Sunday, 28 September 2014

Lazy Sunday again

Hi peeps,
 
Another Sunday morning and I hope you have something nice planned for today. My hubby's off to the flying field and I imagine that I'll be at home and crafting - YAY! This way, we're both happy!

Yesterday saw us heading to the home of my brother and sister-in-law as it was my brothers BIG birthday earlier in the week, they were having a family tea. They live about a 40 minute drive from us so, not that far at all. The birthday party went well and everyone had a splendid afternoon and evening
 
I have a card made using a very fun technique which I'm sure many of you have tried ... I know I've had fun with this before but .... the Friday Mashup current challenge is: to use the "Ink blowing technique" OR a colour challenge (Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Basic Black) OR both!!! Yee Haa!, I just had to go for it ... because I used snippets I shall be entering this in Di's "snippets challenge" over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop too. I forgot just how far those alcohol inks can go though!, so I now have some lovely blue spatters on my water spray and glue bottles ... oopsie!
 
 

 
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white gloss and black cardstock (no new sheets of card were harmed in the making of this card!)
  • Visible Image INKognito flower and stem stamped on to the gloss cardstock using Ranger Archival jet black (I had to have two goes at this because the first time the image stuck so firmly that much of the colour came back off too - round two feature a liberal sprinkling of pounce/talc)
  • Adirondack alcohol inks: stream and sunshine yellow - closest I own to the specified colours - I don't think they look too different, do you?
  • A straw .... for the blowing part! - though you could use an old biro and simply take the ink part out
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle to both seal and add a little "bling" - you can never have too much bling I find!
 
Happy Sunday peeps

18 comments:

Louise Wright said...

That card looks like it was ALOT of fun to make :) ace too.

Liz said...

Love your card. I've only ever done the Ink Blowing technique in school. Never thought to do it on my cards! Off to buy some straws......... xx

Jane said...

Another technique I've not done since school - looks such fun no doubt I'll give it a try. Your blog is making me try so many different ideas, thanks for all the inspiration.

Lesley Thomas said...

Oh wow Kathy, I love your beautiful BIG splats! Great card, it really looks as if you enjoyed yourself.

Debs M said...

great technique and matches that stamp perfectly - great card x

Irene said...

Hello Kathy

What an amazing and brilliant card.
I love the vibrnt colours and design.

luv
irene
xxxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Oh boy, what an amazing technique and you are brave to try it! I would be afraid that I might suck instead of blow!! Love the colours and your stark sunflower silhouette!! hugs :)

SARN said...

SUPER ink blown card there Kathy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks really fantastic with that gorgeous stamped image. What a great card! Lx

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Kathy, this turned out great! Love your stamped flower over the blown ink. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Avery Murphy said...

You did a great job at the ink blowing technique! I love how you got little splatters as well. Too bad you have ink on your spray bottles but it's much better than your wall!!!

Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Terrific job with the technique! That flower really looks fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Di said...

Totally terrific Kathy! Gosh I love the splats - super technique :)

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, Saw this fab card at the Snippets Playground and zipped over to get a closer view. It's marvelous with the bold colors and I've never tried that blowing thru the straw technique. Sometimes I've been tempted with the wet Dylusions sprays. Never thought of trying with the alcohol inks. Been getting lots of fun ideas for the alcohol inks looking at some of the Snippets entries. WTGo on this one. Enjoyed those colors - very museum quality look to this one. TFS & Hugs

Brenda said...

Wow, this is so cool looking! I've never did this before, but it looks like so much fun. So colorful and I love the stamp flower you stamped on top of that lush color! Hugs, Brenda

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

A splash and a dash, and what a masterpiece!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Kathy K- this is super fantastic! Love how you used the blown ink on your card. A stunner! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week:)

Mrs A. said...

This has total eye appeal. Love those colours. Always good to find new challenges too. Hugs Mrs A.