Monday, 15 September 2014

Here we are at the start of another week ....

Morning folks,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend - weather was pretty nice though the mornings started off dull and grey.

If you read my post of Sunday you will know Hubby and I took ourselves out for a walk on Saturday morning. Well, I decided that I would endeavour to do it again during Sunday and headed out (OK, I admit it ... in the car!) - I parked my car at a nice park just a couple of miles from home and set to with my invisible dog (!?!??!? well everyone else present seemed to be walking theirs!) to take a stroll in the lovely surroundings. It was lovely - and I'm sure it will have done me no harm whatsoever!
 
Ever had one of those days when you wanted to make something and head to your craft area ... only to discover lots of snippets of things you started but perhaps haven't finished? Happened to me on Sunday morning - I headed to the table of craftiness which turned out to be loaded with bits of card which I had been experimenting with (brushos/mica powder and the faux mother of pearl technique) so, I thought perhaps I would make a couple of ATC's to usefully use those snippets and to add to my collection to swap. Then I had an unexpected visitor and that was Sunday morning - GONE in a flash!
 
Want to see the snippet finishes? Well, here's the first one:-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Gloss cardstock coloured using brusho's and mica spray (with clingfilm)
  • Anti static bag swiped over the gloss card
  • Visible Image INKognito flower stamped using Versamark ink before liberally sprinkling Black Sparkle embossing powder over the image and heat embossing
  • Hero Arts small sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
 
And now a faux mother of pearl ATC ..... no doubt you've spotted that I managed to use new stash in the form of my fab INKognito flower too - love it when a plan comes together now, if only I could fix it permanently!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Panel of faux mother of pearl - utilising iridescent medium/D.I.'s ripe persimmon & picked raspberry
  • Visible Image INKognito flower and stem stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink

And now, for the card design which was in my head when I steered myself towards the table of craftiness in the first place!!! This card is PERFECT for mailing as it's only One Layer!!! Of course, I SHOULD have felt guilty whilst making this card as my dear hubby was out cutting the lawns and then servicing the mower (he's a little early in laying it up for the winter!?!?!) but ..... NAH!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Gash (scrap) card with an aperture ripped to a rough rectangle (I was going for the slightly grungier look to this project and sooooo did NOT want straight lines!)
  • With my "mask" taped in place on my card blank I used a Tim Holtz mini blender (and foam pad) to apply Distress Inks in picked raspberry, seedless preserves and stormy sky
  • Paper Artsy grungy lines stamped twice using the stormy sky ink
  • Visible Image INKognito flower head and stem and also my Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Versacolour silver ink
  • Given that I used Distress Inks which react with water I gave the card and envelope a good spray with Spray and Shine - to keep it looking like this when it arrives at its destination!

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

I'm pleased with the way this turned out and even more pleased to have used new stash not once but on THREE projects within a day of receiving it - reSULT!!! I decided against carrying the colour across to the insert on the grounds it was a bit dark - my writing's quite big and I wasn't sure I wouldn't need to write across the deep colour ..... any thoughts on the topic, readers?

I'll be entering this card for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Suzy Bee's and also for the "Birthday celebrations" challenge at My Sheri Crafts - wish me luck peeps!

And now I'd best get a wiggle on as I'm heading off to meet up with the lovely Lilian (who's known crafting forums as Dudley or LittlelillyB! We're meeting for coffee as we do when time allows - see you in a bit, Lilian
 
 
Happy Monday

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great way to use your snippets,Kathy.

Sue - said...

Two great makes Kathy and definitely a result to use new stash straight away!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's...thank you taking the time to join us, we look forward to seeing you again soon...
Hugs
Suzy B Owner
XX

SARN said...

Blinking lovely . . . all of them!

YES! I suffered the same affliction as you on Sunday Kathy! Lots of backgrounds made . . . have to decide what to do with them! All SUCH fun though!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hettie said...

These are all looking fantastic Kathy. That last card is just wonderful.
Your description of stuff started and on the go matches mine too! You should see my craft room...there is a floor in there somewhere!
Hugs
xx

Sarah said...

Your card is fantastic! Love it! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Hazel said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 46 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Raquel said...

I love your technique and what a beautiful card and a matching envelop too! Wonderful job on this project!

Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

Debs M said...

well done on using your snippets up. Love that last card and envelope! You may just have to write smaller! x

P.G. Lamb said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful mixed media projects with us at My Sheri Crafts!