Yesterday was a funny old day which started off with no water!! yes, NO WATER!!!! It had been off when we'd gone to bed but who'd a thunk it would still have been off when we got up! Still, it DID come back - we were able to shower before heading out - something the person we were visiting was no doubt glad about!!!! Delivered a brand spanky new printer to a friend and my dear hubby installed it and all the appropriate drivers etc - our friend was DELIGHTED and my hubby came away from there with numerous goodies which clearly showed her appreciation! Thanks matey ... some of it was the sharing kind (wine!) too so I may even get to benefit from her gratitude.
When we got home the water was running clear, darn it - so there was no postponing the usual weekend chore of laundry etc!
However, I did get to trawl t'internet a smidge and a couple of challenges took my eye .... Craftyhazelnut's weekly challenge (and challenge extra) this week may indeed prove to be a challenge to many people .... sort of lends itself to CAS though! What IS it? It's "to make a Christmas card in 20 minutes or less" with the added rider that this excludes the time taken to assemble materials ... and Addicted to CAS has the challenge to produce a CAS card which is "CUDDLY". I can never resist these kind of challenges so ... camera in hand I snapped the clock as I readied my materials and started my creative engine! Here's what happened over the following twenty minutes!
|OK, so this is the clock as I started|
|Materials assembled though not all cut ...|
|Look - time to spare, maybe I've time to do the envelope|
|Yep!!! and you can see that the clock is reading 3:35 - BINGO I made it!|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square of white card (x 2 including insert) + snippet for image
- Blue holographic card for matting
- Panel of "faux mother of pearl" card from a recent experiment (if you missed it then .. see it here), matted on to a snippet of holographic blue card
- Go Kreate oval die used to cut a white oval from a snippet - slightly larger than my cuddly snowman (OK so ..... who's NEVER snuggled up to a snowman???) and my Inkadinkado snowman stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
- Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to a white snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Stardust stickles used to highlight and Gold Pro Marker to colour his nose
- Silver Spray and Sparkle spritzed over the front of my card to give added twinkle (like it needed it!!!)
|And, as if to prove the point ... here's a close up to show the super twinkle!!!|
And there you have it, in under 20 minutes, a CAS Christmas card using a cuddly image! I'll also be entering this at the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Avenue 613 .... AND I get to enter it for Di's "Snippets challenge" over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop - reSULT!!!
|I think "scraping" is the cause of the smudging, need to be "double dog" careful |
because of the brusho activation with moisture
Was it me or was there really almost NOTHING on the TV yesterday? I thought I'd missed a Public Holiday when I saw that the Great Escape was on!!! Early night for me, last night, with my kindle!