparently had a couple of crafting techniques on his bucket list so we tried to cross off a few......
 
Wynneth and Andy playing with brusho's

After a bucket list tick (heat embossing) Andy water colours his creation with inktense pencils
 Where, you might ask, was Miss Tilly whilst this was going on? She assumed the position by the front door so no-one was going to get out without her knowledge!
 
 
Busy day, Tills?
 
Here are some of my makes ....
 
Iridescent medium and lemon brusho through my new stencil - letters,
though my paper is too small a piece to really see that clearly, also got moustaches!
Brusho's in various colours
Brushos:- scarlet with gloss gel medium and lemon with iridescent medium.
I KNOW there are no mistakes in art but I never MEANT to get those stray bits of
yellow on the piece on the right - honest!
 
And what did I buy? NO stamps at all but mostly stencils and a Ranger archival ink in sienna
 

My stash haul! FYI the ink pad is SIENNA not the beautiful cherry red it looks in the photo!
Mind you, a pal did suggest it MIGHT be perfect for Christmas ........
I've already deployed two of the stencils and the brush - YAY!
 
After a brief spell to refresh ourselves and shower it was back out once more, to meet over dinner at a local hostelry where we enjoyed steaks (though mine was gammon and Andy's was pie!) and a lovely Eton mess for dessert - shared with hubby! Not a late night after such a busy day and there's a little more of the same planned for this morning!

Over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop Di has a new "snippets" challenge where you just have to use up some of those pesky snippets we all have and, of course, there's still the "Geometric" challenge I didn't get to yesterday at Addicted to CAS


So, whilst I was waiting for Wynneth and Co. to arrive this morning I decided to have a go at the Addicted to CAS challenge and here is what I came up with ....

my geometric card

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel (x 2) for the image panel
  • Black card (x 2) for matting at 1/16" using my perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Low tack tape to mask off my geometric panel
  • TCW grungey diamond stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in tumbled glass using a Color Box stylus tool and foam blending head
  • Once the stencil was removed I added more tumbled glass to the background
  • Using a TCW arrow head stencil I added a few more geometric shapes using Distress Ink in salty ocean
  • Once the stencil and tape was removed I added my Woodware sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink before spraying the whole piece with Spray and Shine to protect it in the post (with the British weather you can never be sure and I so did not want the recipient to open up this blue mess if the ink had run!)

And the inside of my card along with the envelope


Co-ordinating inside and out!

I'm plainly in my BLUE phase as yesterdays card was pretty blue too!!!

Happy Sunday
 

13 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh gosh looks like you had an amazing time,hunny,love the photos and oh your wee dog so so cute,and as for the card just stunning,brilliant love it hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Kylie said...

What a busy day! You have exhausted me lol. Love your geometric beauty! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great name for an Inn, Kathy, I wonder who Sally was/is? Looks as if you reall enjoyed yourselves which is the mane thing, and I love the tape measure stencil especially, though the others are nice too.

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you had a great day together.

Debs M said...

great pics - love that geometric card x

Lesley Thomas said...

who makes that ruler stencil please Kathy, I can't find it.

Stephanie Poteet said...

Looks like you had an amazing day with wonderful friends and created some fabulous pieces! You're all such a talented bunch :)

Lilian said...

Glad you had a great day with Wynneth and Andy. Llove your makes.
Lilian

sandie said...

Sounds like such a fun day and love your take on out code work, great mix of shapes. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

SARN said...

Looks like everyone was enjoying themselves!

Great Snippets card mate.

Hugs,Sarn xxx

Louise Wright said...

Looks like you all had fun. Did Andy enjoy the new techniques he tested?
Fab makes. I have the ruler stencil :-)

Harriet Skelly said...

What fun you had! I love your take on the ATCAS challenge - thanks for playing with us!

Katie Berberich said...

You had be at sausage sandwich! The rest was almost a blur.
I love to see pics of you all crafting together, it always makes me smile.
Also, "mistakes".... are you kidding me? With "mistakes" like that, who needs a triumph?!
Katie x