Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Morning readers - food alert!

Morning all

I see the post title got you interested .... anyone who knows me personally will know that I'm no domestic goddess (too many other more creative things to keep me occupied!) so it will no doubt come as a bit of a surprise to see the photos below! Ah well, I wish I could lay total claim to it but ..... the photo truly owes more to my dear hubby (who DOES like to cook - thank heavens!) and to the person who sent me the recipe .... read on ...
 
We had friends round to dinner on Sunday evening and it was the inaugural "outing" of crunchy chicken and the lime torte (THANKS Sarn for the recipe!)

  
Didn't it look YUMMY?
  
I would have taken a photo of the crunchy chicken except it looked awful before cooking - all pale and salmonella like! - and I'm afraid we served it with noodles which meant "For heavens sake .... eat it whilst it's hot!", what I'm trying to say is that you will just have to imagine what crunchy chicken might look like all stuffed with peppers and fresh tarragon, served with noodles in a red pepper sauce. Trust me when I say it was DELISH!

Meanwhile, over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog, their new challenge (launched on Sunday) is: "To add some embossing"  and I thought it was time I entered again as I've missed a good few challenges - sorry peeps, not sure how that happened. You don't HAVE to use Pan Pastels but the winner DOES get to win some of the little pots of gorgeousness!

My "embossed" card

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White C5, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Purple mirri card and black card for matting and layering
  • White card run through my Big Shot inside a scrummy floral embossing folder (not sure who's .. as it belonged to my mate Wynneth - thanks mate)
  • I applied Versamark ink all over the embossed panel before applying Pan Pastels (using Sofft tools) in shades of green/pink/purple/silver/gold and red ..... and buffing with a cloth
  • Spray and Sparkle iridescent sprayed over to A) be sure the chalk set and B) add lots of super twinkle
  • My panel was then matted first on to purple mirri card and then black card using the 3/16" and 1/16" perfect layering rulers and my trusty craft knife!
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card and then cut out and matted on to a snippet of black card.
  • Because I used an embossing folder I couldn't QUITE carry my design through to the inside and envelope (you wouldn't be able to write on it and the Post Office would have trouble too!) so I picked a stylised flower by Hampton Arts, stamped in Ranger Archival jet black instead!
 
 
I'm also going to try entering the above card at CrazyforCAS where they've a photo for inspiration .. I took the sort of flower shaped swirls and the variety of colours for my inspiration




Over at Merry Monday those inventive peeps on the Design Team have come up with BINGO!, so I might just have to have a go at this .... make a Christmas card using three elements you choose from side to side, top to bottom or diagonal - woo hoo!



Slept like a top last night - just as well as I'm sure that I would have been kept awake by the spider who was busy creating the spidey equivalent of "The Shard" around my bedroom light fitting! It wasn't there yesterday, honest! It'll be gone shortly - frankly, I'd be too embarrassed to leave it there! I do hope it's not one of those "giant" spiders we've been reading about!



Happy Tuesday

10 comments:

Katie Berberich said...

Drooooool! Oh that looks yum and the chicken "sounds" delich too! Your embossed card is so fun, love the colours.
Let's hope its not one of those huge spiders! Yuk!
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yum! That looks pretty deeeelisheroo. I've a mind to have a go at that myself (thanks to you and to Sarn for the recipe :oD). Looks almost calorie free too!???

Smashing card. I really must make more use of my embossing folders.

Good luck with the removal of spideyville. I do hope the perpetrator is apprehended SOON!!!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy, I don't have any Pan Pastels, they seemed so expensive when they were featured a lot on TV. The recipe sounds yummy too.

SARN said...

MMMMM, am salivating while I look at your lovely Lime Torte cuz I know how delicious it is! Yes Lauren . . . it is completely calorie-free - and healthy too . . . those limes MUST count as 1 of your 5 a day!

Great embossed and inked up card for the challenge too Mate.

Naughty spider making his home with you! Little perisher!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

The lime torte looks absolutely wonderful.

Squirrel x said...

Can you make sure the invite gets here BEFORE the tort next time! That looks scrummy. And I have to say, your candy coloured card looks pretty delish too! hugs xx

Loll Thompson said...

The torte looks DELISH too!! Can you share the recipe?? I love to bake and make desserts and this is something I've never tried.

Love the pan pastel card ... so pretty with the embossing. Haven't tried (or bought) pan pastels yet, but might have to look into it. Not even sure what they are (I'm a newbie to mixed media ... and all the lovely products that are available).

As for the spider ... yuck! I'm afraid of spiders and even the webs creep me out. Hopefully it was a small industrious spider that was working through the night. Loll xx

Debs M said...

great card - love the pastels over the embossing and the cake looks fab!! As for the spider - begone foul beast!!!

Yvonne van Bruggen said...

What a beautiful card!! Thank you for joining at Crazy for CAS!

Tracy said...

Your card is fabulous and your food ...yummmmmy!
Thank you for joining in at Pan Pastel UK xxx