Saturday, 6 September 2014

Saturday morning and a challenge-fest!

Morning all,
 
Challenge day for me - that's how I (mostly) spend my Saturday morning's and there are some doozy's out there to choose from.
 
There's a couple of Christmas card challenges going on right now:
1) Festive Friday - where there's a photo for inspiration
2) Jingle Belles - are celebrating all things golden and glittery
3) 52CCT - Sketch challenge
 
And those nice peeps at the Friday Mashup  have a sketch - who knows? Perhaps a twofer, a threefor or even a fourfor (from that selection)?
 
             
 
The photo inspiration (Festive Friday)   and the sketch (Friday Mashup)
 
52CCT's sketch
And here's the first make from me today

 
My Make for the THREEfor!
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • 14½cm square panel of green card (x 2 including the insert)
  • 14cm square panel of white card (x 2 including the insert)
  • A snippet of white card on to which I stamped my Penny Black wreath three times, using Adirondack bottle, pesto and finally Versamark inks before adding gold dazzle embossing powder and heat embossing (a technique I've recently re-discovered!!! Forgot quite how much I love the effect)
  • I then die cut my image using a Go Kreate plain oval
  • Having drawn round the oval on the base white panel I then stamped my Hero Arts sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink and a partial bough image (manufacturer unknown) numerous times using Encore gold ink before adhering my image panel, to give me a nice gold border
 
Yes, I think I've managed a "threefer"! It's also my turn to set the monthly challenge over at Craftbubble2½ (membership required) this month and I've selected "More than one" as my theme (with 3 stamped wreaths, three layers and three colours of inks) and will be using the above card as my entry. I'll also be entering this over at Festive Friday (with the boughs) and also at Jingle Belles (all that gold and glittery embossing powder) - I tried for one of the above sketches but managed to make a complete pigs ear of it so it's back to the drawing board for that one! I DID, however, manage to make one for this sketch over at Sketch Saturday


I will also be entering it for the "UNDER" challenge over at CASology. And, as usual, here's a view of the inside and the envelope as well as a close up of the three images and all that glittery loveliness

Carrying my theme across the inside and the envelope

Twinkle, Twinkle


And, of course, there's the new challenge over at Simply Less Is More, where their new challenge is a colour challenge:-

Colour Challenge 
this month we have a yummy combination of colours!
CHOCOLATE MINT

Now I have to be honest I don't much care for these colours let alone together so, I'm predisposed towards NOT LIKING this card but I ask you for your opinions ..... imagine my surprise to find I was first to enter this week!!




Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Dutchdoobadoo vanishing circles stencil through which I sponged Distress Ink in evergreen bough, using a Color Box stylus and blending foam head
  • Using splat images from Inkylicious, Visible Image and Paper Artsy I stamped a pretty random design using Brilliance coffee bean ink
  • Woodware sentiment stamped (at what I felt was a jaunty angle!!) using the coffee bean ink too

I didn't have exactly mint and chocolate so used these instead, think they are pretty close though ...




Have a great weekend


20 comments:

serendipity said...

I like them both Kathy - you're too hard on yourself! Love the dots/splat combo on the 2nd one

Gerrina said...

Great X/mascard! What a beautiful wreath! And I think your LIM-card is beautifully grunge! You were so quick! Enjoy your weekend, Gerrina

Jane said...

Love that twinkly wreath, looks 3D!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the sparkle of this - great idea to add definition with the 'shadow'! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the wreath card particularly Kathy, I bought that stamp, now I have to find it! (I know I put it in a safe place, LOL).

Deepti said...

Wow that wreath is the prettiest :)

Lynne said...

Two very different but gorgeous cards Kathy. Love the glittery wreath and the grunge style for Lim is fab.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

These are great cards Kathy and considering you don't usually fancy the LIM colours this time... you did a great job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

loveofcollage said...

love the card..great gold sparkle

Bea said...

Great cards - so different. The wreath card is stunning and the LiM entry a great grunge type card.
x

Lynn said...

Oh I love all the gold and that you've finished the envelope off too. So elegant. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, what a fabulous combination of a bunch of different challenges and you've totally rocked all of them! thanks for sharing our "gilt trip" at JINGLE BELLES!!! :)

Stephanie Poteet said...

Brilliant work all around!

SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' that fancy wreath ... so glad you went for the gold with us at jingle belles this week.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy despite your dislike of the colours. Looks like you got thinking of eating mint chocolates and hmmm zap right in there first up with 2 great cards.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I love that gold wreath and leaves. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely CAS crafting with us at CASology for the 'under' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Linby said...

That wreath is amazing - you must have such patience to cut it out!
Great you overcame your aversion to mint and choc to create a fab card too.
Linbyx

Anne said...

Sorry Kathy, I dreamt up the colour combi - and I had the hardest time working with it too lol! Your grungy creation is gorgeous
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Jan Ltc said...

You did a great job Kathy and well done on being first. I have just gotten round to doing one xx Jan