Friday, 5 September 2014

Welcome to Friday - the weekend starts here!!!! Yee Haa

Morning all
 
Hope you've a fun weekend planned.
 
I'm off out tomorrow evening, with a pal, we're meeting up with another pal - in Cheltenham! Poor hubby's being left at home to self cater!! He won't starve since it's him that does 99.9% of the cooking in our house anyway!

Yesterday was a funny old day .... our wireless internet was up and down like a roller coaster and, at one point, the connection wouldn't even stay up long enough to check e-mails. It was time for the I.T. department (aka hubby) to climb up in the loft and "wire me" once again since wireless is so not working for me!!! So here I am again, hard wired - old school! SO far, it's ROCKING!

Once connected I just HAD to have a naughty five minutes - doesn't take long, does it? I nipped on-line and ordered a couple of images from Visible Image so now (of course) I can't wait for them to arrive - watch this blog and see how long it takes me to get them inky once they arrive then!!

My regular readers will recall that I signed up for a summer school project entitled "Me Time Messages" thought up and placed on-line by the lovely (and super talented) Clare - it was over six weeks and featured seven project. Well, those six weeks were up about ten days ago and I still had project six to finish so, yesterday I got cracking.

As per Clare's instructions I picked an envelope for my project ... now I remember why I had this envelope left over, along with about a dozen others just like it - as I gesso'd my little socks off the whole envelope warped and didn't return to shape when dry either - BUM! Never one to quit I soldiered on but discovered that the warping did NOT lead to the successful (or smooth) application of modelling paste through my stencil - another BUM! Still, Kate Crane says there are no mistakes in art - and she should know so, I carried on regardless!!

The BACK of my project

The FRONT of my project
 
And the next layer? According to Clare's instructions the next layer should involve acrylic paint .... followed by stamped tissue paper And here's the stamped tissue paper (I simply split a 3 layer tissue and used the layers separately) which I did whilst waiting for gesso and modelling paste to dry ...

Just waiting to be adhered using Matte gel medium
I used Distress Paint in picked raspberry and, whilst still wet,
sprinkled a little of the scarlet brusho water colour crystals

Then I laid my stamped tissue paper, for placement

before brushing on Claudine Hellmuth matte medium to affix in place
I'll trim the edges once dry

Next step? Well that will be trimming the tissue paper, obviously, and then maybe a little more stamping. Some colouring, possibly with brusho's or inktense pencils/blocks but that's probably going to be in another post ..... and then, do it all again, on the back!


 
And now for this week's Friday Funny, winging it's way through the ether courtesy of PatG this week, so you can blame her if you don't care for it!
 

A far more accurate account of the events of that fateful morning....

Baby bear goes downstairs, sits in his small chair at the table.
He looks into his small bowl. It is empty. 'Who's been eating my porridge?' he squeaks.

Daddy Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl and it is also empty. 'Who's been eating my porridge?!?' he roars.

Mummy Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells, 'For God's sake, how many times do I have to go through this with you idiots? It was Mummy Bear who got up first. It was Mummy Bear who woke everyone in the house. It was Mummy Bear who made the coffee. It was Mummy Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was Mummy Bear who swept the floor in the kitchen. It was Mummy Bear who went out in the cold early morning air to fetch The newspaper and croissants. It was Mummy Bear who set the damn table.

'It was Mummy Bear who walked the dog, cleaned the cat's litter tray, gave them their food, and refilled their water.

'And now that you've decided to drag your sorry bear-arses downstairs and grace Mummy Bear with your grumpy presence, listen carefully, because I'm only going to say this once....



'I HAVEN'T MADE THE BLOOMING Porridge YET' !!!




Go on, own up - you PROBABLY saw that coming but ...

 
 Don't forget - if you're not all FUNNY'd out, you can check out the Hettiecraft blog in a bit, she's always good for a Friday Funny!
 
 
Have a fabulous weekend everyone - see you tomorrow for some challenges
 
 

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A great piece of art and the envelope didn't make any difference to the finished product, it worked really well.
Thanks for sharing the FF, it needed to be said lol.
Enjoy the weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx

SARN said...

Can't wait to see the finished envelope. Looking good so far!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Katie Berberich said...

Cor, that's a lot of layering. The dimension of it is fab. I love how you add the tissue paper stamps onto the paint -v.cool!
Isn't technology a pain in the backside? I'm glad your sorted again, even if it is old school.
Hope Cheltenham was fun. And you are off to sunny Ciren too! Oh, now I'm jealous. Have a Costa coffee for me.
Katie xx

Deepti said...

This is so stunning, a work of art :)

Hettie said...

Looking forward to seeing how your envelope turns out.
Your version is a little cleaner than when I last read it. Still funny though!
Hugs
xx