To start today's post I would like to welcome my new followers, Ingrid, Karren and Pamellia (couldn't track down a blog) and to thank you all for stopping by, joining my blog and for leaving me a comment - I'm going to be doing the same with yours (inc Pamellia if I find one) - hope to see you again sometime soon
When I won some CAS-ual Friday stamps recently I thought I would select a set that I perhaps might not buy for myself, though I did wonder how often I might use my selection ..... but, it appealed to my sense of humour and that was good enough for me. However, the clever peeps over at CASology have come up with a challenge that sparked my interest - it's "LETTER" and this set just leapt in to my head, see if you agree....
- 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 11cm square of white card (x 2 including the insert)
- Black card for matting, using perfect layering ruler (1/16") and my trusty craft knife
- Close to my Heart "girl with briefcase" image stamped using Memento London fog ink, making it more like a "watermark" than a focal image because the focal image was meant to be the three letters
- CAS-ual Friday "WTF" letters, "border" and "Wow" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I am LOVING the way it turned out ... monochrome, modern, humorous and I'm HOPING the recipient will love it too. I can't share the inside with you as it would TOTALLY give away who the intended recipient might be!, be assured that the design will carry across both the inside and the envelope, you'll just have to trust me on this though! I am sooooooooooo gonna be using this set now I've used it in this way.
|You can see that I've also been using my sparkle medium and star stencil - |
I'll be die cutting these in to tags, very shortly!