Sunday, 14 September 2014

Lazy Sunday

Morning peeps
 
The husband and I (cue Regal wave!) decided to take a walk yesterday in order to acquire the weekend paper and some milk ..... it was dull and grey and looked considerably cooler than of late. I ALMOST took a jacket but thank heavens I didn't! I understand that ladies don't "sweat" they "glow" but, by the time I got home, I'd like to point out that (FRANKLY) I was "glowing" up a storm! - so much so that a second shower seemed appropriate ... out of consideration to my dear hubby! Plainly much warmer than either of us had expected!!!
 
Enough of that and on to more craft-y schtuff..... here's a second entry for the Simply Less Is More (often dreaded) One Layer Card challenge to the theme of:- "BEVERAGES", which I will also  be entering for the "SENTIMENTAL" challenge over at That Craft Place
 
 

  
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • American Art "Eating, Drinking" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I die cut a scalloped square to use as a mask before sponging Distress Ink in worn lipstick through a dutchdoobadoo stencil
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using the worn lipstick ink
  • Inkadinkado "martini glass" image stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink And sentiment from the same set stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Brusho's used to water colour image .... lemon, leaf green, brown and scarlet
 
The perfect way to invite a pal round for dinner, doncha think?

And I had some happy mail yesterday .... my order from Visible Images turned up - YAY! What did I order? Scrummy INKognito images .....
 
 
Scrummy new stash
 
Hmm, now .... what should I turn one or both of the above in to? Well, over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop they have a weekly challenge where you just have to use snippets, then there's  Sketch Saturday they launched a new challenge sketch, and at Avenue 613 their challenge is  "Anything Goes" .and the same challenge at Scribble and Stamp ....
 
 
 
And here's how my make turned out ..


My twinkly heart card
And my slightly less twinkly but co-ordinating insert and envelope
How twinkly is that tinsel embossing powder?

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2, including insert) PLUS a 13½cm 5½cm panel of white card and a snippet large enough to stamp my image on
  • Red card, for matting and a snippet to edge, which I did - using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Visible Image INKognito heart stamped on to white card using Versamark ink before sprinkling red tinsel embossing powder and then heat embossing
  • On the white card snippet I sponged D.I. in picked raspberry through the Tim Holtz stripes stencil before sponging D.I. in worn lipstick through the Dutchdoobadoo circles stencil
  • I stamped the Visible Image splat image using the worn lipstick ink and the Paper Artsy splatter using the picked raspberry ink
  • Once I'd assembled and adhered my panels to my card I then stamped the Hero Arts Sentiment beneath my image panel and there you have it!
Using the following .....

 Visible Image Heart INKognito stamp   0 Visible Image Ink Splats stamp Hot Pick Xtra 01 - Backgrounds       Hero Arts Clear Design Stamp - Everyday Sayings CL342

Happy Sunday - have a good one peeps!

22 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wotcha matey! Happy Sunday :oD

Lots of droolworthy projects here but the glitter 'smooshed' heart card is my absolute fave. Wow! I LOVE that image AND what you've done with it.

Have a great day. I shall be up the ladder again with a different kind of paint...oh joy... but at least the sun is shining :oD

Lx

Lx

Aquarius said...

Great use of the heart stamp - love the background strip too

SARN said...

Oh haven't u been having fun with your new goodies! Great heart card and another brilliant one layer for LIM.

Happy Sunday matey x

Lesley Thomas said...

You are on a role with the drinks challenge, aren't you Kathy. The heart card is great too. Enjoy your Sunday. (I got 6 Christmas cards done yesterday).

Deepti said...

Awesome creations

Di said...

OH WOW!! Fabulous Kathy - you really do such lovely work.

Hugs, Di xx

Lexie said...

Great card...love the bright red against the pristine white. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Donna Ellis said...

wow! Kathy, this is fascinating! Love what you have achieved wit the heart splat! I wouldn't have known what to do - but my imagination is now going in several directions. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs, de

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Honey. I like the heart stamp.
Hugs
x

~ginny said...

Love the heart spilling over with love! And very twinkly indeed! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. LOVE the first card ... she is such a princess! Funny!

And love the red tinsel embossing powder ... I can see that my pocket book is going to take a hit every time I visit your blog ... just go and get me some of that! :) Loll xx

Anne said...

Another fun card Kathy, see that stripy stencil got used already, brilliant
Thank you for joining our challenge this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

What great cards... some stamps I have considerable envy over too!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb cards Kathy and another one for the LIM challenge. Love that sentiment and image and thanks for taking part again.
Sarah
Less is More
xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, two fab cards. Love the image and sentiment on the first one - I so agree with that. The second card is gorgeous - love that heart. A great snippet card. Elizabeth xx

Andree said...

A fantastic card. You've managed to make a 'grungy' stamp look very elegant.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Darnell J Knauss said...

All hail the tired shopping lady! Very fun, KathyK! Everyone knows the best cure for achy feet is a drinkie-poo!! And your heart anniversary card ensemble is truly magnificent!! Hugs, DarnellK

Liz Smith said...

This is such a fun stamp! And the envelope too, how cute! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create! ~ Lizzy DT

Alex H. said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday last week, sorry for my late comment!
;-) Alex H.

Debs M said...

Love that first stamp - should add crafting to that as well! Great stamps from VI and I love what you did with it x

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Fab cards..thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

Kezzy said...

Wow such gorgeous creations. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Creating :-) Kezzy xxx