Thursday, 4 September 2014

Thursday and another unscheduled post from me .....

Morning,
 
Here we are Thursday again and it's looking like a week with a post every day from me!! And I've been trying so hard not to - so you lot don't get bored! Ah well, what can I say? I have some weeks when I just can't stop myself!
 
Over at The Male Room their challenge (launched on Wednesday) is to make a masculine card along the lines of "Autumn/Fall" - easy peasy ... right? Apparently, not QUITE as easy as I had thought because I got out three stamp sets and then .... went with a fourth!! DOH! I pulled out a Kaisercraft set with bar codes, I pulled out Algernon by Acid Drops and Whatnots and I pulled out my Urban Beats by Creative Expressions - you would have thought ONE of those would have done the job, wouldn't you? I went with autumn colours and a harvest image ..... I quite like the outcome, have a look and see if you do too.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13cm square panel of white card
  • Rust and deep orange card for matting - cut to a 1/16" border using a perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Distress Inks in wild honey and tea dye swiped across the white card (one from top to bottom and the other from bottom to top!)
  • Kaisercraft "chevron" image stamped using the tea dye ink
  • Paper Artsy grungy lines stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Memento potters clay ink
  • Sunshine Designs wheat ear stamped multiple times using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine spritzed over the project to seal (and protect against rain whilst in transit to the male recipient)
 
And, as usual, I've carried the design across both the inside of the card and the envelope - check it out ....



Have a great Thursday, whatever you are up to ... me? I'm waiting in for someone (courier) to collect a faulty monitor delivered a week or so ago - there will probably be crafting involved whilst I'm waiting but what's the betting that he or she turns up whilst I'm mid glue/heat embossing etc?!?!?!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, this card really caught my eye this morning. Great autumnal colours, fab design and the wheat ears are perfect for the theme. Like the decorated envelope too. Elizabeth xx

Debs M said...

great autumn colours, the background stamping looks fab x

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the 'extra' card Kathy! I've just read on another blog that you have 13 weeks of settled weather coming! You might want to hold back on the autumnal cards! Sadly, I don't think that we will get that lovely weather here in NW Ireland

SARN said...

Brilliant autumnal male card. Love those stamps. xxx

Katie Berberich said...

You'd have to make them wait if you're heat embossing! ;)
A lovely card Kathy, great effects achieved as ever.
Hope you didn't have to wait too long.
Thank you so, so much for your vote. I am so thankful.
Katie x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Amazing! You have actually combined two of the toughest things, masculine and autumn...and you've done it swimmingly!! This is fantastic Kathy, I love the black against the autumn background strip! Just wonderful :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a winning man card for autumn, KathyK!! I have one of those wheat grass stamps and do love how they look on a card. This is especially effective with that background! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

Superb!! Stamping on the BG :) perfect autumn card !

Sarah Gray said...

Love these rich autumn colours and layered stamping - the images are great for a man's card!

Skye said...

A terrific male card. I love the silhouette against the great background stamping. The colours a truly autumn.

Thank you for your info regarding Hero Arts digitals. It's very kind of you

Jacqueline said...

Kathy this is a beautiful card your silhouettes work perfectly with your fab border love how you have decorated your envelope too - thanks for sharing in THM this week - Jacqueline xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful Autumn card and matching envie! Thanks for joining in at The Male Room~

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - the slightly grungy background and silhouette stamps look fab. And I do like that you've done the envelope too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!