Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Whoops! Here comes another Wednesday ....

OK - hands up ...... who got up this morning thinking it was only Tuesday this morning? Yesterday I thought it was Monday and forgot to send birthday wishes till 10:30 - thank heavens I remembered to send the card!!!

To start today's post I would like to welcome my new followers, Ingrid, Karren and Pamellia (couldn't track down a blog) and to thank you all for stopping by, joining my blog and for leaving me a comment - I'm going to be doing the same with yours (inc Pamellia if I find one) - hope to see you again sometime soon
 
My OH dragged me to the mall yesterday, we mall walked rather than shopped! The weather outside was pretty dire and, truly, there was nothing we NEEDED at the mall. The kids are still off school so the place was heaving too, so it was probably just as well we didn't actually want to shop!! HOWEVER, my hubby always regards a foray through M&S as an opportunity for a trolley dash followed by some jig saw action! - by that I mean shoe horning it in to the fridge like you might piece together a jig saw but, love him, it keeps him smiling so .... I just go with it!
 
Not much crafting crafting action yesterday - basically, I faffed about all morning and spent the afternoon at the mall so ...... it was 4pm before I had the opportunity to even stroll round to the table of craftiness to check out whether our very own Boris the Spider (named after the track by The Who - see it here) has relocated from his home under the washing machine and in to my craft area. My husband swears it's the biggest spider he's seen in quite a while! I just want to know what he's feeding it on!

When I won some CAS-ual Friday stamps recently I thought I would select a set that I perhaps might not buy for myself, though I did wonder how often I might use my selection ..... but, it appealed to my sense of humour and that was good enough for me.  However, the clever peeps over at CASology have come up with a challenge that sparked my interest - it's "LETTER" and this set just leapt in to my head, see if you agree....




Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 11cm square of white card (x 2 including the insert)
  • Black card for matting, using perfect layering ruler (1/16") and my trusty craft knife
  • Close to my Heart "girl with briefcase" image stamped using Memento London fog ink, making it more like a "watermark" than a focal image because the focal image was meant to be the three letters
  • CAS-ual Friday "WTF" letters, "border" and "Wow" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I am LOVING the way it turned out ... monochrome, modern, humorous and I'm HOPING the recipient will love it too. I can't share the inside with you as it would TOTALLY give away who the intended recipient might be!, be assured that the design will carry across both the inside and the envelope, you'll just have to trust me on this though! I am sooooooooooo gonna be using this set now I've used it in this way.
 
With it being Wednesday and all, I expect you are all curious to see my work desk - especially those who were so stunned at the tidiness of it last week. Did it last? Is it still tidy or have I reverted to type and it's a blooming mess!! You be the judge of that then ......
 

You can see that I've also been using my sparkle medium and star stencil -
I'll be die cutting these in to tags, very shortly!
 
Have a great Wednesday
 

13 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Super neat craft table and love your card.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Fab card! That, on it's own, is good enough reason for picking that glorious set of stamps. I feel absolutely certain you'll find more great things to do with it so I reckon you're onto a winner there.

Love the uber tidy work space AND those super sparkly stars.

Have a great day.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Hmm, presumably its a play on words, or should I say letters? It doesn't appeal a lot to me, I have to admit.
(Sorry).

scrappyjacky said...

Love the way you've used the letters in that card.

Stephanie Poteet said...

I love it! Funny and perfectly elegant!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Just admiring your lovely card again Kathy and I'm thinking you could do a set with the girl in different colours. I'm not normally much of a one for pink but I do think she'd look great in pink; and in purple come to that. Sure you have already thought of it but I just thought I'd mention in case you haven't :oD

Lx

Kathyk said...

Sure had Lauren - in fact, my first instinct was to do it in a shade of purple but the focal point of the card needed to be the letters on this occasion. I agree though - GREAT in pink too!

Kathy

Debs M said...

Love that card! monochrome looks great and what a tidy desk! x

SARN said...

WTF! This card REALLY appeals to my SOH Kathy. And it's very cool too!

Playing catch up, so I'm off to see what else you've been up to.

Hugs, Sarn xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Cool letters, so FUN and fantastic!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology, love seeing your creativity!!

Judy1223 said...

Kathy, you have a way with words! Your entire post made me smile. :) I love this card -- totally love your sense of humor -- and love the subtle woman image behind the letters and sentiment that take center stage. So glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

very_inky_fingers said...

LOVE this card and the the way the woman looks. Every time I post WTF on facebook I will keep that "out" in mind. LOVE IT!

Taunya Butler said...

This card really works - the monochrome and humour of it are fantastic!! Well done and thanks for the laugh!!