Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Welcome to wonderful Wednesday ...

Hi there,
 
Welcoming new followers, Stephanie Poteet and Elizabeth thanks for following my blog and looking forward to seeing you both stop by again sometime.

Well, we've had some funny old weather since the weekend, it's been windy, wet, VERY wet, EVEN wetter and then SUNNY - no idea what's going on - don't know whether to take an umbrella or a sun hat! Hope it's nicer today where you are ...... ?

Right, funny couple of days with nothing going according to schedule. I was waiting in all day for a delivery of watercolour paper which I fully intended to break open and start using with my brushos - you know how the best laid plans sometime go awry? Well, the minute (I mean literally THE minute) after my delivery arrived I found myself at my neighbours assisting with the assembly of a flat pack table that would defeat even seasoned IKEA assemblers!!!! Looks nice now it IS together though! Making a short story long (you noticed, didn't you?) I didn't get round to much crafting until mid evening so just ran up a quick ATC for my collection and I'd like to share it with you today. Actually, for a simple ATC I really like it - thanks to Cherry for bringing the stencil to the top of the pile and reminding me to use it!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card (Ryman's 200gsm)
  • TCW stencil through which I applied Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and festive berries - using a Color Box stylus and foam blender head
  • Hero Arts foliage image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Mania sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Spray and Shine used to set the inks

If I'm lucky then today will go more like the plan and I may even get to enter the new challenge which CASology launched on Tuesday - their theme is: "MAGIC" - I have just the image in mind! Wonder if I will find it before getting side tracked and doing something completely different!!!

Since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday then here is a peek at my desk - I KNOW (I KNOW!!!) I need to tidy this up before going much further .... I do, don't I?


 
 
Have a great Wednesday, may your craft desk always be tidy! and, to my crafting pal, DEBS, CONGRATULATIONS on the new job matey, I am soooooooooooo pleased for you.

7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the ATC, but couldn't stand that little corner of a desk to try and work on.

SARN said...

LOVING that bold and colourful ATC Kathy.

I just know those Brusho's will be out to play with the new watercolour paper today.

HAVE FUN!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

LOVING that bold and colourful ATC Kathy.

I just know those Brusho's will be out to play with the new watercolour paper today.

HAVE FUN!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Stephanie Poteet said...

Your ATC is just beautiful, I love the background colors! As for what's on my desk... You're a brave woman to show yours, mine is piled so high right now I'm not sure it would fit in the camera frame and some of my stamping friends would be too appalled for words :)

Louise Wright said...

Stunning design x

Debs M said...

wow that black really pops on the atc - thanks for the congrats x

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab ace love the background colours.