Friday, 26 September 2014

Here comes the weekend!

Morning all,
 
Hope you've enjoyed your week so far and have plenty to look forward to this weekend. Me? I'm out to dinner with two pals .. poor hubby's left to fend for himself but don't feel too sorry for him - he's a great cook so he certainly won't starve!!!

Yesterday it was my turn for a trip to the hairdressers, so I'm feeling "properly pruned"!!! Yesterday afternoon I nipped round to my neighbours (she's "real mum" to the surrogates regular readers will know about). Surrogate grandson #2 was there so I "fixed" his stethoscope for him!! His dad collected him whilst I was there and left the other surrogate grandson .... who'd been doing some baking at school so I got to come with some cheese scones, and very nice they were too - THANKS "H"!

Clare set the challenge over on Craftbubble 2½'s group "Craft Mad and Loving It" (membership required) for Rudolph Day yesterday and she went with "FREE AND EASY" for the challenge and here's what I came up with .... using  a CAS style and a free image

My card

A close up showing the twinkle
The co-ordinating inside and envelope
And the "FREE" stamp set used

Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Daisy and Dandelion image (fre with unknown magazine) stamped on to a die cut circle using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Die cut scallop edged circle cut from red card
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to my card blank using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crafters Companion silver Spray and Sparkle sprayed over the card front to add lots of Christmas-y twinkle!!
 
I'll also be entering this as my second entry over at Cute Card Thursday, where their challenge is to "use dies and/or punches" and I used two die cut circles! And as a second entry over at Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge is: "CAS" and, as Kylie's just reminded me .... over at Addicted to CAS where the challenge is: "CUDDLY!"

Many of my regular readers will recall that we often get awakened by the crows chorus as they convene of a morning .... not this morning! Not sure if this little critter was waiting for the crows or just plain optimistic ..



And now for the Friday Funny, this week coming to you courtesy of Trading card buddy, PatG, I can truly say that "I got it off Pat!" - you're in the 2014 draw!
 
OIL SHORTAGE
 
A lot of people can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.
 
Well, there's a very simple answer.

 Nobody bothered to check the oil.

 We just didn't know we were getting low.

 The reason for that is purely geographical.

 Our OIL is located in The North Sea

BUT

 Our DIPSTICKS are located in Westminster !!!

 Any Questions?

 NO?

 I didn't think so!!

 
Have a great weekend everyone

12 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your free and easy RD challenge card mrs k, I must get my act together and start entering challenges again soon. Maybe I should start with this RD challenge ? Waddya think ? In fact, a little batch I have just made might fit the bill.

Have a great Friday and thanks for the FF today.

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappyjacky said...

Love the funny....though sadly...it really is true!!

Kylie said...

Great card Kathy! Your post made me lol, thanks for the giggle. Have a great night out. Oh! and thanks so much for playing along at ATSM. Don't forget you can submit another entry in our Cuddly challenge at ATCAS too xx

Squirrel x said...

Another gorgeous card hun, (I have that stamp somewhere). Great design and the added twinkle is fab. I love how you coordinate everything, wish I was that organised, lol.
Thanks for the great joke from Pat, that's a keeper.
Hugs xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a great Christmas card Kathy! Your little santa doggie is too cute and all that glitter is fan-tabulous!! hugs :)

Loll Thompson said...

Sweet! Adorable little bear Kathy ... love all the sparkle and shine you've added!! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M and ATCAS. Loll xx

sandie said...

Kathy this is so gorgeous. What amazing colouring and that base card is such a fab idea for this card. I love, love this card and so pleased you joined both ATCAS and ATSM. Have a yummy meal and yes we do have a few dipsticks here in London, not just for the oil!!

Deborah Frings said...

Super cute card - so much sparkle too. Thanks for playing along with ASM this week!

Debs M said...

another great card and freebie stamp! x

Cornelia W said...

Just simply adorable! Love the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Brenda Brown said...

A cute card Kathy, lovely glittered up like that. Thanks for a Friday giggle - actually it's Saturday morning now, but great fun.
Have great weekend.
hugs Brenda xx

Karen B said...

Great card Kathy - love the cute bear and sparkle. Great base card. The oil thing had me laughing! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Karen x